View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Starters Orders Ipad? 
Selling plater

Post Starters Orders Ipad?
Will starters orders get a ipad version aswell? I read today GM is getting one, so surely the horseracing one would do well/better then?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:27 pm
Site Admin

Will starters orders get a ipad version aswell? I read today GM is getting one, so surely the horseracing one would do well/better then?

The reason GM2 has been ported first is because it uses a newer cross platform engine which makes porting to the iPad a much quicker process. Also GM2 makes less demands on memory and processors (video and cpu).

GM2 actually needed some work to get it to 'fit' on the iPad. The form book is smaller. There are less save game slots and (fairly obviously) no construction kit. The rest of the game is pretty much the same as the PC version. Because of these removed features and because the App Store games are cheaper GM2 will be available for around £6. Hopefully it will bring some new faces to the forums and the horse game also.

So a Starters Orders port would require more features taken out. I aim to get some kind of Starters Orders game on the iPad but not sure when and what form it will take.

The great thing about the iPad (from my point of view) is that it runs in 1024x768. Exactly the same as the base default resolution for both GM2 and SO4. This has made the port quite a quick process.

As for the iPhone there are real issues getting the data on the screen and with the user interface so this is more doubtful.

PS. Apple have passed GM2 so it may be on the App Store for Christmas eve.

Last edited by admin_ on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:15 pm
Handicapper

Will there be a discount on price for GM2 Iphone for people who already have GM2

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:54 pm
Site Admin

Unfortunately that is not possible. The app store is run by apple and there is no facility to link my databases and offer any kind of reduction. Still, the iPad version is quite cheap (£6.49) for what is a nice portable option for those who may want to play on the move but not cart a laptop about.

GM2 is now listed: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/greyhound-manager-2/id408865581?mt=8

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:23 pm
Group 3 winner

Any plans to release on Android mobiles mark?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:48 pm
Group 1 winner

It's already on the Apps Store on Itunes.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]