View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hi, I'm new with a few queries... 
Selling plater

Post Hi, I'm new with a few queries...
Hi all I just bought SO4 yesterday and I'm really impressed with it.
As a veteran od SO2 where I had some top quality horses I'm having trouble with SO4.

As I'm Irish I am playing the Irish season and more of a jumps fan more than anything so I am only playing the Irish jump schedule.

Sometimes I get some top horses but they are fairly old and when they win a Grade 1 its only in that 1 season where they will win and then they seem to lose their flare in the next season or 2.

At the start I usually sell 1 or 2 horses max so I can get money to buy gallops, hurdles etc. Then I don't really have the money to buy any decent horse?

Any tips are much appreciated!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:16 pm
Group 1 winner

I have the same problem. The horses I've bought and bred in the NH game seem to really struggle to be consistent. This is partly due to the handicapping system, you get hammered for winning even a low grade race. I'm not sure what the other part of the reason it but it's frustrating.

I have a flat game too, so every horse in that who is group level, but not as good as my others, providing they have 'average' jumping or better will be exported, then transferred into my jumps game. They're much more consistent than the NH bred ones and it's really got my breeding going well so I hope the new NH horses, with flat lines, can hold their form better.

I don't know what it is, maybe some kind of problem with the game or maybe just us both finding bad horses, but that's what I try to do.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]