View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hi 
Selling plater

Post Hi
Hi, I have the problem of being adept at the racing game for real, but not as hot on the old PC.

My first question my avoid the others. I don't mind reading things, I just want to know where to look. So is there any 'how to' rules?

If not, some questions, I hope the experts can answer.

Is there a way to sell a horse without it having to win a claiming race?

If I have more than one horse in a race, I can only access one runner for tactics, how can I access them all?

How do I operate the breeding section? I upgraded but I tried to put a couple of horses to stud, but they have an icon, but they are still racing and they are not in my breeding section.

How do you buy unnamed two year olds?

I have 20 horses in my yard, now I have to individually click them to enter them for a race, may be a scrolling issue, or a user issue(more likely)

How do you ungeld a horse? No that one was a joke.

Thanks in advance.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:17 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Hi
jimrod1000 wrote:
Hi, I have the problem of being adept at the racing game for real, but not as hot on the old PC.

My first question my avoid the others. I don't mind reading things, I just want to know where to look. So is there any 'how to' rules?

If not, some questions, I hope the experts can answer.

Is there a way to sell a horse without it having to win a claiming race?

If I have more than one horse in a race, I can only access one runner for tactics, how can I access them all?

How do I operate the breeding section? I upgraded but I tried to put a couple of horses to stud, but they have an icon, but they are still racing and they are not in my breeding section.

How do you buy unnamed two year olds?

I have 20 horses in my yard, now I have to individually click them to enter them for a race, may be a scrolling issue, or a user issue(more likely)

How do you ungeld a horse? No that one was a joke.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ya

Im not so good at it as people but at the top of game on the left hand theres a question mark that tells u most of the game
I dont think u can buy unnamed 2 year-olds only when u breed them then u can name them.
To send them to stud press on the horse u want to send & in the bottom right hand corner u will see retire to stud.

Hope that helps u alittle.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:21 am
Group 1 winner

1) There are instructions that come with the game. Also lots and lots of threads on here about how to get the best horses etc.

2) When you are viewing a horse there is a small A button with a box on the LHS of it underneath where the horses' rating is displayed. If you click the box and type in a reserve then click the A button your horse will be sent to auction.

3) Hover the mouse over the arrow where the tactics list is and press the down arrow. You'll get the next horse then.

4) You've possibly selected retire to game pool. Make sure that in the far RHS of the horses' screen you have selected 'retire to breeding barn' the horse will leave the racing stable that same day. Then you can breed.

5) You breed the unnamed 2yo's so you don't need to buy them. There's a 2yo auction at the beginning of each new season where you can buy pre-named game horses.

6) Errr, not 100% sure what you mean but you do have to select each horse in turn to enter them in a race.

7) Save the game. Geld the horse. press ctrl-alt-delete/esc. Press 'end task'. Re-open game and the horse is no longer gelded, but you haven't achieved anything by doing this!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:28 pm
Selling plater

Thanks, the ungeld was more related to a horse you would want to breed!!

I'm getting there but if I click retire to bard an r comes up beside the horse but it stays in training, I'm thing I must have to confirm in some way????

The point about the horses you didn't get. If I have 20 horses in my stalls, I have to scroll to see them all. This also means I can't click the red button to highlight the horse to be declared. Problem solved, I had too many horses anyway!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm
Group 3 winner

You're not serious? If a horse has had his wedding tackle removed how can it be put back? You are aware what geld is? :D

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm
Selling plater

jimrod1000 wrote:

You're not serious? If a horse has had his wedding tackle removed how can it be put back? You are aware what geld is? :D

You are aware it's a joke, yes? It could only be a joke if I knew what gelding meant.

Would you fancy jumping beechers with your wedding tackle dangling :D

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:00 pm
Group 1 winner

neves_rats wrote:
jimrod1000 wrote:

You are aware it's a joke, yes? It could only be a joke if I knew what gelding meant.

Would you fancy jumping beechers with your wedding tackle dangling :D

Never mind beechers what about the chair? :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]