View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 'Newbie', a cuple of question, please. 
Selling plater

Post 'Newbie', a cuple of question, please.
My first quetion is a duplicate from the Jockeys/trainers part of the forum. The pictures do not show up in the game. I have followed the instructions. I am using only the 'jump' season.
My second is this. On the 'paddock' screen alongside some of the horses names, appear tiny triangles in different colours. What is the meaning of these? I have searched pretty well and gone through the game instructions but haven't found an answer. :?:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 am
Group 1 winner

The triangles that appear by the name mean the following

Blue - Horse is nicely settled, laid back and ready to run a big race.
Light Red - Horse is edgy at the start, sweating up and the occassion is taking it's toll on the horse, chances of winning that bit harder.
Dark Red - Horse has sweated up badly, possibly bolted to post and has boiled over. Will almost certainly come last or near the rear of the field and this isn't his true running.

-----------------------

As for your portaits problem, I haven't tried it for the jumps but my flat jockeys have no problem showing up in the game.

Hope this goes some way to helping you understand the game more.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Jockey pictures etc.
Thanks for the explanation Duke. It's obvious when someone tells toy. I'll have another go at the jockey pic's'. If i get stuck i'll have to ask again.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:16 pm
Selling plater

Post Jockey pictures etc.
I have uninstalled the game and am now going to reinstall it. This is what I do to get the pictures in my game. Right click on the 'jockey pictures' folder. Go through the path C:\P.F.\SO4\GFX\portraits\1\jockeys. I then click to paste the pic's into the pc. I do the same for the trainers. The pic's don't show. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone assist, please?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Do the names of the jockeys/trainers match up correctly with those used in the game?

For example, Ryan Moore would need to be saved as R L Moore.jpeg

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Jockey pictures
Now I'm getting somewhere. Foegive my ignorance but how do I check the name out and alter those that need altering? Your assistance is appreciated Duke. :oops:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:53 pm
Group 1 winner

You just compare with the names of the picture files which those that are listed as trainers in your game.

For example Jamie Maguire would be listed in your game as J Maguire, so your picture file would need to be J Maguire.jpeg for it to show up in the game.

Just give that a look and make sure it's all correct, other than that I'm afraid I can't offer much more help really. :?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Jockey pictures
Thanks again Duke, I'm assuming that the pictures show up with the '19c' patch, right? Also, on reading through the forums, I get the impression that there is an in game editor. Right or wrong, please? If so, how do I access it because I can't find it? Forgive my pc ignorance as I am a senior citizen with no pc experience at all. To me, this is like walking in complete darkness without anyone to guide me.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm not using the 19c patch at the moment, but they should one would imagine.

In regards to the in game editor, it is for editing schedules only and can be found when loading the Starters Orders 4.exe file to load up the game, in the bottom left hand corner you will see a grey button with a spanner on it, click on that and it'll take you to the schedule editing facility.

I will have a look at getting trainer pics into my game this evening for you, and see if I can get them to work.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Jockey pictures
Your time and efforts are really appreciated, Duke. I have reinstalled the game. I have found out how to edit the trainers names and add the .jpg. There are about 200 pictures. I found that some of the pictures in the game are not in the downloaded trainers picture list.

It took me nearly two hours to do all the searching and changing. Then, when I tried to install the pictures, nothing happened. They still woudn't show. I must have done something else wrong because the game wouldn't reload just now. I have again reinstalled the game, after doing a clean uninstallation. I don't think that I shall give up my day job!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:58 pm
Group 1 winner

I presume after another clean reinstall you have now got the game working again?

I'll try and see if I can get jumps trainers pictures to show in the game, I'll be back shortly.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I've just noticed the pack you downloaded contains only Flat trainers only, and thus they wont show up in the Jumps area of the game.

I've just created two files (Graham Lee and Nicky Henderson) and they show up in a jumps game perfectly fine.

If I get time, I'll try and create a NH jockey & trainer facepack for you and others who would like it.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Jockey and trainer pictures.
Duke, I am obliged to you. If you could do that, I would be very grateful. I have got the game up and running as it should. I should have realised about the trainers but my present day knowledge of racing is not too good. Twenty years or so ago I was pretty well up with the racing. I now find that I am having to 'swat up' on the types of races etc.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]