View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 What does everything actually mean in the declerations? 
Selling plater

Post What does everything actually mean in the declerations?
I'm a novice at horse racing but I enjoy it. I've played the game for awhile and have basically either ignored things I don't understand or looked them up. Hopefully I'm not the only one with the same questions.

I'm running the USA schedule but I assume (hope) things are the same with the other schedules.

1m1f (110y) The Preakness Stakes (C1) Grade 1 race (3yo) (Dirt)

Ok, got most of that except:

a) What is 110y?
b) I get that C1 means "Class 1" but does it just designate the kind of horse that races? The prize money? I see anything from C1 to C7 and don't really get the point of what "Class" means.

In Declarations, in the Current Declerations some horses will have a "C" next to their name, some a "D", some "CD", some "G". What do these stand for?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:32 am
Group 1 winner

a) this means the trip will be 1 mile, 1 furlong and 110 yards. (basically the best part of 1m2f) the y stands for yards!

b) Class 1 is the highest class of race. (I'm not too good with US racing but I think it's the same as the UK in the game). A Class 1 race will be a group or listed race. C2 a top handicap and so on down. So if you have an 80 rated handicapper you would, in theory, have a better chance in a class 5 0-80(/90) race (I can't remember the exact class boundaries) than you would in a class 2 0-110 handicap, even though it might have a much lighter weight. The prize money also increases as you go up in class. C7 is the lowest class, sellers and claimers.

I think I'm right in saying that:
C= won on the course before,
D= won at the distance before,
G= won on the ground before.
So if you have a horse with CDG after it's name it has won on the course, over the distance and on the ground the race will be run on.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 am
Selling plater

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]