View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 A few questions? 
Selling plater

I think I am going to start a new season, and just throw some bets around, and try to build a bit of a bank account, and then buy an expensive horse (I read somewhere that most expensive horses sometime or another do really well), and then just go from there

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:52 pm
Group 3 winner

I always advance 6 months at the start of a new game to build up some form. Don't throw bets around. If you look carefully, and use Ctrl Alt Del you will make plenty of money. As I said previously, money eventually becomes irrelevant, I have almost 150 million in my current game, every upgrade etc, money now means nothing.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:21 pm
Selling plater

Control alt delete is cheating though, and I dont want to cheat.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:44 pm
Selling plater

I tend to run my 2 year olds in maidens then conditions races, the conditions races especially boost their rating. Then I sell them on at the end of the season and buy a couple more, improving in quality every year. If you can nick a Group 3 then you can make enough money by selling to get going properly.

If the 2YO's aren't up to winning a maiden then I run them in claimers and bet on them, then buy them back after. Once your horse has won one claimer then you can build up a decent pot as you know what it is capable of. That's more high risk though, as you can lose a packet if it doesn't win a race by getting blocked in something.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:44 pm
Handicapper

I see a lot of the trainers we're up against run their two year olds once in a class race and earn a good rating then come out next year in an early season claimer and, with their high rating, win. Worth trying?

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 am
Selling plater

I am new and not very good but I race my horses almost exclusively in feature races if they look to drop to a low mark i.e 90 and below I enter into a 90 handicap. Because of their bad form they generally start at a good EW price so I do max EW bets till Either i cant be bothered do any more or the price reaches 5/1. Then run the race. I have built up a fully paid up all mod con stable and 29 mil in the bank.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2