View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Jockey Instructions 
Selling plater

Post Jockey Instructions
I've been playing this game for awhile now. But one thing I have *never* played around with were jockey instructions. I figured they knew a hell lot more than i did. So, let them run the horse.

And for the most part, they seem to do fine with it. They almost always run a horse the same way. A closer is run as a closer, a frontrunner as a frontrunner.

But I just watched a race where my superstar "stalker" of a horse was run as a "closer". Just floored me. In 22 races on dirt, she had never lost and had never run anything other than a stalker. Same jockey. Same distance. Same going. Finished 7th.

So, I have now read as much as I can about Jockey Instructions. So, am I understanding things right?

Frontrunner: I would assume they would be run as "Force the Pace" or "Pacemaker". (though I hate frontrunners, they almost always get passed in the final furlong or two)

Stalker: "Race Handy" or maybe "Even Pace" along with probably "Don't Lead". Or maybe "Don't Trail" would be better?

Closer: "Hold Up" or more likely "Slight Hold Up" along with "Don't Trail". Maybe with a "Challenge Earlier" if they can stay the trip.

Seems to me those are the 3 kinds of horses. Am I missing any? Do those jockey instructions seem correct?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:22 am
Handicapper

i dont think you are really missing anything. you tend to get front runners, drop ins , drop outs and hold up horses

i agree sometimes a jockey will run it differently and lose, adds to the realism of the game.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]