View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Best Stayer I've Had For a While 
Handicapper

Post Best Stayer I've Had For a While

Not had one as consistent at so many distances. Can't wait for her 6yo season and then her foals.

She is by a Two time Ascot Gold Cup winner and 7 times G1 winner Regal Royal and Out of Quinny a 2 time Melbourne Cup winner.
The Dam's Sire is Northern Flyer my first Melbourne Cup winner

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:16 am
Group 1 winner

Keep us informed by how her foals get on, you never know you might find one even better. :wink:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Cracking stuff Daveboy!

Keep us informed by how her foals get on, you never know you might find one even better. :wink:

Thanks "The Duke" she seems to have become a bit slower in her final year of racing i will post a picture when I finsh the season.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:58 pm
Handicapper

Travelled awsomely in the melbourne cup was a pleasure to just watch that race! Can't wait to breed from her.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:20 pm
Group 3 winner

The melbourne Cup is a notoriously easy staying race to win though, it's meant to be a handicap, but, it's not in the game, therefore if you enter a good stayer in it you should win it. As I see your stayer was rated 130 then she would have been a bang on certainty :D Not meaning to piss on your bonfire, and her other wins are admirable :D A little query, I notice you ran a whole season in less than a day? it takes me several weeks to run a season (combined, with usually nearly 100 horses in the yard)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:51 pm
Handicapper

The melbourne Cup is a notoriously easy staying race to win though, it's meant to be a handicap, but, it's not in the game, therefore if you enter a good stayer in it you should win it. As I see your stayer was rated 130 then she would have been a bang on certainty :D Not meaning to piss on your bonfire, and her other wins are admirable :D A little query, I notice you ran a whole season in less than a day? it takes me several weeks to run a season (combined, with usually nearly 100 horses in the yard)

I have a very select breeding system for instance i have noticed that the sires of most of my best horses are 8+ group 1 winners so i only retire sires that fall into that category i then give them so many attempts to produce and if they don't there gone if they do they stay for instance i have 4 sires atm. With broodmares i have 9 atm and to get in the barn they have to win 4+ group 1 and be consistent throughout there career (till they are at the end of there 3yo career). If they are not i will retire them to my jumps game (only if they stay over 1m1f) if they don't they will be sold. This means i usually have 4 older horses 12 3yo and 12 2yo (my 2yo only run 3 times a season to get maximum progression at 3 by not over racing them) to start a season but by the end its usually 3 older 4 3yo and 12 2yo with only 7 horses to place it means season go by quick. Hope that answered your question. And with your comments on it not being a good group 1 i play my own schdule and have preped it with the Royal Oak Doncaster Cup and Caufield Cup to give the best field possible.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:27 pm
Group 3 winner

looks to have huge potential..BOIL m8

would love to breed to that one if inter-breeding comes in next seaon m8

:wink:

Paul(LR)

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Selling plater

100 horses lol I would struggle with that lot. Here is a question. How do you decide to run your horses? do you place in a race for each period of the calander?

I wouldnt know if i was over racing or underacing my horses.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:31 pm
Group 3 winner

100 horses lol I would struggle with that lot. Here is a question. How do you decide to run your horses? do you place in a race for each period of the calander?

I wouldnt know if i was over racing or underacing my horses.

I'd get used to the fixtures after a while and then know what races to run my horses in. I only race my horses if there green condition bar is near the top or all the ways to the top and there fitness is at the top. Usually 3-4 weeks for a Stayer, 2-3 for a sprinter or Miler etc.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]