View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Major gamble landed 13 million in profit 
Group 1 winner

Post Major gamble landed 13 million in profit
battered the bookies in my game my horse pentallino was unraced over jumps but had won multiple g1s on flat and i knew
he would be a good novice hurdler an knew he would win if i held him up and challenge early it all fell into place and he zoomed past
to land a big gamble if he lost or fell i would be skint ha ha just a bit of fun

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I am surprised Paul that the odds didnt go odds on with all that cash being lumped on lol.
I am glad I wasnt the bookie that you bankrupted ha ha, well done. :lol:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 am
Handicapper

Hmm something's not right in the programming there?

Not sure how anyone could've lost money on that race LOL :D

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 am
Group 1 winner

think he opened at 2 to 1 2nd fav he went into evens after 4 or 5 bets
then the price never changed so lumped on again and again and still no
change in price

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Yeah but 88% book. Something needs adjusting there methinks.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:51 pm
Group 1 winner

all thats too technical for me you must be a bookmaker

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

bosra sham wrote:

Yes the one that you bankrupted ha ha :lol: just joking.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:47 am
Group 2 winner

I love the name file that you made, I couldn't believe my eyes seeing all these Australian trotting champions from just a year appear in the game lol, are you sure your not an aussie mate??

Rip Van Winkle
Pure Steel
the great one miler Paleface Adios
to name just a few.
good on you mate nice to see those names in the game thats for sure brings back lots of memories.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi exxplozion,
I love the name file that you made, I couldn't believe my eyes seeing all these Australian trotting champions from just a year appear in the game lol, are you sure your not an aussie mate??

Rip Van Winkle
Pure Steel
the great one miler Paleface Adios
to name just a few.
good on you mate nice to see those names in the game thats for sure brings back lots of memories.

No I'm not Australian unfortunately Tomas, beautiful country would love to visit one day and see all the sites like Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Great Barrier Reef just to name a few.
Glad you like the variety of names included, I just wanted to have a game where it felt great to race against great horses from different nationalities.
I hope that Mark expands the database from 10,000+ horse names to over 40,000+ I would gladly do another name database and include horses like; Gloaming who won 19 successive races in New Zealand and Australia.
:D

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:37 pm
Group 2 winner

No I'm not Australian unfortunately Tomas, beautiful country would love to visit one day and see all the sites like Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Great Barrier Reef just to name a few.
Glad you like the variety of names included, I just wanted to have a game where it felt great to race against great horses from different nationalities.
I hope that Mark expands the database from 10,000+ horse names to over 40,000+ I would gladly do another name database and include horses like; Gloaming who won 19 successive races in New Zealand and Australia.

Gloaming is a great horse your right exxplozion, but tell me how did you find these great horse names of the trotters from the 70's, we were in harness racing in the 70's and I tell you what, I have watched some great clashes between these titans mate, the Miracle Mile, Inter-Dominion, they were the days exxplozion for both harness racing & the thoroughbreds mate, by the way it's great to see you back lad, it's always good to read your posts.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 am
Group 1 winner

exxplozion wrote:

Gloaming is a great horse your right exxplozion, but tell me how did you find these great horse names of the trotters from the 70's, we were in harness racing in the 70's and I tell you what, I have watched some great clashes between these titans mate, the Miracle Mile, Inter-Dominion, they were the days exxplozion for both harness racing & the thoroughbreds mate, by the way it's great to see you back lad, it's always good to read your posts.

It's good to be back Tomas and thank you for those kind words. As for where I found the names of the trotters from the 70's I just typed in different wordings into Google and searched until I found what I was looking for. I have no specific site that I go to but when SO5 comes out, next year I reckon, I will do another name database that will feature more horses from across the globe...past and present. :shock:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:51 am
Group 2 winner

I'll be looking forward to your SO5 name file exxplozion, thank you

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 am
Handicapper

bosra sham wrote:

Basically at those prices you could have backed both horses to guarantee a profit!!!!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]