View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Tips for a good National Hunt game 
Selling plater

Post Tips for a good National Hunt game
I am a massive NH fan but cant seem to do well in any game. I have done well in several flat games but I really want a good jumps game or even a combined game. Does anyone have and tips?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Send some really good but not great flat horses who are average or better at jumping to your NH game, they should flatten most of the NH horses in a NH game.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:48 am
Selling plater

I to have the same problem,but dont know how to send my flat horses to my jumping game. Could you in the simplest terms possible Supercat explain how, many thanks

Fri May 06, 2011 5:03 pm
Group 1 winner

There is a box on the bottom RHS of the screen which has options for retiring to stud or from game. There is another option which says 'retire to game pool' click on this and at the end of the season your horse will be retired to the pool.

In your NH screen click on the 'transfers' button (top LHS of the screen in the list where 'training' and 'finances' are) and you will be taken to the transfer pool. Click on a horse and press transfer (I think this costs £20,000). I'm not sure if there is an exit button yet but when you are finished press 'Esc' on your keyboard, then save your game.

I have a particular line in my flat game who will win loads of G1's at 3 but not really train on at 4, they're all average or better at jumping so they go jumping and are unbeatable for a few seasons in the NH. Then you at least have a good base to start breeding on the NH side of the game. Generally the game horses you get to breed with are quite poor (something which needs looking at) but you can make a bit more of a realistic stud with flat stayers providing your basis for good NH horses.

Hope this helps.

Wed May 11, 2011 3:29 pm
Group 1 winner

transfer over your good flat horses that will give you a good head start as top class flat horses always do well in jumps game

Wed May 11, 2011 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

When I transfer a horse i am immediately exited form so4. am i doin something wrong?

Wed May 11, 2011 4:03 pm
Selling plater

many thanks for help Supercat, roll on end of flat season and send some to give my jumping game a lift. :D

Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 pm
Group 1 winner

When I transfer a horse i am immediately exited form so4. am i doin something wrong?

Sounds like some kind of problem with your game. I would email Mark for SO technical support found on the SO website. If you keep transferring and SO crashes then stop doing it for now until you find or are given a fix otherwise all the horses you transfer without saving will be lost.

Or post a similar thread on the tech support page.

Thu May 12, 2011 3:51 pm
Selling plater

Thu May 12, 2011 4:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Thu May 12, 2011 8:34 pm
Selling plater

Great, transferred horses from flat game to my jumping game successfully many thanks supercat, lets see how we do now thanks again :D

Sat May 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Selling plater

Q? Why can a horse not run in NHF races if they have run at 3 in flat races?
Even if I transfer a horse say a 3 yr old from a flat game to jumps- it is now 4 in the new game but is not allowed to run in the NHF races cos it has flat form?

Now my tip when you near the end of your season save your game. If you have any horses that have run well that season retire to game pool then run to end of season (do not save). once they are retired press the window key to take you to the desktop but keeps the game in tab. selct the so4 icon open your jumps game and tranfer the horses into your jumps game then save it. close game then open task manager and end task on the flat game so it is off unsaved.

Now you can race your horse both in the flat game and the jumps game lol.

Not sure if people do this just thjought it was better doing this than losing from 1 game to run in another

Tue May 17, 2011 10:31 am
Group 1 winner

ya have done that with my flat 2y0 just retired them to G.P. b4 end
season then ctrl alt dlt end task they are still in my flat game and i can
also transfer them into jumps game

good tip i'd say alot of people didn't no you could do that

Tue May 17, 2011 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Q? Why can a horse not run in NHF races if they have run at 3 in flat races?
Even if I transfer a horse say a 3 yr old from a flat game to jumps- it is now 4 in the new game but is not allowed to run in the NHF races cos it has flat form?

No, any horse irrespective of its age cannot run in NHF races if it has previous flat form. Same for real racing too.

Fri May 20, 2011 2:38 pm
Selling plater

Thankyou Supercat. I figures that was the case just wasnt aware that it was a rule. I think I will run my flat horses til six then retire them to my jumping game as hurdlers and chasers and also retire them to breeding in my flat game. I was gonna try and do NHF games but that clearly wont work lol

Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]