View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Is this a horse that could go well in the league? 
Selling plater

Post Is this a horse that could go well in the league?
Hi guys this is my first post

I have a 5 year old mare who just won the Dubai World Cup on standard ground in 2.03.95 and won last seasons coral eclipse on g/f ground in 2.04.28. In both of these races I depolyed a multiple group one winning miler as a pacemaker. What I'm wondering is how does this compare to 1m2f horses that others own?

If I do give her a go in the league how to I enter her/when does it start again? I have only now exported her but she's in peak condition and good to go!!

Mon May 02, 2011 2:32 pm
Group 1 winner

The best thing to do is export your 5yo mare and test it in the construction kit.

Select the following in the ck and trial her:

1. Use UK loacatity
2. Select Dubai
3. Choose 2000m and dirt track
4. Choose 4yo+, G1 and don't wory about the money.
5. Trial her with some type of pacemaker and note her time.
6. If you consistently get a time of 2.6.0 to 2.6.50 or slightly worse you have a G1 cappable horse for the league. But if not she could still win a handicap as that evens things out.

Hope this helps and don't be too disapointed if the times are not that good as it takes time to adjust to league standards. I was hopless when I first started.

One more thing you need to do. Find out at what racing preference she races best at.

Cheers.

Tue May 03, 2011 10:25 am
Selling plater

cheers pal, looks like im a couple of seconds out sadly! she won 30 group 1s as well. still i'll put her in the barn and see what she can produce. i have a few decent milers as well ( i think) do you have any idea what sort of time quality league milers do in the CK?

thanks again mate

Tue May 03, 2011 1:01 pm
Group 1 winner

You will definitely win a handicap with that horse if you place it to good effect (don't aim too high to start with) take the maiden to handicaps route instead of going into group racing.

Handicap mark of around 80 will be fine.

Personally I would target the John Smiths Cup at York

Good luck with it.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes as Steve said handicap route is the way to go for new trainers.

Tue May 03, 2011 3:04 pm
Group 1 winner

cheers pal, looks like im a couple of seconds out sadly! she won 30 group 1s as well. still i'll put her in the barn and see what she can produce. i have a few decent milers as well ( i think) do you have any idea what sort of time quality league milers do in the CK?

thanks again mate

Once again if the times of your horses are a little slower it can still win a handicap so don't be discouraged.

For G1 milers in the league I would be looking for times in the range of 1.39.00 to 1.39.50s with the following conditions:

1. Locality UK
2. Track Ascot
3. Going Good
4. Select 3yo+
5. Select 1600m
6. Select G1 and don't wory about the money.

If the times are a bit outside of the range it might pickup a G2 or G3 but your best chance is a handicap. Even G1 winning horses in the league become ordinary due to the handicap conditions so you have a good chance there.

Cheers

Tue May 03, 2011 3:15 pm
Selling plater

sweet well i'm ready to get involved, but I'm right in thinking there isn't a league running at present?

Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm
Handicapper

Are the times in the race builder massively different to the race times?

Never entered in the league but thinking of giving it a go and i have a 1m2f colt and 1m4f colt. Both multi group 1 winners. The 1m2f horse won the champion stakes on soft ground in a time of 2:7:5. When i ran him in the ck he was clocking times of 2:11 with a pacemaker. Will this horse be good enough for any races in the league or am i going to have to try harder? I did have a top filly who won every race bar 1 but ive just retired her so bit gutted i didnt export her.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Every horse has a chance because of hadicapping. This is important to consider!! There are more handicap races than G1 races so you are well in the hunt.

But if you want to be competative in G1 races you need better times.

Just go over some of the times that were achived last season to get a feel of what times you need to be competative.

Also the league hasn't started yet so look out for the posts in the online section to find out news.

Cheers

Wed May 04, 2011 12:42 am
Selling plater

I did the CK trials using the criteria set and don't have a miler quicker than 1.41 but have my best ever horse over 1.2m @ Dubai (has won 14 consecutive G1's and holds a few track records and am in about season 29) constantly clocking around 2.05 :D

How good would my stable star be at the league level?

Also, what would be the standards for 1m4f & 2m roughly as have had a few v good ones at those inc 3 x Melbourne Cup winner?

Cannot get or breed decent sprinters for love nor money but 1m2f + usually win the big races

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]