View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Definitive answer please? 
Handicapper

Post Definitive answer please?
Purely from a breeding point of view it doesn't matter what a horse achieves in Racing. Their progeny's ability will not be affected by it.

My question is....

Is this the same for the game itself?

For instance, does a horses rating or number of big races wins affect its ability to produce better offspring at stud in the game?

Thanks.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:36 pm
Handicapper

For instance, does a horses rating or number of big races wins affect its ability to produce better offspring at stud in the game?

No

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:36 pm
Selling plater

Personally speaking i think thats pretty much all i did when i started up and was new to the game.

Group races and then horse's rating in that order.

However since i've started looking at times a lot more the quality of my home breds has increased an awful lot i think.

When i begin a game i'm only interested in 5-6 furlong horses who can run a fast time....58 for a 5 and 1.10 for a 6. If i can aqquire a stallion and mare who can do this regardless of rating and group wins then i'll try and get the rating of each horse over 100 by running in conditions races and retire them to stud.

Through breeding and aqquisition i'll work my way up through the distances.

At the moment i'm using speed/group wins/rating to determine how good a horse is with some really good results.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:43 pm
Handicapper

I believe when a horse is born, its breeding attributes and variables have already been established, so regardless of what the horse does on the track it wont make any difference.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:57 pm
Handicapper

Personally speaking i think thats pretty much all i did when i started up and was new to the game.

However since i've started looking at times a lot more the quality of my home breds has increased an awful lot i think.

When i begin a game i'm only interested in 5-6 furlong horses who can run a fast time....58 for a 5 and 1.10 for a 6. If i can aqquire a stallion and mare who can do this regardless of rating and group wins then i'll try and get the rating of each horse over 100 by running in conditions races and retire them to stud.

At the moment i'm using speed/group wins/rating to determine how good a horse is with some really good results.

But why bother getting the horses rating up before retiring it?

It has no relevance.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:50 pm
Handicapper

I've left one of my best bred fillies and colts unraced for about 8 years to act as hacks for my 2 year olds, sent them to stud unraced and are producing well.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:56 pm
Selling plater

SWeeP wrote:

But why bother getting the horses rating up before retiring it?

It has no relevance.

Just personal preference really.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:13 pm
Handicapper

Its the simple fact that sometimes you can breed 2 outstanding horses and get an outstanding offspring, and then the same cross can give you a hack.

The thing to look into is a consistant mare who has raced well, might not have the highest rating but was well placed in all of her starts. possibly has a group 2 or 3 win or 2.

With the stallion to match her, look for a dominant stallion a group 1 winner on multiple occassions, a saddlers wells type stallion, or even something like a consistant group 2 stallion that had plenty of potential.

What I try to achieve is have 4 game stallions in my breeding barn and 2 game mares, and then hopefully I product a home bred mare or 2 and then start the cross bredding amoungst the other stallions.

Everyone has their own theorys and styles, but I suggest if you need some help, read like the real life breeding news from across the world to get ideas on how to produce your progeny.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]