View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Importing stallions/mares from saved game to new game? 
Selling plater

Post Importing stallions/mares from saved game to new game?
Hi everyone i am new to this forum,so i would first like to say hello.
I have been playing SO4 for about 20 months now.I had built up a masive stable and breeding empire in my original saved game.I decided to start a new game in a different box,while retaining original saved game.As everyone will know the 1st few seasons you lucky to get 2 half decent horses.I just wondered if it is possible to import or transfer great stallions and mares from 1 saved game to another for breeding purposes?I would be greatful for any advice on this matter.Thank you,regards Raymond
:[/size]

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Importing stallions/mares from saved game to new game?
Instead of Retire to Stud button, there is one below that called (Retire to game pool).

After the end of the season, the horse will leave you stable and then be placed in the transfer pool. It will age 1 year.

You can then start a new game and click on Transfer button and Import it back. You can only import 6 horses per year

Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 am
Group 1 winner

you cant export horses from your breeding barn but yes you can tranfer horses between games
alot of lge trainers do this to mix there breeding lines and its a good way to fast track your breeding
eg i have 100 horses in my main game it takes several hours to play a season but if i transfer 6 into a new game
i can speed through several seasons and get new breeding lines quick and then transfer them back to m main game

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

You can, but only when they're still racing. Once they're retired you can't move them, but you could transfer the offspring into a new game and start with that.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for the advice guys.In my original saved game i am on season 12 in late Setember,so will carry on until end of that season and follow your instructions.As i am in season 2 of new game,will this process still work,or will i have to start a new game to get the imported horses?Going slightly of topic the one thing this wonderful game lacks is for super stallions to make money from other owners when they send mares to be covered,but thats me being picky lol.Again thanks for advice
regards
Raymond

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]