View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Lost enthusiasm 
Group 3 winner

Post Lost enthusiasm
Was wondering if anyone has lost their enthusiasm for SO4 now that SO5 is just around the corner? I know I have. Was playing a few days earlier this evening and a really good filly came up in the end of day auction, then i thought, 'why bother, you wont be playing this version long enough now to see any of her offspring' and with that all enthusiasm evaporated. I have a good game running, can't remember how many years into it, but several reasonable bloodlines going, and two or three really good 2 year old thrown up each season. One of my three year old colts just did the Epsom and Irish Derby double, so all is good really. Except, I know SO5 is going to be here, and as saved games can't swap across, the game has now gone flat. Excuse my ramblings, just thought I'd share them.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Lost enthusiasm
To be honest I feel exactly the same before the league begins, and now even more with the anticipation of SO5, I've had every game since SO2 and find that I spend a month or so getting to grips with it, then a few months hardcore playtime when my exports begin to total about 200/300 and the league begins to start up, I stop playing completely and just trial all the time, I might boot the game up again but it will either be focused on looking for that star rather than playing the game for enjoyment like I do at the beginning or take the reins and play it from a different dimension but then that gets quite tedious! I think it's just natural, When Fifa 12 was about a month or two away I stopped playing Fifa 11, same goes for the Call Of Duty series, when a new phone model comes up on my contract I get fed up with the apps I have, It's just natural IMO!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 pm
Group 1 winner

SO4 was deleted from my laptop as soon as last league race was run. Hurry hurry SO5

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:26 am
Group 1 winner

Would be great if you could just transfer across horses from one SO game to another, I know Mark said that he his looking into this for future versions when I asked him about this.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]