View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Question about Gallops 
Selling plater

Post Question about Gallops
I'm a relative Noob when it comes to Horse Racing but know and understand the basics, and i'm enjoying some relative success in my game at the minute. I've had a Cheltenham gold cup winner no less.

I was wondering though do i need to send my horses out to gallop every day, i've noticed i have to select EVERY horse ( blue dot ) and a gallop leader and the distance and either flat/hurdles/fences for the gallop. After each day this all resets and if i want them to gallop i have to select EVERY horse again ad so on and so on.

1. Do they need to go out to gallop every day ?
2. Do i really need to click each and every horse and select a leader every day ?
3. What are the benefits of the gallops ?

I also have simple training game selected so all my horses are ''ready to go'' if that makes any difference

thanks for any help fellas
Ste

Tue May 15, 2012 9:54 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Question about Gallops
Hi :) I am relatively new myself but I will give you my few pences worth.

SteLomas wrote:
1. Do they need to go out to gallop every day ?

Start of the season I tend to group up my horses into seperate groups of similar distances (i.e 5f-6f run together, 7f-1m etc..) and they run together at light intensity(blue) just to brush of the cobwebs which helps to get them ready for their first race of the season.

I tend to only perform further blue or amber gallops if I rest a horse over 30 days in between races. I have never had trouble with a horse's sharpness if I have not galloped it within 30 days of a race. In real life it is highly advised that horses have at least 10 days rest in between racing otherwise they have a very high leg injury rate due to deteriation and it appears to apply in game as well as over training has injured some of my horses, in fact ended one horses career :(

SteLomas wrote:
2. Do i really need to click each and every horse and select a leader every day ?

Unfortuantely yes, but don't run all the horses together if they all have different distances as I find this increases injury rate on some horses, especially the poor 5f-6f trying to run 1m+ and same goes for 2m+ trying to keep up with 5f-6f pacemaker

SteLomas wrote:
3. What are the benefits of the gallops ?

Removing cobwebs of horses and getting a horse sharp before race day. Also good training on a horse with high learning on the training adaption skill can see horses stats increase (especially in young horses 2-3 yr old). The stats you notice this on most are speed/stamina/acceleration Jump and Starting.

I am not sure whether you need to peform gallops to get a horse fresh for race day with the Simple training mode, but I would imagine you would have to manually train a horse to achieve full potential with increasing a horses stats.

I hope I helped some and enjoy the game :)

Tue May 15, 2012 10:16 pm
Selling plater

thanks for your reply mate , i dont have an intensity option, i just click the blue button and it lights up , if i click it again it goes off, theres no amber or red or whatever it changes too.

i forgot to look at the more detailed training part of each horse regarding their learning ability, wish i'd seen that earlier now i could've improved my best horses further.

Still, i'll take on board your help. Thanks.

i will have more questions later ... i'll be back :-)

Tue May 15, 2012 10:40 pm
Selling plater

also when my horses get inured the newsreel says i have the option of paying for a vets diagnosis from an option at the top of the screen , but , i 've moved my pointer over every single inch of the screen and nowhere is a VET option available. Puzzled.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 pm
Selling plater

back to the gallops question, how often should i gallop the horses , currently doing it about once a week , unless a horse has a race coming up then they get a week off before the race date.

Any other tips on this

Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 pm
Selling plater

SteLomas wrote:
also when my horses get inured the newsreel says i have the option of paying for a vets diagnosis from an option at the top of the screen , but , i 've moved my pointer over every single inch of the screen and nowhere is a VET option available. Puzzled.

When a horse gets injured you will see a little red square in the

corner of the horses picture. The vets button is above your stable

name. You must have the quarantine add on. If you want to send

the horse out to grass you must have the field add on. Hope this helps.

Wed May 16, 2012 2:14 am
Group 1 winner

from my experience gallops make no difference at all i only use them at start of season to see who best 2yo is
and with new stats hardly need to do that

it does not stop a 2yo running green

the gallops are there just to give you an idea what you have

Wed May 16, 2012 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
from my experience gallops make no difference at all i only use them at start of season to see who best 2yo is
and with new stats hardly need to do that

it does not stop a 2yo running green

the gallops are there just to give you an idea what you have

This. I like to get all of my horses out for one run right at the start of the season, but I can honestly say I havent noticed any difference whatsoever in their performance.

Wed May 16, 2012 9:18 am
Group 1 winner

SteLomas wrote:
thanks for your reply mate , i dont have an intensity option, i just click the blue button and it lights up , if i click it again it goes off, theres no amber or red or whatever it changes too.

i forgot to look at the more detailed training part of each horse regarding their learning ability, wish i'd seen that earlier now i could've improved my best horses further.

Still, i'll take on board your help. Thanks.

i will have more questions later ... i'll be back :-)

If you're on simple training you won't have the intensity option, all your horses will be ready to race. If you gallop them often I would imagine you are only wearing them out meaning they won't perform as well during the season. Like others have said I hardly use this and only really bother for 2yo's at the start of the season or if I have more than one for the same race (usually 3yo Guineas and Derby types) so I can find out who is the best without losing 3 or 4 unbeaten records.

Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 am
Handicapper

SteLomas wrote:
back to the gallops question, how often should i gallop the horses , currently doing it about once a week , unless a horse has a race coming up then they get a week off before the race date.

I tend to only perform gallops if a horse hasn't ran for over 30 days in between races, or if I want to check if a horse looks suitable to run further or a lesser distance to his average which is quoted.

I have noticed a decrease in my horses performances if they haven't galloped within that period and I have seen my horse(s) under perform in the next race when they haven't had a workout. Some people say it doesn't make a difference if you gallop or not, I however seem to notice a difference, may be i am being to analytic but it's my nature, however everyone has their views and ways of running a stable which is great to see ;)

Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am
Selling plater

Thanks for all your help guys, i'll take care not to wear them out , maybe just gallop my 2 yr olds once every 2 month and all of them at season start. See how that goes,

Wed May 16, 2012 6:08 pm
Selling plater

Fellas , when a jockey reports '' horse ran a little freely '' what does that mean exactly and is it a good trait or bad ?

If bad, what do you do to counteract it ?

Wed May 16, 2012 6:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I race my 2 yo's in the gallops but the one that wins the gallop race doesn't mean that it is going to be the best on the track, this as happenend to me several times, where a horse that finishes 3rd or worse is better than the 1st and 2nd come race day.

Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]