View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Open day(O.M) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Open day(O.M)
Bill Seiko wrote:
It does take patience but in NH mode I got 73 horses in season 3 and getting offered more horses than I can cope with. Not winning Trainers championship but doing like most real trainers would do and keeping the ball rolling. I have won a few group races but that is when the trouble starts as I lose them to worse trainers than myslef which does not make sense. Wish that side could be sorted out as it would not happen for real.
Also like your idea of breeding and seeling to owners.

Bill

You are a patient man Bill
it is very realistic most trainers start off the way i did
my only problem was i went from being a huge global breeding operation having several yearly superstars wining most of the g1s i entered
to going back right to the start working with sub standard horses finding it difficult to get motivated by winning a claiming race

i can imagine that its like a premiership manager that has a top class squad but ends up getting sacked
and is only offered a job in non lge football must be a tough fall

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Never tried breeding for league so we play differently, never got past season 5 in any save. I like to take it slow and just remember how many lower rated stables there are in real life so Owners mode makes it more realistic for me. That is what is great about SO5, we can all play anyway we like. I hate the betting side but realise you need it to get a decent start in the game so after first day or 2 of save I never bet.

Bill

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:28 pm
Group 1 winner

i am the same i never bet in the game apart from the start

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
OK played Owners mode for about 5 hours in total and have worked out its defiantly not for me

On behalf of all the lesser trainers in the league I say don't give up on owner mode, PJ. Finding subs for the league can wait. I'm begging ya. Please don't give up on owner mode!!!! :shock:

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 am
Handicapper

Hey guys i see your all struggling at owners mode so i though i'd show you how i am going on at the moment:

The top one is the trainers championship obviously and the 2nd my horses at the moment what i have found is the easiest way to increase your chances of getting a decent horse is to find your best horse you start with then run it in a lower grade handicap or plot it for a handicap and then bet heavily on it and the get all your add ons for the stable. This then increases your stars on your trainer page, see this on the yard button and means that when you hold an open day you are more likely to get a good batch of horses.

Then in terms of running them which PJ said his horses had nil chance of winning the trick is to run them preferred going all the time and in the races with the least runners. Though this means soft ground horses rarely run compared to firm ground horse look at the difference between Whatucallhim and Tokai above it means that when they run you are more likely for them to perform to their standered and above e.g. Biddy on the table above has won the Epsom Dash on Hard ground and finished placed in a Group race despite the horse having only a half at most in the ability bar.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 am
Selling plater

I've never started a owners game and now you've tempted me too as I never knew they had the proper owners??? Looks pretty cool and means you have to be more disciplined!

Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2