View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 A few questions 
Selling plater

Post A few questions
Hello everyone,
have been playing Starters Order 4 on my Ipad for a while and already have figured out the most of it on my own :) After playing it for a while i finally have a horse that seems to win every Allowance Race within the right distance.
But what are the differents between the races and how do I really know when to put them a class higher or not? Because where this hose win in every allowance race, he doesn't win in a grade 3/2 or 1 race (This horse is a horse I have bred in the breeding program, I'm pretty proud of him that he is doing such a good job in the allowance races).

I've already figured out that maiden races are for the 2 years old. Selling and Claiming are easy to figure out as well. But what are the meanings of the Handicap races, Allowance races, Conditions, Groups, Juv/Novice, NHF and feature races?

What I also don't understand, what do they mean by a grade 1/2 or 3 winner? Which we can read by the Breeding indicator. That's also something I haven't figured out yet.

Already am sorry for any misunderstandings or major grammar mistakes, please note that English isn't my native language :)

Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: A few questions
Hi There Welcome to the forum

grade 1 or as we know it as in europe group 1 is the highest rank of race
so the higher rank the better in the breeding indicator try and go for by a g1 winner
grade/group 2 grade/group 3 are the next level down

juvenile: are races for 3yo hurdlers that turn 4 after 1st of january the biggest race they can go for is the JCB Triumph Hurdle at cheltenham
NHF: known as a bumper is a 2 mile flat race use for national hunt bred horses its a starting point of their jumps career flat bred horses can not enter
novice: these are races for first year hurdlers or chasers
condition/allowance/listed are basically the same thing the level above handicap and below the group/graded races

Flat Horse Levels
maiden
handicap
condition
listed
g3
g2
g1

jumps horse levels
Maiden hurdle/chase - NH flat race - novice - juvenile
handicap
major handicap
condition
listed
g3
g2
g1

there are many championship races for novices and juveniles
there is a few championship NHFlat races

Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

NHF is for horses who have never run in a flat race, so you can run a flat bred horse in a NHF race. They are also over multiple distances in the game so not just 2m.

Handicaps are for different levels of horses, they carry different weights according to their rating. This is to try to give each one an equal chance. To enter your horse must be rated lower than the handicap band stated for the race so for a 0-80 handicap your horse must be rated <80 to enter. The top weight on the flat is 10st and over jumps is 12st.

There are also major handicaps to aim for on the flat like the Chester Cup, Northumberland Plate, Ebor, Melbourne Cup, November Handicap over varying distances. You sound like you're playing the US game, we don't have allowance races over here we have conditions races. But the US does still have top handicaps and graded handicaps which can be easier to win than graded races off level weights.

Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 am
Group 1 winner

Maiden Races are not just for 2yo you can get different aged maiden races you get a lot of 2yo Maiden races at the beginning of the season in the UK game but you can also get 3yo and 4yo maiden races on the flat and 4+ maiden races over the jumps. Maiden races are for horse's that have never won a race.

Handicap Races are for any horse That as a rating horse's that have run in a race previously if I have a horse say (CIGAR rated 83 ) I can enter him in any handicap that is over 0-80 handicap Bracket like a 0-90 handicap as he is rated under 90 but cant not enter any handicap under is rating the higher the rating of your horse is the better class it is.

Conditions Races. Are set to a certain condition like a race is set to any horse that has not won anymore than one race (this means only horses that have never won more than one race can run in this race) sometimes it may be a different condition like to horses that have never won more than three races, etc etc.

Group races. This is the top band for any horse group races are the best races and all trainers aim to win group races if you get a Multiple GROUP 1 WINNER then that is the horse you use in your Breeding program.

Juvenile Juvenile's are 2yo's on the Flat and 3yo and later in the jump season 4yo's horse's the babies of the racing world only 2yo's on the flat can run in Juvenile races and only 3yo and 4yo's can run in them over the Jumps.

Novice A novice can be any age on the jumps game for one season only you can run a 4yo+ horse in Novice hurdles for one entire season then it can no longer be classed as a novice as a novice means it's new to this code of racing. Novice chase is the same thing you can send a horse novice chasing for one season only a its new to this code of jump racing.

NHF National Hunt Flat Race is a race designed for horse's that have never run on the flat or over jumps its a flat race for newcomers to the jumps game when you breed horse's in your jumps game they should all start racing in the NHF races as 3yo and 4yo's at the beginning of the horse's career before going into Juvenile or Novice Hurdle races.

Feature Races. are the main races at that Meeting on the day of the races like Group1 or Listed or any decent Handicap will all be shown as feature races and the races your horse's should be trying to win.

Grade 1/2/3 winner this means your horse was sired by a group 1 Group 2 and Group 3 winner when you bred your own horses you can check this by clicking on the L = Lineage that appears on your new horse in the bottom right hand of he horse's photo.

Wed May 08, 2013 11:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Alternatively, just read the manual or follow horse racing a little?

Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 pm
Handicapper

That last reply is not very helpful and certainly not welcoming to someone who I think is a new member

Bill

Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 am
Selling plater

Thank you all for the helpful tips/explainations! This is going to help me a lot better with choosing the right races for the horses :)
Through this I already got three group 3 winners and one group 2 winner.

And you're right Bill, I'm indeed a new member on the forum and to the game :)

Thu May 09, 2013 11:00 am
Selling plater

Off-Topic but can someone tell me how to take a screenshot, in-game? When I use the 'prtsc' button it just takes a printscreen of what I have open behind the game.

I've had a search but couldn't find anything.

EDIT: Doesn't matter now, printscreen in windowed mode...

Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm
Selling plater

After playing SO4 on the Ipad for a while, I finally purchased SO5 for on the pc about two weeks ago:) Still love it:)

Yet, now there is one question left. How do you see on the horse detailed status in SO5, if it is any good? On which things do you really need to look at after you have bought it?

Tue May 21, 2013 10:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Luna wrote:
After playing SO4 on the Ipad for a while, I finally purchased SO5 for on the pc about two weeks ago:) Still love it:)

Yet, now there is one question left. How do you see on the horse detailed status in SO5, if it is any good? On which things do you really need to look at after you have bought it?

i look mainly at the potential bar

Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thank you for the tip pjrohdes :)

Fri May 24, 2013 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]