View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 iPad Starters Orders 4 issues. Post here. 
Site Admin

Post iPad Starters Orders 4 issues. Post here.
In order to avoid confusion between platforms please post any iPad SO4 issues here.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:44 am
Site Admin

* (Jumps) Fallen horses and jockeys minor display issue.
* There a a couple of replay icons left in. These do not work (as there are no replays).
* (Flat) Breeding - retire horse to stud may not work.
* Breeding Crash. There is a breeding crash that usually happens once the player has successfully bred horses. A fix is being worked on. To avoid the crash please don't breed until the update is out! ;)

Last edited by Mark on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 am
Selling plater

Post Loading save game issues
Having a problem loading my save game on the flat version. 4 times its not worked and i've had to start again. Not sure if its Breeding barn related as it has only happened I think when i've added the barn. Not certain though. Great version otherwise though.

Cheers

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Selling plater

Same problem here. Cannot load saved game on iPad. Keep having to start over.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:03 pm
Site Admin

A couple of people have reported loading problems. Both of these reports relate to games that involve breeding.

Please post full details of any issues as it helps me replicate the problem. Post the details of the game that caused the crash including if any breeding and the season number of the crash or day no etc.

I am going to look into this over the next week. The patching process (via iTunes) is slow as apple have to review every update and this review process can take up to a month (but a week or two seems the norm). So there should be a fix within three or four weeks.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:33 pm
Selling plater

Game would not reload saved game once I have upgraded to breeding. When restarting it just says please wait loading..... That remains there and the game freezes on that screen. This happens regardless of the season number. Thanks for your prompt reply to this issue.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:03 am
Site Admin

I can confirm there is a breeding crash bug and it happens after the end of the season that you start breeding your horses. A solution is being worked on so until then avoid stud activities!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:48 pm
Site Admin

The problem has been fixed. After testing it will be uploaded to Apple sometime this week so it is likely to available on iTunes within two or three weeks.

It may well be possible to continue any game you may have started that does not load with the new update rather than starting afresh.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for your swift action in this matter.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:32 am
Group 1 winner

How come the jockey names are all incorrect unlike the pc version?!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:06 am
Group 1 winner

I am a big fan of the PC version and am just getting into my first jumps game on ipad . on PC i play for the league so its nice and challenging trying to build up a stable on the hard difficulty.

One thing I have noticed is sometimes the game says i have put a win accy on at a meeting when i havnt. both times it happened it has taken 2k off me for the bet which i have never placed. Not really happy with it when on hard difficulty you need every penny you can get!!

is this happening to anyone else?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:57 pm
Group 1 winner

just started a new season and ive had 20k taken off me - what for???

and again - keep getting 20k taken of my balance.

another thing i notice is that i buy game horses and once they are at my stable their form is way below its previous. bought one horse was 1st and 2nd in two top novice chases, for me it couldnt win a class 4 novice chase!!! also just bought a mare who was 2nd in a number of listed hurdles and won some top handicaps. her form for me is 000FP00

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark please can you help me with the issues im having or at least acknowledge them??

6.49 is expensive for an ipad app, i got need for speed 2 and fifa for 59p!!!!!!! 0 problems with those games, many a problem with yours.

as im sure u know, the hard difficulty is very tough with low cash to build a stable. yet on the last day of every season i have 20k worth of bets that i havnt placed on horses that arnt even running. every year for 20 seasons!!!!!i have no money to build a stable its a joke.

other issue is all hold up horses racing in stone last until 2 or 3f left and then absolutley flying to finish 6th-8th sometimes a little higher. 3 years in a row ive had a horse be last in the grand national with 4f to run and finish 5th its stupid - says the horse was outpaced ha!

other little issues i knew wud be an issue, like some icons being too small for fingers and therefore being tough to navigate. but those main issues have completley ruined the game for me and no support is being provided!!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:02 am
Group 1 winner

Ryan l deleted your post on as there was no need to post it twice. Mark aint on here everyday mate so wont give you an answer within a few hours it might take a day or two

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

fair enough - just want to know if its a common problem or if i need to start a new game. u dont understand how killer it is on hard difficulty having 20k taken away at the end of the year. i need the money to buy horses, breeding fees, improve stable with training stuff.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next