View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 iPad Starters Orders 4 issues. Post here. 
Site Admin

Regarding hold up tactics there should be no difference to SO4 as little in this area has changed.

The bets that are being deducted: Are these a repeat of bets you placed at some point? If so can you recall the game date?

I also cannot see why buying a horse would reduce it's form as this is so4 code.

These comments have been logged. There will be an update but ios updating is a much longer process than the PC and cannot be done too often. Also there are a lot of pressing jobs at the moment so I cannot specify when it will be done.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Group 1 winner

no Mark mate - they are bet accys and ew accys ive never placed before. 9th may (last day) every season on horses who arent racing. loses me about 18k every season to be precise.

loving the game in general on ipad, keeps it 'real' not playing for the league - i would like to see a better schedule though for the NHC version. Is there any way you can update it with a schedule one of the lads has posted on the mods forum e.g. panthers

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Hahah just got stable going and found first quality horse won every race 2m5f rated 180 - game crashed ten seasons lost!!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 am
Group 1 winner

Mark the crashing of this game is quite unreal. My brother has the flat game and between us we had 10 crashes within 4 hours last night.

I love so4 for the pc and have played it loads and am a trainer in the online league but i have to be honest here, I think the ipad version is almost unplayable.

I have too many crashes every day to continue on with a game and am going to remove the game from my ipad. I am aware that refunds are highly unlikely but i hope future versions for others show huge improvment.

Other things you need to look at apart from crashing (for jumps) are the schedule which is very weak in terms of depth and balance. Secondly, I have many horses who are 2milers (For example) and run a nice race over that distance. then next time out they are detached last from the start and fly at the end and when u click on the horse after the race they all of a sudden have the stats bars of a 4miler with full stamina bar and no speed but still a 2mile horse. very strange.

Anyway mark ive had problem after problem so im gunna delete app and stick to pc version.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:55 am
Site Admin

One crash bug has been found as in on the list to be fixed. When it will be done and appear on the app store I can't say. Also it's not possible to say if your crashes are related to this bug or not (on thing you can do is close other apps down as memory can be a big issue on ios devices).

If you delete the app from your device obviously you will not get an update notification.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: iPad Starters Orders 4 issues. Post here.
Found a couple of bugs:

1. I'm not sure when this happened, but the form summary of the horses in my game doesn't go back 2 years anymore. I'm currently in July 2025, but each horse's race history only goes back to about October 2024. The career feature wins are unaffected. It was definitely showing the full two years before the current season.

2. The trainer/jockey history doesn't properly show the annual summary for previous seasons past 2020. The lines are there for the missing years, but they're blank (e.g. in 2025, there are five blank lines above 2020 in the previous seasons box).

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 pm
Selling plater

Founds the place.

When I enter more than one horse in a race, I am unable to set the orders for the younger of the 2 horses. The 'scroll' appears doesn't scroll.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 pm
Handicapper

Ryno wrote:
Founds the place.

When I enter more than one horse in a race, I am unable to set the orders for the younger of the 2 horses. The 'scroll' appears doesn't scroll.

from memory, as I haven't played for a while (awaiting the messiah, or SO5 whichever you prefer it called) where the horse is named on the jockey orders bit there are 2 little sort of up and down arrows with a little box between them, you put the cursor in there and then scroll, or something like that.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm
Handicapper

Just playing the jumps game on iPad went to declarations it showed 1 horse entered for the Betfair chase so entered mine thinking when the race came round there would be more.
However it came and there were only 2runners for the race this can't be right surely.
Any ideas fellas

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:54 pm
Selling plater

I hope this is the right topic to post it. Discovered this game on the ipad a few weeks ago and love it, now there is something that i have noticed.
When i play a season for an amount of time (not sure after how long) there appears a small red picture in the very right corner, at the top of the ipad, with a little cloud in it and saying: stable virus.
This pictures only appears on the page that appears right after you click on continue game. The game still works fine, but i guess that that picture doesn't belong there? And as far as i know, i don't have a virus on my ipad or i would have noticed that. It is only on that page, not on any other one, but it still is weird.
Not sure if i am the only one with that picture.

When i start a new game in starter orders the picture disappears for a little while, only to come back later after playing for a while.

Sorry for any major grammar mistakes, or things you might not understand, English is my second language, not my native language:)

Just thought to let you know:)

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Luna wrote:
I hope this is the right topic to post it. Discovered this game on the ipad a few weeks ago and love it, now there is something that i have noticed.
When i play a season for an amount of time (not sure after how long) there appears a small red picture in the very right corner, at the top of the ipad, with a little cloud in it and saying: stable virus.
This pictures only appears on the page that appears right after you click on continue game. The game still works fine, but i guess that that picture doesn't belong there? And as far as i know, i don't have a virus on my ipad or i would have noticed that. It is only on that page, not on any other one, but it still is weird.
Not sure if i am the only one with that picture.

When i start a new game in starter orders the picture disappears for a little while, only to come back later after playing for a while.

Sorry for any major grammar mistakes, or things you might not understand, English is my second language, not my native language:)

Just thought to let you know:)

It just means that you have a stable virus in your game where your horses won't perform at the best of their ability if you run them, so best not to race them until the small red picture disappears usually this can be 2-4 weeks as far as I remember. It is not a virus on your iPad. :D

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 am
Selling plater

Aaaah, now it makes sense :D! Will keep it in mind next time when I see it and not to let my horses race during the time it shows up :)
Thank you for your reply on this exxplozion!

Wed May 01, 2013 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Luna wrote:
Aaaah, now it makes sense :D! Will keep it in mind next time when I see it and not to let my horses race during the time it shows up :)
Thank you for your reply on this exxplozion!

You're welcome mate. :D

Thu May 02, 2013 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2