View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Help with trainer mode 
Selling plater

Post Help with trainer mode
Hey guys new to the game and need help. I started the game where you train and own the horses which was fine so I then tried the mode when you dnt own the horses...now i started with 6 horses and now only have 1 due to the owner moving it to another stable...how do i get more horses searched everywhere to no avail...thanks in advance :)

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:06 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Help with trainer mode
far from an expert on this only tried it for a few days

have loads of open days & i know this is cheating a bit but try and win a race early

ctrl alt del if you dont get good result as you need to attract owners quickly
and results & early wins make a big impression

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

The first thing I do is bet...... Get a nice bit of money behind me, and then build everything. Once that's done, you can invite owners around to your stables. K Abdullah brought all of his 60+ odd to my stables in one hit, and a couple from J Magner. With my first owner, I had a fairly decent horse, and managed to win a Group 1 with that horse, he still pulled it out of my stables. So just keep inviting owners. :)

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:57 pm
Selling plater

Hey thanks for the replies...seems no matter what i do they still take them away 5 wins on bounce and come back to main screen moved stables back down to 1 horse!!...oh well ill keep plugging away :lol:

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:50 pm
Selling plater

so despite winning races and inviting trainers to open days i still only got 2 horses dnt know what more i can do am i doing something wrong?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 am
Handicapper

I bought every upgrade apart frm Breeding barn and got full amout of 100 stables spaces.
Then ok it may be cheating but try to get runners on Open Day, Save game on Open Day and if you get no requests to train horses press CTRL, alt del and keep trying that for a few goes. It does not always work but nothing lost by trying.

Bill

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:11 pm
Selling plater

Has anyone cracked this yet ? _ I thought I would give it a whirl after playing starters orders for years and enjoying 9 season of SO5 normal trainer owns horses mode and I cannot fathom it. Started with 6 horses and the owner has removed the lot after 8 wins (all heavily gambled by me LOL and owners advised to "back it") - so using my gambling wealth I have built a sizeable and good yard. Thought I would be fine and have organized open day after open day after open day and over 2 years later I have no horses and just keep advancing day to day from one open today to the next. Thought I would plug on and eventually it would come, as repeatably pressing advance a day for a season only takes 20 mins !

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:57 pm
Handicapper

I always post this when people ask about the trainer game so here it is again

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7830&start=15

Bottom of the post is my team:

And what i put

"The top one is the trainers championship obviously and the 2nd my horses at the moment what i have found is the easiest way to increase your chances of getting a decent horse is to find your best horse you start with then run it in a lower grade handicap or plot it for a handicap and then bet heavily on it and the get all your add ons for the stable. This then increases your stars on your trainer page, see this on the yard button and means that when you hold an open day you are more likely to get a good batch of horses.

Then in terms of running them which PJ said his horses had nil chance of winning the trick is to run them preferred going all the time and in the races with the least runners. Though this means soft ground horses rarely run compared to firm ground horse look at the difference between Whatucallhim and Tokai above it means that when they run you are more likely for them to perform to their standered and above e.g. Biddy on the table above has won the Epsom Dash on Hard ground and finished placed in a Group race despite the horse having only a half at most in the ability bar"

You really need to be good at finding the races suited to your horses though such as looking at the tracks is it a galloping track for your front runners is there a stiff finish for those who want a bit further.

In terms of getting horses you need to have horses in the yard i find otherwise you really struggle to get any and make sure if possible they are running at a high level on the day of the open day even if they might not win.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Selling plater

Well we have an update ! - I clicked through another season with loads of open days and still no horses. So started again, an owner called Higginson gave me six horses and they were shocking. Now I had a similar strike rate to Steve Gollings here, he had trained Mr Higginson 1 winner from 49, whilst I was 0-23. Then lo and behold I bag an 18/1 winner of a class 2 at Newmarket - Fantastic I can imagine Mr Higginsons smiling face next to the horses name now ! - errrrrr - no the horse is missing from the yard - its gone to Steve Gollings ????? - :lol: Now on paper I have a better strikerate for the owner so whats going on.

So gradually Mr Higginson has took all the horses to a "worse" rated trainer. I won a claimer for him and the horse was sold to a Mr Gilbert who has horses with Brian Meehan and Cecil, both with a un-smiling face ! - Horse stayed in yard and after 2 places (albeit one a beaten favourite) he sends it to Meehan ?? - Despite only having the single horse I am the only one where the owner has a smile, yet he takes it away to one he is unhappy with !

So now I have none, its November - I have open days galore and nobody is interested. The Yard is fantastic and I have about 700000 in cash from betting after improvements, so why can't I buy horses for myself and run them in claimers / sellers to attract owners ? - Or even better enter them in auctions where horse "stays in the yard". Money seems worthless. :?:

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:58 pm
Selling plater

Mardood wrote:
Well we have an update ! - I clicked through another season with loads of open days and still no horses. So started again, an owner called Higginson gave me six horses and they were shocking. Now I had a similar strike rate to Steve Gollings here, he had trained Mr Higginson 1 winner from 49, whilst I was 0-23. Then lo and behold I bag an 18/1 winner of a class 2 at Newmarket - Fantastic I can imagine Mr Higginsons smiling face next to the horses name now ! - errrrrr - no the horse is missing from the yard - its gone to Steve Gollings ????? - :lol: Now on paper I have a better strikerate for the owner so whats going on.

So gradually Mr Higginson has took all the horses to a "worse" rated trainer. I won a claimer for him and the horse was sold to a Mr Gilbert who has horses with Brian Meehan and Cecil, both with a un-smiling face ! - Horse stayed in yard and after 2 places (albeit one a beaten favourite) he sends it to Meehan ?? - Despite only having the single horse I am the only one where the owner has a smile, yet he takes it away to one he is unhappy with !

So now I have none, its November - I have open days galore and nobody is interested. The Yard is fantastic and I have about 700000 in cash from betting after improvements, so why can't I buy horses for myself and run them in claimers / sellers to attract owners ? - Or even better enter them in auctions where horse "stays in the yard". Money seems worthless. :?:

I would suggest the game is a load of crap and in need of a major overhaul !
ARAPHO

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:04 pm
Group 1 winner

ARAPHO wrote:
Mardood wrote:

ARAPHO

ARAPHO this thread is over a year old and for SO5, not SO6 so it isn't really relevant to a lot of people asking questions about it now.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 pm
Selling plater

SuperCat wrote:
ARAPHO wrote:
Mardood wrote:

ARAPHO

ARAPHO this thread is over a year old and for SO5, not SO6 so it isn't really relevant to a lot of people asking questions about it now.

Thanks for heads up SuperCat, did'nt notice the date. Is it any better now?

Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:42 am
Group 1 winner

I honestly don't know. I haven't tried it in the new version.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]