View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 prep races, pool size & realism 
Selling plater

Post prep races, pool size & realism
Before I get properly stuck in to SO6 I would like to know how to get the most realistic simulation.

I would like the AI horses to have realistic campaigns.

Does increasing the pool size mean that there are always 20 runners in the derby etc and that the best horses do not neccesarily get to run because they don't kick out the least rated??

Do prep races need to be added on the schedule editor??

Anybody have any recommended settings etc for a realistic game? For example what schedule you use, what pool size and natspread settings you use, have you added prep races?

Whilst there are some great detailed schedules on here, I am interested in having full English and Irish with major group races from around the world.

And then on the jumps I want the same. I feel I have to run flat and jumps games separately to have more realism.

Appreciate any help guys.

Cheers Ren

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: prep races, pool size & realism
I play the Australian game and what I had to do to make the game strong is, I prepped the races for example the "Derby", every race that is a 3yo 12f for colt add to the race that you want to be strong so your race that your trying to built has all good horses from races that they won or ran a place in. so yes to my knowledge it makes the schedule strong and more competative

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:22 pm
Selling plater

I have just finished editing simpleminds schedule, I am uk based and I have prepped all the races how I want and trialled it somewhat, hopefully it will add the realistic AI campaigning I am after, even worked on the 2yo campaigning as I don't want the best horses over raced and I want the right profile for Coventry entries (1 or 2 runs in a maiden) Also worked guineas prep and derby/oaks prep really well getting the best of the irish to come over and I've even got the prep races having their prep races, even going back to the 2yo season which is great. I have prepped the arc too. I still need to test everything and I may be able to find things to tweak to make it even more realistic.

I have also chose to start 8th March and finish 22nd October which suits what I want.

I need to perfect the game pool and nat spread too not 100% what will be best.

My other little idea is when breeding I will only keep offspring when I own both the sire and dam. (may also keep even if I just own the dam) But if I have a top sire I will breed with all other horses in breeding barn but the rule will be I must sell those foals. I will also not inbreed. (I know you can get better results from inbreeding but that doesn't appeal to much to me).

All working towards having the best possible simulation of the real horse racing world in a game.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:19 am
Group 2 winner

When you start a new game how many seasons do you jump?
I jump 7 seasons and my game has really good horses to breed with.

I really do like your ideas about the game pool, I changed mine to 6000 some people change it to more, but I found if I went over 6000 I get more horses in some races but somehow it let a lot of weak horses with low ratings in some big races so I dropped it to 6000 and it works just fine for me.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:34 am
Selling plater

I have mine on 10000 with all countries on X5 apart from the last 3 are on X3.

I think I may up it to 12000. With the preps I have done the big races work well.

I don't know how to auto skip more than one season??

I am almost all set to start playing this game for real now, very excited.

I will also be prepping the jumps game etc as my passion is the NH racing but I need to start on the flat to get breeding etc.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:03 am
Group 2 winner

RentonT wrote:
I have mine on 10000 with all countries on X5 apart from the last 3 are on X3.

I think I may up it to 12000. With the preps I have done the big races work well.

I don't know how to auto skip more than one season??

I am almost all set to start playing this game for real now, very excited.

I will also be prepping the jumps game etc as my passion is the NH racing but I need to start on the flat to get breeding etc.

Renton when your trying to build a new game place the auto season to "1 season", the in your "Legends" flat or jumps page where you get to build your new game, press the "shift key" down, then press the button to build your new game, make sure while the game is being built that the "shift key" is pressed down right through the whole process of the build, and you should get up to 7 seasons.
the only thing that I had trouble with is when I had a high number for the game pool, the game stopped building and ceased in the process of being built, so you might have to play with the game pool number till you find the happy medium, good luck, I'd love to hear how you went Renton.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:46 am
Selling plater

Thanks for that.

I got 6 seasons completed, very happy with the race fields etc and nationality's. (12000 game pool)

My only gripe is that 2yo's tend to be over raced, especially the best horses in the game but I don't think much can be done about that.

All the horses in the breeding barn are 6yo's and there don't seem to be any (big race winners in there from what I saw ie. derby winners etc). But I suspect the barn was full up so the best may have been and gone.

Also my horses I start with have aged, so I'm ready to start a proper game from season 1 with confidence I have my settings good for an enjoyable career with my added rules on breeding.

I played with the jumps schedule etc but it's so frustrating that there aren't enough irish horses by far and there's nothing I can do. Also the computer campaigning is unrealistic but oh well. I think I will have to just have my own fun with my own horses and see if I can just enjoy it focusing on my horses etc. Will be saving that for a while though as I play the flat to start with.

Excited!

Many thanks to simplemind for the schedule in the first place, I can really enjoy the game now.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:25 pm
Group 2 winner

How is your game going & what season are you up to RentonT?

Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:43 am
Selling plater

I am in season 5 and I have just had my first group 1 win in the derby with a gamebread horse I bought. Going to have a crack at the St Leger and possibly the arc. He will probably train on and run at 4 years old too. He won a 1m1f maiden as a 2 year old then a 1m2f conditions race at 3 before coming a disappointing 3rd in the derby trial at lingfield but he just got up in the derby, I was screaming him on from 3 out haha. He has just won his prep (a group 3 at York over 1m4f) for the leger.

Apart from this horse it's been hard work, I had 2 good horses that placed in group 1's.

But there's a long way to go. Lots of mediocre horses have come and go.

My career record is 18/83 with group split of 1/2/2.

I have a chance to win the trainers title this year though thanks to my derby winning horse.

I sold two 2 year olds as they did not come from my mares but they fetched over a mil each.

I will hopefully have some nice 2yo's at the start of next season.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]