View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 US & Canada Mega Showcase/Schedule + New Tracks For S06 
Selling plater

Post Re: US & Canada Mega Showcase/Schedule + New Tracks For S06
Sirus is it possible to have mj's mods and schedule on another save/his schedule without crashing the my that is using your usa schedule? I enjoy your schedule and work and don't want to lose my current save? I am using your latest update and have acquired some nice base horses for my breeding line. Also is it possible to save current game in another save slot? I have not transferred any exported horses yet and would like to bring some of them back into my game but am not sure of the process...thanks for your help and work.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Revman wrote:
Could you talk to the difference between your Mod and Start It ? I do not understand if they compliment each other or if they are basically the same thing. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, I just don't understand. Thanks!!

My mod has tracks that mj doesn't have. The schedule is different. Different names for same races. Races that are not in his schedule also. I have different jockey/trainer lists. I am using his track creations and track logos he put together and silks.

buddybreeze wrote:
Sirus is it possible to have mj's mods and schedule on another save/his schedule without crashing the my that is using your usa schedule? I enjoy your schedule and work and don't want to lose my current save? I am using your latest update and have acquired some nice base horses for my breeding line. Also is it possible to save current game in another save slot? I have not transferred any exported horses yet and would like to bring some of them back into my game but am not sure of the process...thanks for your help and work.

If you want to use his schedule you would have to copy and paste his "_sched_f" and "_showc_f" to ~Program files>StartersOrders6>data>2 and overwrite. Just copy my 2 files of the same name back in if you want to use them again.

Make a copy of his "_sched_f" and place it in ~Documents>StartersOrders6>Exports>Schedules>2. Rename it sched_f_Mjusa. You can name it what you want but sched_f_ has to be in the beginning. Now you can pick it when you start a game.

As for transferring - this is what I do...

I have made a new folder in the "saves" folder in the Starters Orders 6 documents location and have named it "Transfer ~ Export Pool".

I copy the "hdb_" and "ttf" files and place them in the "Transfer ~ Export Pool". This way after you transfer a horse into your game you don't lose it forever. Just save your game after you transfer in and then go to the "Transfer ~ Export Pool" and copy and paste the "ttf" file back in to the saves folder and overwrite. When you transfer a horse in you lose it forever - unless you have a saved copy. At the beginning of each year I copy and paste the two files to the "Transfer ~ Export Pool" folder with my my updated exports and transfers.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:58 pm
Selling plater

Ok...thanks but I have never transferred a horse back into a game...when/where/how is that done? I apologize for my ignorance but I need to know.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm
Handicapper

Great mod. I really enjoy all the tracks. Quick question how does this game determine the entries for the Kentucky derby? Does it go by a point system similar to real life?

Thanks

Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks! There is no points system in game. I have prepped the Kentucky Derby with these races...

_preps,Florida Derby,UAE Derby,Wood Memorial Stakes,Santa Anita Derby,Blue Grass Stakes,Arkansas Derby,Omaha Stakes

The game AI often times likes to throw in the Kentucky Oaks winner which it has been doing ever since the first Starters Orders. Not realistic and I have been bitching (along with others) about the games propensity to wheel back a horse in a race 1 day later. Other winners from other stakes races usually show up in the Derby too. The race never draws 20 horses (which I would like for realism sake) and I have never been able to figure out if it is possible to get it to always draw 20 horses. The smaller field however means you get the best horses usually in the race which makes for a better race in my mind.

Note - When I uploaded this mod I forgot to edit the schedule to remove the listed Maryland circuit races (I think?) that I use in my game. Those would be Bowie,Laurel, Pimlico and Colonial Downs. Now that the editor is fixed you can use the editor to remove those races and if you like add the listed races from the circuit you call home or any races you like. If you edit the schedule you must start a new game for it to work

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Thanks! There is no points system in game. I have prepped the Kentucky Derby with these races...

_preps,Florida Derby,UAE Derby,Wood Memorial Stakes,Santa Anita Derby,Blue Grass Stakes,Arkansas Derby,Omaha Stakes

The game AI often times likes to throw in the Kentucky Oaks winner which it has been doing ever since the first Starters Orders. Not realistic and I have been bitching (along with others) about the games propensity to wheel back a horse in a race 1 day later. Other winners from other stakes races usually show up in the Derby too. The race never draws 20 horses (which I would like for realism sake) and I have never been able to figure out if it is possible to get it to always draw 20 horses. The smaller field however means you get the best horses usually in the race which makes for a better race in my mind.

Note - When I uploaded this mod I forgot to edit the schedule to remove the listed Maryland circuit races (I think?) that I use in my game. Those would be Bowie,Laurel, Pimlico and Colonial Downs. Now that the editor is fixed you can use the editor to remove those races and if you like add the listed races from the circuit you call home or any races you like. If you edit the schedule you must start a new game for it to work

Sirius have u put F20 on the data file for the derby, I always get a full field of 20 and I've never had a filly even run in the derby.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Ghost. I'll give that a try.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:16 pm
Handicapper

Thanks sirius thats great that you prepped it that way. Makes it much more realistic. Im really digging all the premier races you've included. Im only in april of the 1st season haha. But does the game play good several seasons in? I know some games get a little funky and do random things once you finish a few seasons.

Thanks again, glad i found this mod.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:34 am
Selling plater

I have downloaded this file as SO6 is now out of beta, and after I open the file, the 4 folders show a 7/7/2014 modified date. I would like to know if this is correct before I import the files into the game. Thanks for any info, looking forward to playing again with this wonderful mod which I had many betas ago. Thanks.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3