View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 The Australian & New Zealand Courses & Schedules 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: The Australian & New Zealand Courses & Schedules
I am working on 8 new Australian Courses & the schedule to go with them, as follows,
Moe
Sale
Kyneton
Stawell
Alice Springs
Darwin
Rockhampton
Townsville

It would be the end of the week I think before I finish the them, hopefully next Friday.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:35 pm
Handicapper

Tomas I have to say that im having a blast with this mod. Great job.. Curious i know the Australian group races are determined by total earnings. Does this accurately portray how races are filled in Starters Orders? That would be very cool, Either way thanks for the fantastic mod.

Mkvitz

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:42 pm
Group 2 winner

mkvitz89 wrote:
Tomas I have to say that im having a blast with this mod. Great job.. Curious i know the Australian group races are determined by total earnings. Does this accurately portray how races are filled in Starters Orders? That would be very cool, Either way thanks for the fantastic mod.

Mkvitz

Your most welcome MK, but I am sorry I don't understand what you mean by total earnings mate?
I do think the reason the mod is interesting is because the schedule is 90% prepped, some people like to win nearly every race but I made this schedule hard and that is why its interesting to play.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:27 am
Selling plater

Hi Tomas.
Of those Australian courses that you have already made and those you have listed for the future, could you please highlight which ones are real course renditions?
I'm a bit of a stickler for having the right course orientation and real circumference dimensions for my courses and at this stage I'm unsure which in your list are real, or copied from existing courses because they look somewhat like a specific course.
Not trying to offend you or anything, just want to know for sure without having to go to google maps and make comparisons.
Which btw would be the only other way to know for sure.

Thanks,

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:40 pm
Group 2 winner

Wingding65 wrote:
Hi Tomas.
Of those Australian courses that you have already made and those you have listed for the future, could you please highlight which ones are real course renditions?
I'm a bit of a stickler for having the right course orientation and real circumference dimensions for my courses and at this stage I'm unsure which in your list are real, or copied from existing courses because they look somewhat like a specific course.
Not trying to offend you or anything, just want to know for sure without having to go to google maps and make comparisons.
Which btw would be the only other way to know for sure.

Thanks,

I am sorry Wingding they are all copies there is one that is real, that would be Randwick MJ's created that course, although I had to change a lot of things in the courses and fix them though so you could say that they are lets say unique lol, for example, Flemington I did add a lot into that course, you could say they are my making I could say that they are "fiction" but I do love them all, and I thought some people might love them like I do and enjoy them also, I am not like MJ or grey, they are geniuses when it comes to building courses, not to mention a few more people on here, I tip my hat to them all,
but I did a lot of work on the schedule.
the other courses are in the game also the download is there if you want them, but they are fiction also Wingding, and don't worry you didn't offend me by asking it's always nice to see someone enjoying what I am enjoying in the game, if you want to change things to suit yourself, please do and share it with the rest of us would be greatful.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:44 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for the reply, Tomas.
Regarding the courses I expected most may be copies so I won't download them as I already have Randwick.
In fact Jockey Rush came with real renditions of Ascot, Caulfield, Flemington, Moonee Valley, Morphetville, Randwick, Rosehill, and Warwick Farm and I really want to keep that realism flowing.

Atm I have just completed my own real rendition of Brisbane where I created both Doomben and Eagle Farm on the same map.
Both I use as separate courses with their own waypoints so that they can start from all 6 starting chutes.
Mark would probably frown at me doing this but I have a pretty powerful computer and the frame drop due to all the extra content doesn't really worry me.
Next up I'll be tackling Oakbank in South Australia in the hope that one day Mark may give jockey Rush a mixed Australian schedule option instead of just flat racing.
Btw if you would like to see a couple of editor images of my Brisbane courses here are two from opposite ends of the map.

Doomben End near Gateway Bridge: http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/brisbane/Doomben.jpg
Eagle Farm End closer to CBD: http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/brisbane/EagleFarm.jpg

Both venues were as close to real life as I could make them with what was available with the racecourse editor.
They were also plotted from Google maps so there are also that close in real life.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:58 am
Group 1 winner

Tomas I hope you don't mind I post this - Just a reminder to those using an Australian schedule that I made a jockey/trainer list mod based on the 2013/2014 season here...

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10288

Figured it would go well with your schedule

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:31 am
Group 2 winner

Wingding65 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Tomas.
Regarding the courses I expected most may be copies so I won't download them as I already have Randwick.
In fact Jockey Rush came with real renditions of Ascot, Caulfield, Flemington, Moonee Valley, Morphetville, Randwick, Rosehill, and Warwick Farm and I really want to keep that realism flowing.

Atm I have just completed my own real rendition of Brisbane where I created both Doomben and Eagle Farm on the same map.
Both I use as separate courses with their own waypoints so that they can start from all 6 starting chutes.
Mark would probably frown at me doing this but I have a pretty powerful computer and the frame drop due to all the extra content doesn't really worry me.
Next up I'll be tackling Oakbank in South Australia in the hope that one day Mark may give jockey Rush a mixed Australian schedule option instead of just flat racing.
Btw if you would like to see a couple of editor images of my Brisbane courses here are two from opposite ends of the map.

Doomben End near Gateway Bridge: http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/brisbane/Doomben.jpg
Eagle Farm End closer to CBD: http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/brisbane/EagleFarm.jpg

Both venues were as close to real life as I could make them with what was available with the racecourse editor.
They were also plotted from Google maps so there are also that close in real life.

Added your name to the SO6 course creating genius list Wingding, I am WOW! what a brilliant job you made out of those courses mate, I love them, I can't wait to see what you are going to do with Oakbank, I wish I was like some of you guys, so smart, but I am not.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:21 pm
Group 2 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Tomas I hope you don't mind I post this - Just a reminder to those using an Australian schedule that I made a jockey/trainer list mod based on the 2013/2014 season here...

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10288

Figured it would go well with your schedule

I don't mine at all Sirius,
about what you said about racing your horses on stamina, your right, some of my horses when I race them on stamina if they are 6F after a season or so they become 7F or Milers also, it's a good thing but sometimes I do like a sprinter to just stay as a sprinter but its all good Sirius.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:32 pm
Selling plater

Hi again Tomas.
To be honest mate the course making isn't that difficult once you have played around with the editor and worked out its flaws.
The biggest one is to save and back up your work regularly as it does tend to lock up now and then.
I'm sure if you were sitting with someone to gain the confidence needed it would give you that boost that you need to get you started.
I for example have never owned a Starters Orders game and only bought Jockey Rush when I saw it on Steam some 5 or 6 weeks ago (bought it from the Jockey Rush website).
I played it a few times and loved it, I then knew that I wanted to find out more and found that a racecourse editor came with Starters Orders 6.
I also noticed that Mark had left a folder called 'editor' with some files in it in the Jockey Rush directory and hoped that the editor executible might be among them, but it wasn't.
Then I asked him if I could buy the editor executible and he kindly sent it to me for free with no guarantees, but once I placed it in the main folder it worked.
So really I guess I'm probably the only course creator who doesn't actually have/own SO6.

Hey Tomas, I'm glad you liked my Brisbane courses.
Oakbank will be much more difficult as it has two course circuits that crisscross. A flat racing circuit that rises 7 metres in the back stretch and a jumps racing circuit that rises 19 metres in its backstretch.
Here's the image I'll work from showing the light blue flat racing circuit and the red jumps circuit. I've also highlighted the height variations in yellow text.
Oakbank btw races the anticlockwise direction.
http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/oakbank/Oakbank.jpg

I also want to go through at some stage and make adjustments to some of the real courses that came with Jockey Rush/Starters Orders.
Mark and his team have done a great job but I want, lets say Randwick, to actually have surroundings that look like Sydney.
In the editor I can see that Randwick has backgrounds that show up to 9 copies of the Sydney Tower and Flemington shows the Sydney Tower multiple times as well in its background ...... and to an Aussie bloke that's almost criminal. LOL!
Here's an example:
Mark's Randwick http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/rand_original.jpg
My Randwick http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/rand_new.jpg
It's still a WIP but you'll get what I'm on about.

Anyway sorry to take up so much of your time but I mainly wanted to point out that the racecourse editor is manageable and also allows some custimization opportunities.
These are mainly in the form of 2D backgrounds and sprites but as you can see from my work, they can provide nice outcomes.
I personally can't praise the guys that made Jockey Rush enough for what they have produced.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:22 am
Group 1 winner

Wingding, from one course designer to another, I just want to say great job on the courses! Making courses takes some time and practice. I know when the editor first came out, it took me a few weeks tk get the hang of it, but now I'm pumping out detailed courses that show the whole surrounding areas every other hour (except for those occasions when the races on TV distract me... Which is always). I like your use of png images to build a realistic background, it's something that I do with my courses as well to get the most realism into them. Once again, great job!

Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:56 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

You guys never cease to amaze me, I love your Randwick creation wingding,
the day MJ released his creation of the Randwick course I fell in love with it, you are right about creating a realistic courses, because when I am racing at Randwick I get the feeling that I am there at the course the only thing that is missing is a "Hot Dog Stand" MJ lol,

Wingding, is there a download to you beautiful creations of courses mate? I do hope you put them up to be downloaded as they look great, oakbank is going to be the greatest course to race on of course wishing mark would allow the jump races to happen for the Australian game in the near future what a festival they hold once a year of jumps racing.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:28 pm
Selling plater

Hi again guys.
First up, thanks for the comments about what I've done so far.
I'm no genius Tomas, but I do like to create and hopefully my finished products will turn out okay.

Oakbank though guys is a different kettle of fish altogether.
At first I tried different techniques to raise the ground suitably but as MJ would know, creating sloped ground to a specific height is pretty difficult to get right and to get it smooth enough (without a smooting tool) is pretty frustrating.
So if you ever do try your hand at course creation Tomas, start with one on flat ground ...... much easier.
Btw here's a pic of Oakbank so far. If you cross reference it to the image I posted earlier with the blue and red lines, you'll be able to make out both circuits as Oakbank doesn't have any fences in its home stretch run.
http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/oakbank/oakbank2.jpg
In fact Oakbank is probably the weirdest jumps course I've ever seen, about 1800m in circumference requiring several laps for hurdle and steeplechase events.
Just wish I had a fallen log to use as a 3D fence jump. LOL!
In fact that's one of the worst things about the editor, we can't make our own 3D models for it.

As far as those existing courses like Randwick and Flemington are concerned, I'm just replacing the backgrounds on those but as you saw from my Randwick image having one large more detailed background certainly does make the track come to life more.
The only problem is finding backgrounds that suit.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:37 am
Group 1 winner

Boys I didn't know that they still did jump racing in Oz, I thought they done away with it a few years ago. Is there any sites on it, I'm intrigued to know more.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:16 pm
Selling plater

Hi Ghostzapper, as you said most of the metropolitan/city tracks have done away with it in Australia, but we still have two big annual provincial carnivals that include jumps racing. They are both held in April and May and are conducted at 'Oakbank' in South Australia and 'Warrnambool' in Victoria.
Both get their fair share of jumps racing protestors at the track entrances but up to this point both carnivals are still ongoing.

Here's some info about both:
Oakbank: http://www.oakbankracingclub.com.au/clu ... r_saturday
Warrnambool: http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/warrnam ... cPvhvnQOVo

Actually if you are really interested take a look at these two race replays.
Oakbank Great Eastern Steeple (4950m) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATSl5AhLCyk
Warrnambool Grand Annual Steeple (5500m) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPnjrmEuRzs

Both venues I think would make great jumps/flat courses for Jockey Rush/Starters Orders.
Not sure if Mark will ever supply a combined schedule for Australia though?

Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next