View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.311
mkvitz89 wrote:
Hey MJ any plans on making some UK courses. You did such a great job with the US. Would be nice to see your work in the UK courses.

Thanks

Possibly. I think most of the UK courses have been done. The only one that I am currently planning on doing is Laytown Races, the beach course.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Oh really? Do you know where i can find those mods? i've only found 1 or 2 courses that have been redone.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:06 am
Group 1 winner

I offered to do some UK courses way back but was told that most were either done by someone else or already in game with good models so I decided against it. My problem with doing UK courses is that I won't be able to get the undulations correct as I am horrible with the terrain tools. One reason why I am doing Laytown is that it is a flat courses (and it is on a beach... so pretty awesome). Not sure where the UK courses are but I heard that they exist.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Ok thanks MJ

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi MJ,

Haven't been on for quite a while but wanted to say thanks again for all your mod work man!!

Wanted to say the same for Gray too.

Hope both of you are doing well.

Cheers

John

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:24 am
Selling plater

MJ,

Did you ever think of fixing Woodbine Thoroughbred Dirt track to the correct specs. It is in real life a one mile oval and the seven furlong races go from the
backstretch chute. The game track and your version has the track as a seven furlong oval and six furlong chute. Not a big deal but all your other tracks are so
accurate. Just wanted to see if you were aware of this and thanks for all your efforts. They have made the game so enjoyable....

Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Question MJ - How are the course specs for a track that are found in the "_courses" file determined? Is it up to the course designer to make these specs or does the game make them?

I am working on making Bendigo for the Australian side as a beginner course maker just honing my course making skills. I copied the specs from another track in the "_courses" file and used them for Bendigo. Is there any way to know what are the right specs to use for a course?

Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:57 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.30
mjtags11 wrote:
I DID IT!!!!
So, after pondering how to add in yearling/2yo sales throughout the season that have really decent crops, I thought of a way. So, the Barretts Select 2yo Sale, Barretts May Sale, Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Sale, and the Keeneland September Sale will be in the next update. Basically, the day of the sale consists of 8 races going from 5f to 8f with fields of 5 horses (so only the best crops of those horses get in) on different surfaces for 2yos with a purse of $100,000, so that each crop of horses in each race are of quality (note: the Barretts Select 2yo Sale is at Fairplex which doesn't contain a turf course, so every other race is for fillies instead of on turf). Then, at the end of the day, all of the winners are auctioned off. So, now we have sales during the season that aren't the weekly auction. Now, I know that it is kind of a cheap way of getting sales and getting high class horses that could do something auctioned off... but at least we have sales!

Hi MJ,

Can you please explain how you did this i.e. what race types etc. as I can't replicate this myself?

Maybe a dummies guide?

Also I can't seem to find 8 2yo races on the one day in your schedule.

John

Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:53 am
Group 1 winner

Hi MJ,

Another huge ask if you have the time.

If possible can you redo Canterbury Racecourse & Rosehill?

Both are fairly flat and I've attached links to both courses.

https://www.racenet.com.au/rosehill-raceclub-nsw/

Rosehill has 3 chutes,

Chute 1 is 1200m & 1100m

Chute 2 is 1500m 1400m & 1350m

Chute 3 is 2000m, 1900m &1750m

Canterbury also has flood lights for night racing,

Chute 1 is 1250m, 1200m & 1100m

Chute 2 is 1550m

Chute 3 is 1900m but I'm not sure it needs a chute??

Here are some pics of this suburban racecourse: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=canterbury+racecourse+sydney&FORM=HDRSC2

Like I said only if you have time as I'm hopeless at this.

Kind Regards!

John

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:17 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.30
Scatters wrote:
Hi MJ,

Can you please explain how you did this i.e. what race types etc. as I can't replicate this myself?

Maybe a dummies guide?

Also I can't seem to find 8 2yo races on the one day in your schedule.

John

They are only in the Selling Schedule that I made (attached it awhile back I think).

Here is an example of the sched.dat file info:
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 1
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 2
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 3
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 4
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 5
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 6
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 7
Keeneland
Keeneland Yearling Sale 8

Each represents a selling race of a different distance and surface (4 dirt/4 turf) all for 2yo (since you can't run yearlings).

Here is the showcase races:
5,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland:cc_dirt1
Keeneland Yearling Sale 1
September
5,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland:cc_flatTurf1
Keeneland Yearling Sale 2
September
6,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland Yearling Sale 3
September
6,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland Yearling Sale 4
September
7,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland Yearling Sale 5
September
7,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland Yearling Sale 6
September
8,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland Yearling Sale 7
September
8,S COND:maxruns=1,2
100000,F5
Keeneland Yearling Sale 8
September

Each is a Selling race (using an S in the first line instead of an L or a G1,G2,G3... etc.) and I set the condition of max runs to 1 (you cannot set the condition to no runs, but this at least limits it. I also limited the race to 5 entrants so that you get the best horses in the race as well as making sure that really good 2yos won't go after the race and will go for other races not in the sale (happens occasionally, which is probably due to the $100,000 purse, but that is needed to actually lure good horses). After the day concludes, there will be a special auction that includes the 8 winners of the day. I have multiple sales per season (Barretts, Fasig-Tipton, Del Mar, Keeneland Spring and Fall) and get high quality horses from them. This is the best way I have been able to get sales to work throughout the season without them being low level claimers.

SiriusChill wrote:
Question MJ - How are the course specs for a track that are found in the "_courses" file determined? Is it up to the course designer to make these specs or does the game make them?

I am working on making Bendigo for the Australian side as a beginner course maker just honing my course making skills. I copied the specs from another track in the "_courses" file and used them for Bendigo. Is there any way to know what are the right specs to use for a course?

Course specs are created. See this thread: http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2819&p=17948&hilit=Course+files#p17948.

meast32 wrote:
MJ,

Did you ever think of fixing Woodbine Thoroughbred Dirt track to the correct specs. It is in real life a one mile oval and the seven furlong races go from the
backstretch chute. The game track and your version has the track as a seven furlong oval and six furlong chute. Not a big deal but all your other tracks are so
accurate. Just wanted to see if you were aware of this and thanks for all your efforts. They have made the game so enjoyable....

I will try. I don't believe I can resize Woodbine without making a whole knew one since Mark made it where the turf course and the harness track are correct but the dirt course is not. There isn't a way to change one and not all. If I have time, I may create a brand new Woodbine, but with college and all it has been tough to get around to course designing.

Scatters wrote:
Hi MJ,

Another huge ask if you have the time.

If possible can you redo Canterbury Racecourse & Rosehill?

Both are fairly flat and I've attached links to both courses.

Rosehill has 3 chutes,

Chute 1 is 1200m & 1100m

Chute 2 is 1500m 1400m & 1350m

Chute 3 is 2000m, 1900m &1750m

Canterbury also has flood lights for night racing,

Chute 1 is 1250m, 1200m & 1100m

Chute 2 is 1550m

Chute 3 is 1900m but I'm not sure it needs a chute??

Here are some pics of this suburban racecourse: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=canterbury+racecourse+sydney&FORM=HDRSC2

Like I said only if you have time as I'm hopeless at this.

Kind Regards!

John

I will see what I can do. With college and all it is difficult to make courses, but I will give it a shot when I get time.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hi MJ,

Thanks for getting back to me re above.

Please don't let my request interfere with your studies...too important.

Cheers

John

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:43 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.320
Just posted the download to Start It 2.32. Includes more Harness courses including the home of the Little Brown Jug, the Delaware County Fairgrounds. Will say that the Little Brown Jug course is one of my favorites that I've done (and in the in field it reads Little Brown Jug in the hedges, although kinda hard to tell from the ground... but do take a look at that). And today is the Little Brown Jug, so make like Wiggle It Jiggleit and pace home with the new Start It harness pack!

The data should be the same as the last harness update, but I included a new one just in case.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

SiriusChill wrote:

Got to say I'm confused on how to get the specs for a track in the _courses file, too. I've just copied another track's specs for any I've added, but would be nice to know what the specs even mean.

Anyway, so for:
Albany
LL370
F,0

I get that:
Albany is the name of the track
LL370 is ????
F,0 is ???? (seems to be on a good many tracks for the US)
227,496 is its location on the map

I guess the LL370 relates to if it's a left handed or right handed track? Thing is, why are some tracks like LL380, LL2d0, etc? Ascot uses RL278.

The F,0 I thought was maybe related to capping the fields without resorting to the showcase (I.E. All races at Churchill Downs would be 20 max unless stated otherwise in the showcase), but that can't be it since some have like F,0,S and Ascot has GS,14 while Ayr is GMU,12.

Very confusing.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:02 am
Group 1 winner

guardian_titan wrote:
SiriusChill wrote:

Got to say I'm confused on how to get the specs for a track in the _courses file, too. I've just copied another track's specs for any I've added, but would be nice to know what the specs even mean.

Anyway, so for:
Albany
LL370
F,0

I get that:
Albany is the name of the track
LL370 is ????
F,0 is ???? (seems to be on a good many tracks for the US)
227,496 is its location on the map

I guess the LL370 relates to if it's a left handed or right handed track? Thing is, why are some tracks like LL380, LL2d0, etc? Ascot uses RL278.

The F,0 I thought was maybe related to capping the fields without resorting to the showcase (I.E. All races at Churchill Downs would be 20 max unless stated otherwise in the showcase), but that can't be it since some have like F,0,S and Ascot has GS,14 while Ayr is GMU,12.

Very confusing.

See this: http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2819&p=17948&hilit=Course+files#p17948

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It 2.320
Ah. Thanks for that. Not sure how I missed that thread and I've been poking around here for years. :lol: Certainly explains a lot on what the letters mean ... and now I need to redo some of my courses. :? Not a big deal, though. I was redoing the locations for each of my courses anyway.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 102  Next