View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.330
mkvitz89 wrote:
Hey MJ one thing i noticed is even after 1 race the 2 year olds are rated extremely high. I have a handful rated above 125 after just one race. It's only the 2 yr olds as all the other ages seem ok. Is this something that you have noticed or is it maybe a fluke thing with my game?

Thanks

I haven't seen that (although I haven't played the game in a few weeks and am probably a few patches behind). I will look into it in the future. I know that 2yos at the end of the season can get to around 115-120. But after one race with a high rating like that is very rare (at least from what I have seen). I'll look into it for you.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mkvitz89 wrote:
Hey MJ one thing i noticed is even after 1 race the 2 year olds are rated extremely high. I have a handful rated above 125 after just one race. It's only the 2 yr olds as all the other ages seem ok. Is this something that you have noticed or is it maybe a fluke thing with my game?

Thanks

That's a bug with the game. A extremely high rating is given to the winner of a race where the winner is DQ'd and placed last behind a horse who has pulled up. The other horses in the race also get astronomical ratings. This bug was fixed before and it's has been back for a while now. This game is going backwards.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:24 pm
Handicapper

Ok thanks guys..

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:58 pm
Selling plater

Hey

I'm playing on the US but I don't have the the Arc, Dubai and Hong Kong races in my schedule. Is it normal? Do I have to play in UK to have them?

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:41 pm
Group 1 winner

AlphaTBs wrote:
Hey

I'm playing on the US but I don't have the the Arc, Dubai and Hong Kong races in my schedule. Is it normal? Do I have to play in UK to have them?

If you are playing the newest US schedule (the 2016 Schedule), you will not have them. It is a small problem with the game that when there are a lot of races, foreign races have small fields (see in game Canadian races). Since there are so many races (over 2000) and few days without a race (and few that have less than three tracks running) it is difficult to add these races in and give them their glory (and 5 horse Arc is no fun). It is also more of a North America only schedule than any other (although I may add in Dubai World Cup day in the February update since so many US horse are going their now).

If you are playing an older version of my schedule (from the middle of 2015) then you should have Arc, HK, and Dubai.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I was wondering why the races at Woodbine had so few entries. Now I understand lol.

Thanks for the answer!

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:49 pm
Group 1 winner

As we near the close of January, tracks begin to release their stakes schedule for the Spring and Summer. It is very surprising how close my schedule is to the one's tracks are putting out there. In the February update, these are the courses you will see with updated schedules:
-Arlington Park
-Belmont Park
-Canterbury Park
-Emerald Downs
-Evangeline
-Keeneland
-Lone Star Park
-Mahoning Valley
-Meydan (Dubai World Cup Night)
-Penn National
-Sam Houston
-Sun Ray Park
-Will Rogers Downs

This will be released either late next week or early the following week after I test it (and hopefully update a few more courses if they release their schedules by then). The 2016 schedule is coming together nicely. I'm pretty sure this is the earliest we have ever had a schedule for the same calendar year in Starters Orders history lol.
Thanks for being so supportive towards this mod (and I promise I will get those other harness courses and Laytown Races out! I'll finish them up soon!).

Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hey MJ thanks for the great schedule. Is there any way to decrease the amount of races the horses run per year. What would effect that? The amount of races? amount of horses? Just trying to make your perfect schedule even better.

Thanks

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:44 am
Group 1 winner

This is a game mechanic gone kinda wrong. Granted I pushed the game mechanic way past what it was made to do (no one thought it was possible to have over 2,000 races and 10,000 horses in game). I will try increasing the horse pool to 15,000 (which may fix this).
The major problem is that there are too many races that the game needs to try to have horses in. By capping the amount of horses in each stakes race to a certain amount, you decrease the amount of horses able to enter lower level races (as the game will now try to fill each stakes race). This will lead to many match races and walkovers. Increasing the horse pool seems to be the only option as a game fix.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

So i tried something. Using your schedule as a base MJ i eliminated all the allowance races so the graded races only involve group 1,2,and 3s with also the group handicapps. I've had great results with horses maxing out around 12 races in a season. The only problem now is for some reason it doesn't seem to be using the prep races now. As the derby doesn't seem to be taking the winners of the wood memorial etc. Also i've done two seasons and the derby winner wasn't involved in the preakness after winning the derby. So if I can find a way to make sure the preps races are used we might be on to something. It's nice seeing the horses run a more realistic amount of races though.

Thanks

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:42 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm glad that worked. Open the file in notepad and look at the preps. The in game editor usually messes them up but a fix can be made by using the text file.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

The preps are still on the text file. They're just not being implemented. I wonder if since i changed the scheule in game editor it's technically not the default schedule. Maybe if we changed the text file to contain only the group and graded races that would fix the problem. Worth a try?

Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:22 am
Selling plater

Hey MJ

I noticed there is no people in the stands in my Belmont track. Anyway to fix this?

Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:51 pm
Group 1 winner

mkvitz89 wrote:
The preps are still on the text file. They're just not being implemented. I wonder if since i changed the scheule in game editor it's technically not the default schedule. Maybe if we changed the text file to contain only the group and graded races that would fix the problem. Worth a try?

You are more than welcome to try it. At this point in time, that is a lot more work than I have the time for, so I will be unable to do it. But that should fix any problems.

AlphaTBs wrote:
Hey MJ

I noticed there is no people in the stands in my Belmont track. Anyway to fix this?

If you open up the Belmont Park track in the course editor and press export, then you can fix this problem. If, for some reason this causes the rails to disappear (which can happen), just reexport. That is the easiest fix. That is also a solution to any tracks that have rails missing or where the floodlights do not work.

atiggerx33 wrote:
Yeah, MJ. Remember by global schedule just including graded races? I have 15,000 horses for that, and thought it was a nice balance... You might want to go to 20,000 or more. Don't know if it would cause crashing at that number, I doubt it though... I never knew anybody thought 10,000 was a cap... I could have told you long ago that 15,000 works like a charm.

That used to be what was assumed. I upped mine to 15,000 just yesterday to test it out and see how a season runs. I ended up having super awesome stats for the horses in my barn so I'm going to play through this game instead of just simulating manually (how I usually test the schedule). It is only a problem that affects 3yos (and sometimes 2yos). Older horses race at most 12 times per year from what I've seen. 3yos seem to race upwards of 20 times per year. It is more due to the high amount of rich restricted races and not enough horses to go around.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hey MJ quick question. When Im editing the schedule to only include graded races I need to match the showcase file to the schedule file right? For instance when im taking all the allowance races out of the schedule I need to also delete them from the showcase file?

Thanks

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 102  Next