View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It US Mod v2.330
mkvitz89 wrote:
Hey MJ was just curious if this new schedule works well. Does it help spread out the races for the top horses? I really enjoy this game but it drives me nuts when a top horse races 4 or 5 graded races in a month. Kills the realism, just wish there was a way to prevent this.

Thanks

So I tried running the game with the same schedule but without any prep tags and it solved the problem of horses running 20 times... but brought a new problem, horses running too few times or not going to big races. I am going to re-prep the schedule so I can get a good balance, but it seems as if I had too many preps for the schedule to work.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Nice MJ that sounds like it could be good news. Hopefully you can find a nice balance that can really make this schedule shine.

Thanks again

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:10 am
Handicapper

MJ any luck witht editing the schedule. Is it maybe because there's too many stakes races in the schedule? Seems horses will jump from a grade to a conditions to a handicap. Seems to be all over the place which is giving these 3 year olds so many races. Have you tried eliminating some stakes races? Just my thoughts.

Thanks

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Horses will bounce from Conditions to Stakes as they chase purses. Only the top Grade One horses will be selective in their races. Even in real life horses will bounce around, like in Southern California or NY. They have rich 100-200k races that have no grade that get G2-G3 quality horses.

It ended up being due to having too many preps. I started adding preps that would give a horse one path to follow for a few months (like Mucho Macho Man -> Holy Bull -> Fountain of Youth -> Florida Derby -> KY Derby). Each would only be used as a prep for one race (as opposed to a few) and none (outside of KD Preps) would have a prep sequence lasting more than three races. Only Grade One races are prepped for multiple tracks with select Grade Two and Grade Threes prepped.
Moving back into college this weekend so I won't have a lot of time to work on it, but all systems seem to be going good.

I also updated the Canadian tracks so they have the correct races for 2016 (I realized that I never did).

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hey MJ if i was to mess around and edit the schedule myself. What Perk races are you getting rid of to fix this problem? Can you explain your teqnique a little more?

Thanks

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:24 pm
Handicapper

Sorry Prep not Perk i meant

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:24 pm
Handicapper

Hey MJ question for you. With the US schedule i noticed that the race location billboards arent showing up with the track logo. It's just the default screen rather than saying Santa Anita park. Which folder are the in game location billboards so i can make sure i have them installed right?

Thanks

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Ended up redoing all of the preps and then deciding that wasn't enough. Now I made all irl state-bred races to be COND:notwongroup=3 races. This will cause the top class horses to run in the top class races, rather than lower races. With less preps, there will be lower overlap in the races (which was making the game run a horse too many times or in two different races on the same day). Currently testing the new schedule. Hopeful to have it up by Sunday.

Also, with this release, I will be releasing an updated Delta Downs and Gulfstream Park. I realized neither were up to the same quality as the others so I ended up redoing both. They look much improved! I will be redoing Aqueduct and Saratoga at sometime over the next month, but that won't be included in this update.

Final point in this update is an updated Canadian showcase and schedule. Forgot to do this earlier this year, so better late than never!

---------------------------------------
I also worked on making my on UK, Ireland, German, French, Dubai, Italian (w/ Ger), & South African (w/ UAE) showcases. That will require testing as well, and probably won't be released for at least another month, but will include all of the group races for those countries, and the UK will have every single race of most of the major flat meetings.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hey MJ,

Any chance we can please get an updated version of the sales schedule that works with the latest update of this mod? I've tried using the sales schedule as it is, and also tried editing into the new schedules when that didn't work but that fails - I'm just not able to do it myself it seems. Would be awesome if you could update it, thanks!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It US Mod v2.34 - New Update
ChrisOrmie wrote:
Hey MJ,

Any chance we can please get an updated version of the sales schedule that works with the latest update of this mod? I've tried using the sales schedule as it is, and also tried editing into the new schedules when that didn't work but that fails - I'm just not able to do it myself it seems. Would be awesome if you could update it, thanks!

Just released an update on the main page that has updated data and courses.

For those that have already downloaded the main information, the below download is an update. It requires a new game to play. Main updates are that the schedule is fully updated for 2016, including updated Canadian races. There are updates to three tracks in game, Los Alamitos, Gulfstream Park, and Delta Downs. Delete the old copies of these tracks before installing this update.

Chris, I have added a copy of the sales schedule; to use, just place in your Documents > Starters Orders 6 > Exports > Schedules > 2 folder (where you would put additional schedules) and choose that as your starting US schedule when creating a main game. It includes the main Fasig-Tipton 2yo sale, the Keeneland September Sale, and the Keeneland Breeding Stock sale. Usually get horses rated 80-100 in these races that will send the winners to auction, as opposed to the rest of the selling races that only gets 40-60 rated horses. Very good for getting new breeding stock and some very good 2yos.

If you have any problems, please contact me as soon as possible.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ar7f8le0eb8r6bl/Start_It_2.34_Update_-_Schedule.zip

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Is it enough to install the new patch, or do I have to install all of them?

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:22 pm
Handicapper

mjtags11 wrote:
Chris, I have added a copy of the sales schedule

Thanks MJ, your the best! :D

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Is it enough to install the new patch, or do I have to install all of them?

If you have all of the courses that were released before this one (and the most recent schedule before this one), then you will be fine with just installing the patch. The first page is updated for those who do not have any of the mod.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Cheers. I don't so maybe I have to do it again. it worked though, but there is a problem with the silks. in races some of the silks in the thingy that shows each horse's position during races lacks silks before the name of the horse.

I will also say great work with this. Makes the game more interesting.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Cheers. I don't so maybe I have to do it again. it worked though, but there is a problem with the silks. in races some of the silks in the thingy that shows each horse's position during races lacks silks before the name of the horse.

I will also say great work with this. Makes the game more interesting.

This should fix it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nm2d5315553iw84/Start_It_2.34_-_Graphics.zip

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 102  Next