View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership
I'd be happy to be included, I have made lots of mods for my own games, particularly with the schedules, I have never uploaded any mostly because I feel they are more around my personal tastes, such as creating race conditions on races that dont reflect real life, but as a way to try to make the fields more realistic, such as most of the 2 year old group races having a max runs of 4/5/6, hopefully this may not be necessary on SO7 if the AI can be twigged so as horses run less.
I've also done quite a bit of modding on silks, particularly for the owner game, i think it could be great if many people were working on silks because then we could have a huge number of silks and therefore owners, which will make the owners game more realistic too.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:04 pm
Handicapper

I'll be happy to set up a grand folder, on either Google Drive or Mediafire, that I can share with whoever is coming forward to supply mods.

So my main work has been on the UK flat and jumps schedules but I also created a load of new courses and modified other courses with new tracks. I also created new silks for the main UK flat and jumps owners.

The main challenge, should there be around ten of us each supplying content, is keeping 1) the courses consistent with the course and showcase dat files (I have drawn waypoints for each chute that a racecourse has), 2) the silks consistent with the owner and trainer numbers, 3) naming races... this was talked about earlier on whether to include sponsorship. I will leave out sponsors names' as they are very much 'here-today-gone-tomorrow' these days.

I have some questions for SO7:
How many silks does the game memory allow for?
Is there still a limit for the number of meetings running in a day?

On how international the mods should be, I have this suggestion. For those countries that have flat and jumps i.e. UK and Ireland particularly, keep the mixed schedule local so we can keep the right balance of flat and jumps especially during April and October when they clash more often, allow for some more international meetings in the flat-only and jumps-only schedules.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 am
Group 1 winner

I'm going to write up some general ideas I had for guidelines and what we will need to work on in particular for SO7 (to be added on by ideas of whatever people want to work in). I'm working a convention this weekend so been a bit tied up but once I'm free I will give that a whirl.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Do you all use whatsapp? Maybe those of us that are getting involved should make a whatsapp group for easier communication

Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:23 pm
Handicapper

Yes, I do.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:57 pm
Handicapper

I agree with you, Nath. I think some kind of "Quality Control" needs to be put in place so that every mod is working and is compatible with one another. We need less time installing and reinstalling and more time playing the game with quality mods that enhance the gaming experience. Getting everyone signed up early doors for this partnership is certainly the way forward. :D

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 pm
Handicapper

Yes mate, and whilst I like modding I got deep into some projects that were just unrealistic really, but you get so deep you feel you can't stop, so you just keep going and before you know it you've put hundreds of hours into something. For anyone that VALUES their own time this isn't worth it for what is essentially a video game, especially since we're all just players, it's not like we own a share in this lol. If we get this right we get better quality mods that were made in a quicker time, it's win/win.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:44 pm
Handicapper

I know I'm good with anything aesthetic on photoshop so I can do a good job with silks, any other gfx. I'd be happy to take care of that part, make the most of my OCD lol. Someone like MJ can do it all, but the point is he won't have to, so me taking care of one part, bob taking care of another part, and so on, this will free up MJ to create some of the best tracks he's ever made, or whatever really. The whole point in the end is to make sure that we're not just wasting our time repeating eachothers work.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:48 pm
Group 1 winner

SO7 Modders Partnership Guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

At the above link you will see the start of a spreadsheet for what mods we will need to work on for SO7. This will continue to evolve as we need more things. Please put down any specific mods you plan to work on in the appropriate spot.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I want to emphasize that naming conventions and getting all our mods uniform is important. I was look g through the base release schedule today and it's a mess. Some races have more naming detail than others, names are all over the place, and idk even what happened with the South Africa races that were added in - the naming of those is completely different than the rest of the schedule - really ruins the immersion factor.

Maybe I'm OCD with this, but it has been a huge reason why I didn't use other players schedules in SO6 - I wanted all the races to be named in the same style. I'm sure others are like that. Uniformity helps.

I'm looking at having the first draft of my US stuff done by the end of next weekend, that way I can test the game, it's differences between old versions, and all its capabilities when it comes to AI balancing. I'll let you know my findings.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I just looked at the US showcase file. I want the old format back.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 am
Handicapper

SiriusChill... so do I. Concerned that the new format is gonna create errors when we convert our old showcase files to this new one.

MJTags... thank you for setting up this sheet.

I think there should be some leeway for including registered names of races in the race name. Many of the registered names in the UK are free of sponsor names i.e. the Betfair Chase at Haydock, it is registered as the Lancashire Chase. In this case, the registered name is more meaningful than the sponsor's. The name of the race on my schedule is the Betfair Lancashire Chase.

I have been updating the 2018 UK flat all through this season and so can upload that next week. Have the NH schedule ready to go which was based on the 2017-18 NH season.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:36 am
Group 1 winner

There are some exceptions to be made - in cases where the sponsor name takes the place of a meaningful part of the race name - so your case would be that the race in our schedule should be the Lancashire Chase. It is more about getting rid of sponsors than getting rid of registered names; this was more intended for Australian races where I know the registered name for many races is completely different than what the races is called and not due to sponsorship.

(I will add... I prefer sponsors... tho I know many players do not and I rather appease the masses than do my preference)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Anyone know what the tag is to place a claimed, seller and maiden into the game?. Agree with the above about the layout of the showcases. Took ages figuring out how to put the correct ages onto the showcase

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 am
Handicapper

Claimer - C
Seller - S
Maiden - M

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next