View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New Schedules 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New Schedules
You can pick the default or usermade one in my mod. Albeit the default wont work because I've totally changed the database. Does your schedule have the right name? My schedule is named this...

sched_f_usatwentythirteen

Put the "sched_f_" in beginning.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:09 pm
Selling plater

How are you guys editing the schedules?

for instance if I go into the showcase files and edit directly will that show up in the default Aus schedule (assuming I edited the correct showcase files).

Could someone briefly explain this process? I have modified the New Zealand showcase files, but im unsure how to get them into the game?

cheers

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:31 am
Group 1 winner

brem65 wrote:
How are you guys editing the schedules?

for instance if I go into the showcase files and edit directly will that show up in the default Aus schedule (assuming I edited the correct showcase files).

Could someone briefly explain this process? I have modified the New Zealand showcase files, but im unsure how to get them into the game?

cheers

I Can't help you never edited Schedule outside of Marks editor all i will say
its very volatile and be careful i think you have to edit 2 files and they must match exactly
The Schedule & Showcase Files must match or it wont work and your game crashes

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Tremendous information Tigger! Very helpful, and I also read Panther's guide. I successfully updated my own NZ/Aus schedule using this. Thank you.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:46 am
Group 1 winner

Also, a good program to use for this is Notepad++. It is a free download online. I used it for web design and other programming for years and once I used it for editing data files, life is so much easier. It is probably the program you use, atigger, from your description, although if you use plain old notepad you have to tell me how to get a status bar cause I've never found that and I know how to use basically every HTML development program hahah!

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

In terms of including prep races, what does this actually achieve, does it mean a horse has to run in the preps to qualify for the final race in the series?

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:11 am
Selling plater

Thanks again Tigs! I am doing what you are with the AUS/NZ region, but I don't have any plans to release it public at this stage, due to me being a novice.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:21 am
Group 1 winner

The other important thing to note is the difference between prep races that are before declarations are made for the target race, and prep races that are after declarations are made for the target race. If the prep race is before the declarations date, you will probably find the top four from the prep race appear in the target race when declarations are made. However, if the prep race is after declarations have been made for the target race, and a horse finishes in the top four in the prep race that wasn't previously entered in the target race, you will find that it will usually be supplemented into the target race, and the horse with the lowest rating among the target race entries will be scratched (please note, this only happens in non-handicap target races; in target races that are handicaps, the horse would just be added to the field, and the lowest-rated horse(s) would only be scratched on the day of the race, if applicable).

You can also set prep races in the previous seasons, such as using the Dewhurst as a prep race for the 2000 Guineas in the UK.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:47 am
Selling plater

This is exciting news indeed, i basically want to create a schedule that is useful for developing 2-3 yr olds.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2