View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Horse Portraits Mod 
Group 1 winner

Post Horse Portraits Mod
Here is a horse portraits package. The portraits are taken from the stallion directory on the Bloodhorse website. The game doesn't discern from male or female so you will have to deal with your mare having a portrait of a stallion. I also had to borrow a few pics from the Dukes portrait mod to help fill this out so a hat tip to the Duke. There are a few duplicates especially in the light grey and dark grey sections because grey portraits are harder to come by. Black is seemingly non-existent so I used dark bay or brown for black.

0 - dark bay or brown

1~4 - various shades of bay

5 - chestnut

6 - light grey

7 - dark grey

Here are a few screenshots. These are not all the photos. There are 30 pictures for each group.

-------------------------------

Instructions. Make a copy of your original gfx folder if you haven't already in case of problems.

Download file. Extract the "horses" folder to your desktop or wherever you like.
Copy and paste the "horses" folder to...

Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx > portraits. Accept all overwrite requests. You will have to remove the original 0-7 horse portraits too found inside the horses folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gvkiqwa9lg5oecz

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Horse Portraits Mod
I have a horse portraits mod from SO5 I think made by Dancing Brave that features horses in various racing pictures. I would prefer using that so if someone out there can put that together for S06 or is making their own mod featuring horses in racing pictures I would be grateful if you could post that up here please. I am spent after making this mod. Maybe later I'll make this new one.

From what I can tell you need 30 pics for each group or else some horses will not have a picture.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Here's how it looks in game...

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Sirius.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:54 pm
Handicapper

so this fixes the issue of only being able to have 7 portraits? if so, this is brilliant.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:41 pm
Selling plater

Hey, I love love love these portraits but I can't get them to work in-game. All I get is a blank square where the portrait should be. Any help would be appreciated.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 am
Group 1 winner

Ooh La La wrote:
Hey, I love love love these portraits but I can't get them to work in-game. All I get is a blank square where the portrait should be. Any help would be appreciated.

That shouldn't be. Portraits are the easiest mod to add in without experiencing problems. Just to cover the basics...

You copy and pasted the "horses" folder to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx > portraits and accepted the overwrite requests?

Also make sure to delete the original game horse portraits in the horses folder - they are the horse graphics numbered 0 to 7.

There should also be two files in the horses folder called "frame_dark" and "frame_light" - keep those.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:28 am
Selling plater

SiriusChill wrote:
Ooh La La wrote:

That shouldn't be. Portraits are the easiest mod to add in without experiencing problems. Just to cover the basics...

You copy and pasted the "horses" folder to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx > portraits and accepted the overwrite requests?

Also make sure to delete the original game horse portraits in the horses folder - they are the horse graphics numbered 0 to 7.

There should also be two files in the horses folder called "frame_dark" and "frame_light" - keep those.

Yup, I did exactly that. I am on a Mac so perhaps that has something to do with it?

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:13 pm
Selling plater

Here's the file architecture:

and what shows up in-game:

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:47 pm
Handicapper

I have the same problem as oh la la. Just blanks where the portraits are supposed to be

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm no Mac user so this must be an issue with Mac. Why there would be an issue boggles my mind and would love to see it resolved. I hope you can figure it out or someone else out there has a solution.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:45 pm
Selling plater

What is the nature of the game script for assigning portraits? Is it totally randomized? Maybe the address is different for Macs and the file format is incorrect? I'll fiddle around with it to see if I can find a solution. Thanks again for this wonderful mod - hopefully I can get it to work!

EDIT: here is how the original portraits are named in the Mac file:

Quote:
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:58 pm
Group 1 winner

The pc files for the default pics are simply named 0,1,2,3 etc - no .jpeg with the name.

Maybe add .jpeg after each pictures name?

Example 0_1.jpeg

Just a stab in the dark

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:44 am
Handicapper

Nice, Sirius! I'll definitely be using these in my game!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:06 am
Handicapper

Been using these in my games and it's surprising how much a small change can make a difference. Great job with these! :D

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next