View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The Australian & New Zealand Courses & Schedules 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The Australian & New Zealand Courses & Schedules
Wingding65 wrote:
Hi Ghostzapper, as you said most of the metropolitan/city tracks have done away with it in Australia, but we still have two big annual provincial carnivals that include jumps racing. They are both held in April and May and are conducted at 'Oakbank' in South Australia and 'Warrnambool' in Victoria.
Both get their fair share of jumps racing protestors at the track entrances but up to this point both carnivals are still ongoing.

Here's some info about both:
Oakbank: http://www.oakbankracingclub.com.au/clu ... r_saturday
Warrnambool: http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/warrnam ... cPvhvnQOVo

Actually if you are really interested take a look at these two race replays.
Oakbank Great Eastern Steeple (4950m) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATSl5AhLCyk
Warrnambool Grand Annual Steeple (5500m) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPnjrmEuRzs

Both venues I think would make great jumps/flat courses for Jockey Rush/Starters Orders.
Not sure if Mark will ever supply a combined schedule for Australia though?

I read about the do-gooders , why don't they just go save the world. :roll: I typed in Australia jump racing and got 10 pages of them and one of the pics was a horse shot dead yet u could tell it was paint not blood. :roll: They couldn't even fake a pic :lol:

Will have a look at those races.

Some youngish girl put up video's of jump racing and this one site encouraged people to go on youtube and make rude comments about her, I clicked the link but she must have taken the clips down, stupid sad bleeps. If I was on Facebook I'd like to comment on the ban jump racing page. And whoever this Ashleigh Hughes is I like because she's giving them a taste of there own medicine on the ban jumping website.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 pm
Group 2 winner

you know something ghost, it is people like these that make JC Night want to come out of retirement :evil:
but I am going to fight the JC Night bug :lol:

Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:15 pm
Group 1 winner

I found a good site( racing.com) where I could watch the Grand Annual and I also saw the Crisp with the big two Bashboy and Sea King who's running in tomorrow's Grand National. It should be a close race with those two.

I watched a few races and I like the mare Regina Coeli. I love the commentator from Warrnambool , he gets into the racing.

I'm a fan now, i'll add the Oz jumping to my other Fav courses Alice Springs- Darwin- Broome. :D

Well blow me down, I was just looking at the form for the Grand National and I noticed King of Dudes and it turned out to be the horse who ran in the triumph against Our Connor. Small World.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:07 am
Selling plater

Yeah Ghostzapper, I've just found that Racing.Com is now a part of our free to air Australian TV channels. What a hoot!
All Victorian racing for free on the TV.
In fact I too have just been watching the preview for the Grand National race day at Ballarat today.
Btw I forgot to mention Ballarat when I previously mentioned Warrnambool and Oakbank.

Yeah 'Bashboy' is a little champ alright and I think he's around 12 yrs of age.
It could be his swan song today and he's also got a pretty famous jumps jockey on board in 'Ruby Walsh'.
I think Sea King will probably beat him though.
I also have a soft spot for King Triton.

As far as King of Dudes goes, if he wins he would be the first to win both the hurdle and Steeplechase Grand National.
Now that would be pretty special.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Well its a few hours later since I posted this reply and since then I have seen Ruby Walsh in action on Bashboy in the National.
What a horseman he is! He took charge of the race by racing outside the early leader and made the others really chase hard in that last 1400m of the race.
At one stage Thubian looked like he might have Bashboy's measure at the top of the home stretch, but Ruby Walsh got Bashboy to respond over the final furlong to claw back the lead and win that horses 3rd consecutive Grand National.
What a great little horse.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:18 am
Group 1 winner

A good win for Bashboy and I see the second is another ex-Uk horse. I see that was the end of the season, I'll be back next Easter to watch it . I'm a bit of a fan now. :D

Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:39 pm
Group 2 winner

Yes I got to agree with you both was a great race to watch and what about the race caller, boy I thought he needed a lozenge to suck on at one stage after they crossed the finish line lol, must admit though, he was good.
hey ghost, I have been wanting to ask you something mate, do they have jump racing in America?
if they do, can you tell us about it, love to hear a story or too about American racing.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:42 pm
Selling plater

i started this, 5 seasons in almost bred a golden slipper winner haha
i like this but the cranbourne track of which i was really looking forward to using because i like 30 mins away from it IRL, it is dark and has no lighting to it, and also the geelong track you race about 4 out from the rail..
other than that its a wicked schedule.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:02 am
Group 2 winner

mickpatts wrote:
i started this, 5 seasons in almost bred a golden slipper winner haha
i like this but the cranbourne track of which i was really looking forward to using because i like 30 mins away from it IRL, it is dark and has no lighting to it, and also the geelong track you race about 4 out from the rail..
other than that its a wicked schedule.

Sorry about the two courses in question mickpatts, there is a fix for those two courses you mentioned, at the beginning of this thread, but you do have to start a new game though for the fix to work, sorry mate.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:52 am
Selling plater

Hi mickpatts.
Good to hear from another Aussie on these forums.
The reason for horses racing wide on any user created track is because the waypoints set down for racing on that circuit have not been placed close enough to the inside running rail.
I personally, use the 'Alignment Markers' feature in the racecourse editor as these place the waypoints as close as they can be to make racing near the rail work a treat.
It's a bit tedious setting them down, but far better than racing 4 or 5 horses out for the entire race, which I couldn't stand ...... way too unrealistic.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:57 am
Selling plater

Hey tom can you added more courses? it'll be great to see country meeting such Mt. Isa, beaudesert, deagon. or even vic country meeting much preferable.

Just to let you know my laptop shi*, I experience heavy lag on Ipswich, Moe, Sale, QLD courses in general.

However, the rest are great! Looking forward to see more courses from you tom! Cheers mate

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:11 pm
Group 2 winner

pratamab wrote:
Hey tom can you added more courses? it'll be great to see country meeting such Mt. Isa, beaudesert, deagon. or even vic country meeting much preferable.

Just to let you know my laptop shi*, I experience heavy lag on Ipswich, Moe, Sale, QLD courses in general.

However, the rest are great! Looking forward to see more courses from you tom! Cheers mate

Sorry pratamab I tried to create Beaudesert, Deagon, Mt Isa, but to no avail mate, the Course Editor is not working for some reason or another, I think it's buggy some one said that it was buggy I think it was gray or mj, just got to wait till mark fixes the problems in it.
soon as he fixes it I will try and do those courses that you want and the races below will be in the showcase.

Deagon
Deagon Cup-2200m

Mt Isa
The Kanga Classic Plate- 1200m
Cnw Mt Isa Ctry Qld- 1000m
The Proud Aussie Hcp- 1400m

Beaudesert
Ccp Composites Hcp- 1600m
Dolphin/Barrier Reef- 1200m
Beaudesert Cup- 1400m

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:34 am
Selling plater

Tomas wrote:

Sorry pratamab I tried to create Beaudesert, Deagon, Mt Isa, but to no avail mate, the Course Editor is not working for some reason or another, I think it's buggy some one said that it was buggy I think it was gray or mj, just got to wait till mark fixes the problems in it.
soon as he fixes it I will try and do those courses that you want and the races below will be in the showcase.

Deagon
Deagon Cup-2200m

Mt Isa
The Kanga Classic Plate- 1200m
Cnw Mt Isa Ctry Qld- 1000m
The Proud Aussie Hcp- 1400m

Beaudesert
Ccp Composites Hcp- 1600m
Dolphin/Barrier Reef- 1200m
Beaudesert Cup- 1400m

Rightio tom, if you have a spare time, can you also make Warracknabeal, Benalla, Donald, Yarra Valley and tatura racetrack?

It would be nice to see victorian country meeting lol!!

I appreciate your work mate, all the racecourse are great even when i set up as a low quality!

Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:38 am
Group 2 winner

Version (3)

To download these courses go to "page 1"

Here are the new Australian courses they are as follows,

Deagon, Mt Isa, Beaudesert, Warracknabeal, Benalla, Donald, Yarra Valley, Tatura

Please don't forget to backup your files, to use these courses you have to start a new game.

I do hope you all enjoy these courses if you have a problem post here.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:24 pm
Selling plater

Tomas wrote:
Version (3)

Deagon, Mt Isa, Beaudesert, Warracknabeal, Benalla, Donald, Yarra Valley, Tatura

Please don't forget to backup your files, to use these courses you have to start a new game.

Tom mate, you're an absolute legend! I'll chuck ya a slab of VB soon!

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:31 am
Group 2 winner

pratamab wrote:
Tomas wrote:
Version (3)

Tom mate, you're an absolute legend! I'll chuck ya a slab of VB soon!

A cup of coffee will do pret me mate

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next