View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Flemington Racecourse Model 
Group 1 winner

Post Flemington Racecourse Model
Been working on this for over 6 hours today and finally got a realistic Flemington model drawn up. Includes everything that the racecourse has including the famous finishing post, all of the ads that are there for Melbourne Cup Day (and if you look closely, the Makybe Diva Statue is included as well). Both chutes are active as well (the 1400m and 1600m) ones. Just change the showcase file for races at 1400m to Flemington:cc_flatTurf2 and races at 1600m to Flemington:cc_flatTurf3 to use.

Hope you enjoy it!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rx0aw7p6b335r94/Flemington_Realistic.zip

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Re: Flemington Racecourse Model
Hi MJ.
Wow, what an amazing job you've done with those images around Flemington racecourse.
I only have the Jockey Rush game btw but I've still managed to get it working with that software and boy do your extra features improve the experience at that venue.
The finish post is particularly impressive in the 1000 and 1200m races down the straight, especially in big fields when I race out wide on the track as viewing it from that angle is almost ideal.
I also love the billboards scattered around the track and couldn't resist adding actual billboard frames. See image link below:
http://users.tpg.com.au/winsormt/Banners.jpg

MJ I wonder if my editor exe that Mark sent me is up to date as I was really wanting to get a look at how you did all these upgrades.
I was also hoping I could use the manual marker alignments to get the horses to run closer to the rail in some areas but when I try and load your Flemington map in my editor it just crashes.
Do you know if the editor has had an update over the last 12 months?
If so, then I probably never got it.

I've also downloaded your Irish 'Laytown' map and even though I don't have an Irish schedule I am still trying to get it working in my Australian schedule.
I have had no problems getting a race meeting to come up in the diary for 'Laytown' but when I select a horse offer to ride it crashes while loading the race.
Any suggestions about that error?
The Laytown map btw does load up in my editor.

Anyhow great job on the Flemington map.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:54 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm glad you like Flemington! It was a fun course to make. Although it took 6 hours (almost tying the record of 8 hours like Randwick), it has easily jolted to the top of my favorite courses to race at list. Very much like the billboard frames you made. They look awesome! Look out later this week for my Rosehill course that I'm working on. It will have a true to life winning post (something I try to include in all my courses, see Epsom, Newmarket, Longchamp, and Churchill Downs in my Start It mod pack).

As for Laytown, I would open it up in the editor and export the course again. It could've just been a bug in downloading (happens somewhat often). That may do the trick.
And I'm not sure if there has been an editor update. I haven't seen any changes to it outside of the first few months after it was released, and I've been using it since the first day Mark put it out there.

If you need any editor help, just ask. I'm more than happy to help!

Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Will do MJ.
I haven't used Jockey Rush for some time now and don't know if I've seen your Randwick version before, but being only a couple of hours from that course in real life I'll have to download it and try it out.

Oh, if you want those billboards I made for Flemington just ask and I'll upload them for you.
They look a little better I think when displayed off the ground the way I have and you can even use them in your download package if you like.
But that of course is your choice.

Thanks also for the thoughts on the Laytown track.
Tried re-exporting it but still not working.
Can you confirm that the course you have uploaded is actually working?

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:28 am
Group 1 winner

Randwick is included in this download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ffjplaq4gqakq7j/Start_It_2.28_Courses.zip
For just Randwick, pull out the course file in folder 3 that contains Randwick, the showcase files (since different distances have different chutes), 3_Randwick course folder, and copy and past the images in the 3d>entities>photos folder.

I thought I had a stand alone download for that, but for some reason I don't.

I just tried out Laytown and it works fine on my end. I'll reupload the course again tomorrow and try and get it to work on your end.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Just tried out Randwick, looks great too, MJ.
Only issue of course is that the replay camera angle is from behind the winning post structure so that of course obstructs the view somewhat.
Still its a really nice likeness of the real winning post area.

Yes I can't work out what the problem is with LayTown.
I hear rain if its a wet day when loading but after that the game just crashes.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]