View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 To those who mod or create racecourses. 
Site Admin

Post To those who mod or create racecourses.
I know a handful of people create their own racecourses and some have offered these courses up for inclusion in the game. There have been other priorities lately but later in the year I intend to start to review racecourses. This process will include me looking at any racecourses that still use redirects (ie are just a copy of another course) or any that have significant realism problems. I will also probably add more detail to some of the less detailed racecourses in the game.

If anyone is happy to have their racecourses included in the game at some point then please email any you believe are suitable in with a description and state you are happy for them to be modified used. I am not really following mods recently so may well not be aware of your courses. Be aware that those that are used are likely to be modified and/or tidied up. Extensive use of certain entities can hit low spec machines hard (for example 3d trees). The process will take a while and it s likely that new courses will not be added until SO7 surfaces (which is a long way off and at least 2017).

I know plenty of US courses have been done. For legal reasons I may not be able to use these or I may have to significantly change them if I do.

Thanks,
Mark.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: To those who mod or create racecourses.
Hi Mark i know you added a few of my UK Courses ages ago which included Exeter, Ffos Las, Ludlow, Newton Abbot, Plumpton, Towcester and Wetherby i would like to offer the other UK races i build and you can use these which would mean all UK Racecourse's would have their own build course's

Courses in UK PK 2 are Fontwell, Hereford, Perth, Sedgefield, Taunton and Worcester http://www.mediafire.com/download/vkcis ... PK%2B2.zip

Also i have started doing the Irish Course's not in the Game i have Completed the first Pack the course's Are Ballinrobe, Down Royal, Downpatrick, Limerick, Naas, Tramore, and Wexford

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bucf6 ... s_PK_1.rar

I am currently building pack two course's already built are Bellewstown, Clonmel, Cork, Kilbeggan, Listowel i am doing Galway at the moment then i have 3 left Killarney, Roscommon and Sligo.

Gray

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Mark,
You are more than welcome to use any of my US courses. I'll email you the best ones. Even if you can't use them for legal reason, change them any way you'd like. I'm sure more people are concerned with each course having the right dimensions than looking exactly like those in real life.
Also, if you want to use my Flemington, Randwick, Laytown, or Kranji you may.

And if you need any courses for SO7, you can always contact me and I'll be happy to make them.

Mike

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hi Mark

I have been modding existing tracks and adding 2nd and 3rd courses. For instance, I created a Banks course for Punchestown, separated out the old and new Cheltenhams so both can have generic meetings, Leopardstown grafted from Woodbine, made waypoints for Longchamp's courses (grande piste, nouvelle piste, moyenne piste, sprint) and for Goodwood and Epsom. I have also created retro versions of some courses for a retro schedule I created a while back: Cheltenham before the cross-country course, Kempton with its Jubilee course. Here is a link to it.

I have also created new silks for the UK flat and jumps (though mainly jumps), and a couple of Irish owners also. I have numbered them around mjtags's silks (while keeping the silks for the legends intact) so 1-82 and 473-599.

I am updating the UK schedule as it was in 2015. I'm two-thirds of the way through it still but here is what I have done so far. I've updated Newmarket's autumn programme, updated the Cheltenham festival (the new mares' novice hurdle is in) and Royal Ascot, added more evening meetings i.e. Newmarket July, will do some for Epsom. I've updated the owners, trainers and jockey files. I rejigged the irish schedule so that the meetings would fall on weekends and will soon prep the major races.

This retro schedule consists of the UK schedule as it was in 1985-90 with some Irish and French races. The Mail On Sunday 3-y-o handicap series and 4-day Epsom Derby meeting are in there... that kind of thing. The retro courses are there to fit this schedule.

I added jumps tracks to the approporiate Japanese courses. Unfortunately, I could not get a jumps programme to work on the Australian schedule so, instead, placed them on the Irish one.

There is also a Word document, Mods summary, that describes everything. http://www.mediafire.com/folder/11flupxlyc14q/Documents

Let me know if you have any questions.
bobsworth13

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]