View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Testing Horse Skins 
Selling plater

Post Testing Horse Skins
Just recently purchased the SO6 game and I've been playing around with the horse skins. I did a couple of chestnuts and I also edited the other horses (except the greys) a little for variety, what do you guys think?

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:50 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Testing Horse Skins
They look insanely awesome!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Nice to see someone else playing with this. I was playing with it for a while and got fed up chasing various parts around. I wanted a white bridle only to find the horse's eye texture came from the bridle which meant white eyes. I found the spot where the eye was and changed it back to brown only to get a checkerboard bridle instead. Looked bad. I also wasn't happy that the horses all use the same mane/tail texture so I couldn't do a true chestnut or brown horse or even a pure white one without changing the mane/tail texture and making my bays/blacks look terrible. Wasn't too happy that we couldn't do variable markings, either. Guess I'm spoiled by the Sims franchise where we can change a sim's hair, eyes, face, shirt, pants, and shoes independently of each other. But this is only the first iteration with this kind of graphics so perhaps the next game will have more variation.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:48 am
Selling plater

Thanks for the feedback, I have played through a few seasons and all is working as it should, if there is any interest I could put them up for download?

guardian_titan - White bridles would have been awesome, that's a shame! I played a lot of the sims games and you are right we are spoiled by those, I had a lot of fun making horse markings with the sims!

Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]