View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Unable to get anything out of my data files to edit 
Selling plater

Post Unable to get anything out of my data files to edit
I'm new to the forum so I hope this is ok. When i go to my data file and click on any number 1,2,3,4,5 etc it just gives me the option to enter an edited names folder which is empty. Is quite frustrating because haven't been able to use any of the mods from the forum, any help would be much appreciated.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Unable to get anything out of my data files to edit
paddyracing8 wrote:
I'm new to the forum so I hope this is ok. When i go to my data file and click on any number 1,2,3,4,5 etc it just gives me the option to enter an edited names folder which is empty. Is quite frustrating because haven't been able to use any of the mods from the forum, any help would be much appreciated.

Hi your in the Wrong Folders Paddy your in your Documents folder which is used for exported horses and saves of your current game.

Double Click Your Computer then Click Local Disk (c:) then find Program Files (x86) and click it then search down to
Starters Orders 6 and click into it you will see a few folders click into the data Folder you will then see 11 folders
for each country click into folder 1 this is the UK Folder

Gray

Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Thanks a lot, is there anyway to create races yourself?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Choose the showcase file of the country you want to edit and edit. Make a backup copy of all the data folder before you begin editing so you have it in case you mess up which will happen a lot for beginning schedule makers. This guide was written by Panther for SO5 but it still applies to SO6. It should explain it...

panther wrote:
There have been quite a few people across all the forums asking how to amend the showcases files, so for those that are planning to change the data in the showcases files here is a brief guide to all the data that can be held in this file:

Each race has five lines of data in this file...

First line of data

Examples:

6,L,4UP
7,G3,3,CG
18.75,110,4UP
12,G3 COND:notwongroup=1,4UP,FM

The first number is the race distance in furlongs. Usually this would be up to a maximum of 20 (2m4f) in the flat game, or 36 (4m4f) in the jumps game. It is also possible to add part-furlongs (in quarters) as well, so for example you can create race distances like 6f55y, 6f110y or 6f165y by making the number in the file 6.25, 6.5 or 6.75.

The second piece of information is the race type. The following race types are available:

G1 - Group 1
G2 - Group 2
G3 - Group 3
L - Listed Race
COND - Conditions Race (see below)
M - Maiden
G1H - Group 1 Handicap
G2H - Group 2 Handicap
G3H - Group 3 Handicap
LH - Listed Handicap
60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150, 160 or 180 - Handicaps
N - Novice
NH - Novice Handicap
JUV - Juvenile
JUVH - Juvenile Handicap
NHF - NH Flat Race
HUNT - Hunter Chase

When it comes to conditions races, you can either create a Conditions Race (just add any of the following by itself), or you can add conditions to any other race type (see the example above where I have added conditions to a G3 race). The options available are (where there is an =, you need to enter a number after this in the file):

COND:musthaverun (horses must have previously run)
COND:maxwins= (the race will only be open to horses that have won that number or fewer races)
COND:maxruns= (the race will only be open to horses that have run in that number or fewer races)
COND:notwonclass= (the race will only be open to horses that have not won that class of race or higher)
COND:notwongroup= (the race will only be open to horses that have not won that level of group race or higher)

The third piece of information is the age restrictions. The following are available:

2 - 2yo only
23 - 2 & 3yo only
2UP - 2yo+
3 - 3yo only
34 - 3 & 4yo only
3UP - 3yo+
4UP - 4yo+
5UP - 5yo+
6UP - 6yo+
10UP - 10yo+

The fourth piece of information is optional, and relates to any sex restrictions. If it's left blank, there is no restriction, otherwise the following can be used:

F - Fillies only
FM - Fillies & Mares only
C - Entire Colts only
CG - Colts & Geldings only
CF - Entire Colts & Fillies

I wouldn't use F, C or CF for races that include older horses, as you will find the races won't include mares or stallions, so there won't be any horses above the age of 4. I would only use those options for races that are restricted to 2 or 3yo only (although I would use CG for races that aren't restricted to entire colts), and would use FM or CG for relevant races that are open to older horses.

Second line of data

Examples

500000,X
30000,F13,R100

The number represents the total added prize money for the race.

The other information is optional. The second piece of information you can include here relates to field size, and you have the following options:

S - Small (roughly up to 10 runners in non-handicaps and up to around 14 runners in handicaps)
M - Medium (roughly up to 15 runners in non-handicaps and up to around 20 runners in handicaps)
X - Large (roughly up to 20 runners in non-handicaps and up to 30 runners in handicaps)
F - Fixed (followed by a number, as in the example above, this is the maximum field allowed in the race)

For fixed fields, in handicaps the game will allow more than the maximum to be declared, with the horses missing the cut (based on ratings) being eliminated on the day of the race. For non-handicaps, a fixed field will usually allow up to the maximum to be declared.

The third piece of information here (which again is optional), is the maximum preferred rating for horses in the race. You enter an R, followed by the rating, as in the example above. This is particularly useful for setting a preferred ratings ceiling for races that are otherwise open, such as with graded or open handicaps in the jumps game.

Third line of data

The third line of data is just the racecourse. Please note that in the jumps game you would add a 2 to the end of the name to denote that it's the hurdles course, as if you just put the course name in it will assume it's the chase course (note, you would add a 3 to Aintree to select the National course!). Also, on the flat game there are now two courses at Newmarket and Lingfield. The default options are the Rowley Mile and Lingfield's turf course, so you would add a 2 if you wanted to use the July Course or Lingfield's all-weather.

Fourth line of data

The fourth line of data is the race name. This much match exactly with what you're planning to put in the schedule file, otherwise it won't work!

Fifth line of data

The fifth line of data is just the month of the race. This is actually just as a guide, to make it easier to find races when you're glancing through them either in the file or in the schedule editor in the game.

If anyone has any questions, please ask, and if I've missed anything I will update this later :D

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:40 pm
Group 1 winner

For some reason, COND:notwongroup=3, does not work. It is for a US schedule and it is just going to be a conditions race, not conditions for another race type.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Is there any way to make a jumps race a Novice Graded race or Novice Listed race?

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Is there any way to make a jumps race a Novice Graded race or Novice Listed race?

No Mike you can't I don't know why Mark hasn't got NG1 or JG1 etc.

Gray

Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Too bad. I'll just make all group races for juveniles restricted to just 3yos and for novices restricted to just 4yos.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi all it is telling me I am not able to save the files with my access denied???

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:03 pm
Group 1 winner

paddyracing8 wrote:
Hi all it is telling me I am not able to save the files with my access denied???

You need to run the game has administrator Paddy right click your game click properties then Security Tab go down the list to find Administrator Your Name click it and tick all to allow and then click apply.

Gray

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]