View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 SimpleMinds New Schedules and Courses with South Africa 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SimpleMinds New Schedules and Courses with South Africa
I just downloaded the courses and data for a jumps schedule. I haven't played yet - only started a new game just to see if it starts up fine - and it does. I did notice you have two courses in the 3D folder that don't have any specs for them in the _courses file. These two are Bellewston and Killbeggan. Is this deliberate or did you miss them?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
I just downloaded the courses and data for a jumps schedule. I haven't played yet - only started a new game just to see if it starts up fine - and it does. I did notice you have two courses in the 3D folder that don't have any specs for them in the _courses file. These two are Bellewston and Killbeggan. Is this deliberate or did you miss them?

Sorry Sirius here they are

CATAG:cc_flatTurf1
Bellewstown
LH360
F,9
CATAG:cc_jumps1
Bellewstown
LH360
F,9
null
Kilbeggan
RN000
F
CATAG: cc_hurdles1
Bellewstown
LH360
F,9
null
Kilbeggan
RN000
F
null

Gray

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Many thanks Gray

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 am
Handicapper

SimpleMinds - Hi

I've installed your graphics and new schedule yet I'm still playing me existing schedule currently, all is fine, yet I've just come to the Cheltenham Festival on my game and it loads the first day of the fesitval fine but I soon as I go to a race it crashes on the loading screen and I get the following error message "Access Violation at 0x0069030C (tried to read from 0x000000180) Program Terminated. Last CP is RF

I'm not sure if this is a Cheltenham issue or the Festival Meeting issue as I loaded your graphic mods etc around Feb time in my game, so no Cheltenham races to check

Any idea what it could be? Gutted I'm 9 seasons in and I'm now stuck?

Thanks in advance

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 am
Handicapper

Hi, a bit more info on the above, it's definitely a Cheltenham Festival issue, so the game let's me skip racing for the day yet when I then go to watch a replay of a race from that day the game crashes again, Error Code this time Access violation at 0 x004C7103 (tried to read from 0x027640412) program terminated etc etc

When I watched a replay from a previous Cheltenham meeting the replay worked, although this was the festival the crowd was sparse, not packed like it normally is, not sure if this helps what or where the problem may lie

If you can or somebody can help be greatly appreciated as I'm stuck currently and typically at the most important meeting of the bloody season! :-(

Thanks in advance

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:45 am
Handicapper

You'll probably need to download bobsworths courses Cheltenham old and Cheltenham new. He designed courses that were more realistic to Cheltenham. If you don't have those, the races won't load.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:20 pm
Group 1 winner

If its my old schedule then you need the game Cheltenham Course as the schedule wasn't designed to Bobs Cheltenham.

Gray

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Gents, thanks for the replies, it was Simple Minds schedule, after re-installing the game and gradually reintroducing graphical upgrades and SM's schedule I've managed to get it working again. The Cheltenham course wasn't in your download SM so I presume you just keep the original game folder names 1-Cheltenham with the sub-folders in it?

Two things I'm struggling with is when there is a big meet such as Aintree or the Cheltenham Festival the crowd is really sparse, not packed out like it normally is on the original SO6, is there any way you can increase the crowd? Also the finish line is now on the bend, not in front of the grand stand like in real life?

I did start a new game with your schedule SM and I simulated 12 months play, when I then went back to watch a race at say Cheltenham the crowd issue still existed but 90% of the field all wore the same silks, it looked like different silks hadn't been allocated to specific trainers, is this just a simulated issue or would it happen in the game itself? Obviously looks mad when you're playing the game and the jockeys are all wearing the same silks

Thanks for your help and of course hard work, some great work gone in here

Cheers

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Cuzer wrote:
Gents, thanks for the replies, it was Simple Minds schedule, after re-installing the game and gradually reintroducing graphical upgrades and SM's schedule I've managed to get it working again. The Cheltenham course wasn't in your download SM so I presume you just keep the original game folder names 1-Cheltenham with the sub-folders in it?

Two things I'm struggling with is when there is a big meet such as Aintree or the Cheltenham Festival the crowd is really sparse, not packed out like it normally is on the original SO6, is there any way you can increase the crowd? Also the finish line is now on the bend, not in front of the grand stand like in real life?

I did start a new game with your schedule SM and I simulated 12 months play, when I then went back to watch a race at say Cheltenham the crowd issue still existed but 90% of the field all wore the same silks, it looked like different silks hadn't been allocated to specific trainers, is this just a simulated issue or would it happen in the game itself? Obviously looks mad when you're playing the game and the jockeys are all wearing the same silks

Thanks for your help and of course hard work, some great work gone in here

Cheers

Sorry but I have never altered Cheltenham/Aintree Courses or Crowds I have build courses but I have never touched these the only reason anyone would cut the crowd like you said would be for graphics Reason the more Crowd and Large Crowd the powerful your graphics Card should be otherwise your game gets slow.

Gray

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

The Jebel Ali Course does that go in to the USA 3d courses and also I guess the start of each course has to altered eg. 1_Chepstow is altered to UK_Cepstow etc

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 pm
Handicapper

No problem, thanks SM, it’s no deal breaker, game seems to play fine now

Any idea on the silks issue with your schedule? Obviously that may be a bigger issue for me as keen to give your schedule with all the new courses a new start game

Thanks again

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:32 pm
Handicapper

HI Gray. Thanks for your hard work. Your original link with your SO6 work is still there ... I downloaded it thinking it was your updated courses and schedules. Whereabouts is the link to the new courses and schedules?

I saw the talk about the Cheltenham Festival courses. I drew those for SO6 and have not carried them over to SO7. I left the crowds untouched because of the effect on the frame rate. My focus was on making separate courses for the new and old courses to avoid the annoying outcome of having a single Cheltenham course which lets the hurdles races end briefly after the final flight due to there being only two end chutes. I kept back a Cheltenham new and CHeltenham old course for my own use which I can share here but not Festival-specific versions.

I had created a schedule for the UK along with updated jockeys/trainers/owners. It will certainly solve the problem of UK races where most of the field is wearing the same colours.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:25 am
Group 3 winner

I am confused chaps with the structure of the files as stated in previous post for example the Pardubice(excuse spelling) starts with number 4 which is Ireland I believe.
Same as Jebel Ali which is down to the USA folder do these courses go in to the 3d folder as IRE_Pardubice and USA_Jebel Ali and if that would follow for other courses as well.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:35 pm
Handicapper

Gents, Hi

So I started a new game tonight to play out a couple of weeks and see what happened for me with SM's schedule, firstly the schedule looks great, the course designs look superb, especially Chelmsford City which I obviously hadn't seen in the original game
Very keen to have a stab at this schedule but alas the issue with no silks being atrtributed to the bulk of riders means they all run in the same colour, on some instances they just have a cap which is different. You occasionally get the odd race with all horses wearing different silks but on average I would say 85% of the races result in pretty much all of the horses wearing the same colours which is a real shame and takes the edge of the game
Any ideas what causes this or how I can rectify it?

Thanks in advance

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:45 pm
Group 3 winner

Does no one reply to posts on here anymore

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next