View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 MJ's Ascot Course 
Group 1 winner

Post MJ's Ascot Course
So... I decided to make another course (I know, I never stop).

I decided, in honor of Royal Ascot, to make recreate Ascot Racecourse with all of the pageantry and fanfare as expected. There are two courses in the download file, 1_Ascot, and 1_Ascot Jumps. I included the Winning Post backdrop of Royal Ascot in the 1_Ascot file, but it blocks the finish of the jumps course (if I add in a winning post backdrop for the jumps), so I made a second one (Ascot Jumps) that will not have the Royal Ascot backdrop but has the Ascot Chase winning post instead. The Hurdles and Chase course is usable in 1_Ascot, so you don't need both, but I included an alternative that you can add in if the winning posts bother you.

It has the Old Mile course added in, so you can run races on the correct course. The straight mile is flatTurf1 and Old Mile is flatTurf2. I tried to recreate as much of the course as I could, from the winning post backdrops to the famous gates that the Royal Procession come through to start each day of Royal Ascot. I hope you enjoy it!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7n0vhitk3583w74/MJ%27s_Ascot.zip

Add to your data>1>courses.dat files:
CATAG:cc_flatTurf2 ***************************
Ascot
RL278
G,14

(Note: You should already have one for flatTurf1, jumps1, and hurdles1, from the default Ascot course)

Change the following races to flatTurf2 in data>1>_showc_f.dat:
St James's Palace Stakes, Coronation Stakes, Summer Mile, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

And if you are using the 1_Ascot Jumps, just change the hurdles and jumps course in the courses.dat file to say Ascot Jumps as the course (you can leave the flat courses alone). Then in the _showc_j.dat change any occurrence of an Ascot jumps/hurdles feature to say Ascot Jumps:cc_jumps1 or Ascot Jumps:cc_hurdles1 - in _showc_j.dat/_showc_fj.dat, change those corresponding races to be held at Ascot Jumps.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]