View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership 
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership
They look brilliant, Nath. I always have trouble with the stripes, but yours look really good.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:21 pm
Handicapper

It's a pain but you just have to reload the game about 50 times and keep taking screen shots of your progress. That's the only way to learn how the game will distort your lines when they become 3D. What you end up with is straight lines in game, but in your 3D folder, the lines will look anything but straight lol

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:39 pm
Handicapper

nathd88. Those colours look superb. If you have been working on the same owners as me, feel free to replace my designs with yours. You got those centre stars spot on!!

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 pm
Handicapper

Great work, Nath mate. These have been a real Labour of Love, haven't they? :D

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:15 pm
Handicapper

Bob, when I use your mod, the courses don't load up and crash the game. I'm playing the NH game

Just started a Flat only game and I get the same problem. Am I the only one experiencing this with your mod?

Last edited by savio1978 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:30 pm
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:
dwhit55. Best place the bmp files in the game file itself for now. Or wait for Mark to correct the bug in the next patch.

Good to hear you are seeing the correct colours from the 3D jockeys. I thought for a minute Mark was referring to the 3D jockeys when he said silks and bmp files.

The files are in the game file and mod folder, that’s frustrating as they worked fine from your previous mod before 0.095 patch! :x

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:52 pm
Handicapper

Labour of love? not so much, more like something I was dumb enough to start one day, and because of my obvious ocd can't let go of until perfected lol. Labour of pain, but I can't wait to see a big 30 runner handicap at ascot filled with my silks, that'll be the pay off

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:03 pm
Handicapper

savio78. Are all the courses crashing when getting onto the gameplay or is it just the ones in my pack?

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 pm
Group 1 winner

When adding mod courses like bobs or mine you should always take the Original Courses with the same name out and put them safe DO NOT overwrite Original Racecourses this will Corrupt your courses and will Crash the game.

Gray

Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

All of the courses, Bob. Maybe I've not added your mod correctly? I put the folders into a folder I named and then into the "mods" folder. I didn't do anything with the @so6convert folder that was already in there. Do you have to do something to that?

I've not overwritten any courses in the main game. I thought you could just add them into that new mods folder? In the end I've added the jockeys, trainers and stables files directly into the game from Bobsworth's mod and that's all working fine.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:14 pm
Handicapper

LOL @ Nath. You're a glutton for punishment, mate! :)

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 pm
Handicapper

HI savio. Sorry, didn't answer your question about @so6convert. That folder has nothing to do with SO7 mods. That is for people wanting to convert files and folders from their SO6 mods i.e. .dat to .db and '1' to 'UK'.

The Mods folder won't be feeding files to the main section until, hopefully, the next patch. Best thing I can suggest is to go through each of the UK courses and delete those where I have a mod.

If it still crashes, can I suggest that you open the map file of these courses and re-export them? I don't know how familiar you are with the racecourse editor... if you prefer me to do it and then re-upload, I can do that.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:35 pm
Handicapper

I will do it the old way and just take out the courses and add yours then. Thanks for your help.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:58 pm
Selling plater

to bobsworth13,

Sorry to be a pain but i really love starters orders 7 and would love to use the mods you have created, but unfortunetely im not the best with computers.

Could you please please give me an idiots guide on how to install them into my game,
i would be so grateful.

many thanks
danny hannig

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 am
Selling plater

dwhit55 wrote:
bobsworth13 wrote:
@dwhit55 & luke225:

The Mods folder is there to mirror the folder arrangement in the game.

So, if you double click on Mods, create a new folder and name it however you want to name my mod. Then, double click on it, extract my files directly into that new folder you just created.

You will see that I arranged the folders in the same way that the game arranged it.
3D
>>>race
>>>>>>>>jockeys (colours for the 3D jockeys as seen in the gameplay)
>>>courses (the course files)

gfx
>>>portraits
>>>>>>>>UK
>>>>>>>>>>>>trainers (for the pictures of the trainers)
>>>>>>>>>>>>jockeys (for the pictures of the jockeys)
>>>tables
>>>>>>>>bmp (colours for the racecard in the form section and raceday section)

db
_owners.db (the AI owners that don't refer to any of the countries)
>>>UK (for the UK schedules and owner, trainer, jockey data)

Follow it this way, and the mod should work perfectly well.

Sorry, the gfx folders in my last post missed out the /portraits/ and /tables/ folders. Here is the new link to the gfx: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/go5p3mh3bwk3q/ I edited the original post so this link will be on the original post about the mod.

Bobs,

Just done the above, everything is mirrored in the 'mods' folder as per the db file.. and still getting the below? although they seem correct in race mode.

Just to confirm there is no fix for this problem and it’s something else that needs to be patched? As I won’t play until the game is authentic and as realistic as possible

Thanks

Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next