View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership 
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership
bobsworth13 wrote:
Claimer - C
Seller - S
Maiden - M

Cheers for that.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 am
Group 1 winner

Anyone having any luck with the SO6 conversion utility? I can't seem to get it to work. I'm following the instructions provided in the manual.

Edit - I've managed to get it to work

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:49 am
Selling plater

SiriusChill wrote:
Anyone having any luck with the SO6 conversion utility? I can't seem to get it to work. I'm following the instructions provided in the manual.

The symbol in the instructions is not visible for me? Can you please expand on how you got it to work? Thanks

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Seems many of the tags changed. There is a Readme file in the db folder.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Seems many of the tags changed. There is a Readme file in the db folder.

I am unable to see the little rainbow coloured circle button to run the conversion utility.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:06 pm
Selling plater

SiriusChill wrote:

Hi - could you tell me how to get it to work please? I've tried it as per the instructions and it only seems to convert the course file and it won't convert the showcase file? I could really do with some help as without the modded UK NH and flat schedules it really dampens my enjoyment of the game :(

Thanks

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:51 pm
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:
Claimer - C
Seller - S
Maiden - M

Those tags are still not letting me put the races into the showcase, Putting "MAIDEN" in works but cant get the Claimer's or Sellers in, bizarrely puts the races in as listed or Stamina

Anyone been able to put these types of races into the game?

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Pipo25 wrote:
bobsworth13 wrote:
Claimer - C
Seller - S
Maiden - M

Those tags are still not letting me put the races into the showcase, Putting "MAIDEN" in works but cant get the Claimer's or Sellers in, bizarrely puts the races in as listed or Stamina

I will test it out later when I get home, but are you using the tags that are contained in the db Readme file Mark included in the download?

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Sorry for the late reply. After successfully converting the files and then putting all my graphics mods in, I started a game in full screen at mega formcard and full replays. Bad move. The game locked up. I couldn't shut the game off and I had to just shut the computer down. Upon restart my wireless adapter was out of order. Grrrrrr. I went to bed. For those out there that suddenly have your wireless adapter not work on your PC an easy fix is to open the PC and take the battery out and then put it back in. It seems to fix the issue.

Anyways the converted files. I just followed the instructions in the manual. I copy and pasted the courses and showcase files to the relevant folder. In my case it was files for USA,UAE and CAN. I ran the game as administrator and hit the color wheel in the bottom left corner. A brief message appears saying something like "attempting to convert files" and that was it. After the first few failed attempts I copied the 3D folder from SO6 ( My schedule uses tracks that aren't in the game) into SO7 to see if that was an issue. It worked after that. Whether the 3D folder was the issue or something else I did wrong was I don't know.

I renamed the SO7 3D folder "3D1" before I copied in the S06 version. This way you can keep both there - just rename them when you want to change up. Of course before all of my fiddling around I made a copy of the whole S07 game files for safety in case of mistakes. You should too first thing before even beginning to mess around with files.

I started 3 games on small form and small replays and the first two games crashed on loading at the beginning. The third try it finally made it to a complete start of a game.

I can't tell you why the converter button isn't appearing in your game. It appears in mine. Maybe make sure you have chosen the schedule editor button and not the racekit? I did that at first.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:19 pm
Group 1 winner

I noticed in SO6 there is a command for the course files for field limit - FieldLimit:10

There doesn't seem to be one for S07. Maybe there is or it can be added by Mark?

I got to thinking if field limits were applied to every track and course that would help field sizes overall throughout a game. Keeping horses out and making them find other races.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:40 pm
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Pipo25 wrote:
bobsworth13 wrote:
Claimer - C
Seller - S
Maiden - M

I will test it out later when I get home, but are you using the tags that are contained in the db Readme file Mark included in the download?

I am, using CLAIMER, SELLER as listed in the DB Readme File, Still coming up as a listed race

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Maybe I'm OCD with this, but it has been a huge reason why I didn't use other players schedules in SO6 - I wanted all the races to be named in the same style. I'm sure others are like that. Uniformity helps.

This is very much key for me too. I play the flat only, and I've only ever used my own personal modded schedules. Sponsors' names are a complete no-go for me (with very few exceptions), as I like my schedules to have a timeless feel to them. I only use the registered names of races. I'm also very fussy about what qualifies as a feature race and what doesn't. For me, it's only group races, listed races, major handicaps and a small number of conditions races that should be included as feature races. Ordinary handicaps and other race types change from year to year in real life, so I find that the game does a good enough job of auto-generating these races by itself. I don't really want to look at a horse's list of feature race wins to see that it includes a meaningless class three handicap with a random sponsor's name.

Back on topic, the modders' partnership is a great idea, but it will be a huge task to bring it all together to create a schedule that works realistically. The data gathering and data input is very much the easy (albeit time-consuming) part of creating schedule mods. The key to a great, realistic schedule is the seemingly endless number of tweaks that need to be made after all the data is in place, to ensure that everything runs perfectly.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:46 pm
Handicapper

Could people let me know their thoughts about having different versions of the same course?

For instance, in my own mod, I have a separate version of Epsom for the Derby i.e. more crowds and buses down the home stretch. I also made a separate version of Cheltenham for the old course and then started to make separate versions of both for the Festival, again with more crowds.

So, does this give a bit more realism?

One other thing about race naming for those countries that have accents especially France, the game engine for SO6 had been able to read accents but doesn't seem to now. So, the game would drop the race... a warning for whoever does the French schedules.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 am
Group 1 winner

I absolutely do not want different versions of the same course, unless they are in non-playable countries. The game will schedule races at both courses and just looks unnatural. I rather not have one course than one set of races at course "Ascot" and then another at course "Royal Ascot", for example. I make my courses so the crowd is at how it would be for the tracks biggest day.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thank you for all your hard work to make this game even better. Mj can you please relese your converted so 6 files I tried to convert them it didn't work. Thank you

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next