View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 SO7 Mod Database 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO7 Mod Database
Really looking forward to seeing the mods being added in due course on here. I still haven't invested in the game as yet because I want some decent gfx and schedules adding rather than get into a game but have to re-start as better mods are released by this great community.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 am
Group 1 winner

I hope the pic of the segment bars are from SO6 and not 7 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Why isn't anything being added here? Are there no mods available yet? Is this the single "official" thread we should be referring to as new mods are developed? Am I missing something? Do I ask too many questions?!!! :D

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:57 am
Group 1 winner

One a mod has been tested for SO7 and posted to the Game Mods section, I can add it here. I do prefer if the mod has been made into its own thread and not buried in another so that it is easy for me to find.

If I miss a mod, the creator should comment here and I'll add it.

I will only add mods that have been specifically tested for SO7, not SO6 mods that should work for SO7 but haven't been tested.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Early days yet, I thought I was going to dive straight into modding but I've found myself lacking motivation to do it, simply because I haven't really enjoyed playing SO7 yet. I think I'll get into modding once things are sailing a little smoother. I'm sure MJ and others have big things to come though.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 am
Group 1 winner

GS63 wrote:
Why isn't anything being added here? Are there no mods available yet? Is this the single "official" thread we should be referring to as new mods are developed? Am I missing something? Do I ask too many questions?!!! :D

When it comes to schedule mods, it's not really possible to test them thoroughly for realistic horse progression at the moment, as Mark has already said that there will likely be further tweaks to AI and horse placement before the full release. What works well during testing now might work differently in a few weeks' time when more patches have been released. Obviously no harm in having them ready though, and testing further as each new patch comes out. Also useful to make sure they don't cause any crashes.

I'm sure lots of mods (both schedules and graphics) will appear throughout January though.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:29 pm
Selling plater

are there any S07 uk/us based international mods (including big races all over the world) floating around?

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:26 pm
Selling plater

eneaver wrote:
are there any S07 uk/us based international mods (including big races all over the world) floating around?

Coming on Sunday or Monday apparently. :wink:

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:06 pm
Selling plater

3 months and still no meaningful mods. Not even a real names fix. I'm not complaining .... just saying I'm giving up any hope. The base game is still completely broken as well .... considering there seem to be very little difference between SO6 and SO7 I just don't get why this is the case. Oh well ... all good things come to an end I guess. I've loved this series since the SO1 and I had high hopes for SO7. Pity.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:13 pm
Selling plater

3 months and still no meaningful mods. Not even a real names fix. I'm not complaining .... just saying I'm giving up any hope. The base game is still completely broken as well .... considering there seem to be very little difference between SO6 and SO7 I just don't get why this is the case. Oh well ... all good things come to an end I guess. I've loved this series since the SO1 and I had high hopes for SO7. Pity. :(

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:14 pm
Handicapper

Paul, you need to remember that Mark's company takes all the profit from this game. Mods are done by people just like you, players who also paid for the game. These people will update as soon as they can. I just felt the need to remind you this because you come across like an impatient customer almost, if this is the case get onto Mark, not us. I'm not so sure what MJ is doing currently, but If you look to other threads Bob and Simple have a perfect UK/IRE game coming up real soon! Bob is currently merging. I have my silks update coming soon, and if you're only interested in the US stuff then you can watch simples video, take MJ's SO6 stuff and convert it yourself.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:30 pm
Selling plater

I log in periodically to check on mod progression, as I'm sure is the case with many individuals. Yes, it has been slow, however, I'm so appreciative of the modders efforts as without them SO wouldn't be the immersive experience that it is. Obviously we would all like SO7 to be up and running and be an improvement on SO6 but I'm happy to wait and allow these hard working guys the time to get everything right. I'm sure that this version will be fantastic once the mods are in place so please try to remain patient and allow them the time they require to get their work completed.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:49 pm
Handicapper

mjtags11 wrote:
One a mod has been tested for SO7 and posted to the Game Mods section, I can add it here. I do prefer if the mod has been made into its own thread and not buried in another so that it is easy for me to find.

If I miss a mod, the creator should comment here and I'll add it.

I will only add mods that have been specifically tested for SO7, not SO6 mods that should work for SO7 but haven't been tested.

My skins run fine in SO7. It is all I run now, and what I tested the posted skin in exclusively. I list them as SO7/SO6 in the title as they should work in either version.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17737

Thanks for taking the time to update and maintain this list.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:46 pm
Group 1 winner

paulpot wrote:
3 months and still no meaningful mods. Not even a real names fix. I'm not complaining .... just saying I'm giving up any hope. The base game is still completely broken as well .... considering there seem to be very little difference between SO6 and SO7 I just don't get why this is the case. Oh well ... all good things come to an end I guess. I've loved this series since the SO1 and I had high hopes for SO7. Pity. :(

First off, the game is still in Beta and truthfully no one should be releasing mods until the game is fully released.... But I started the trend of early modding with SO6 so comes full circle. I've been working on SO7 mods since August, well before the games release. Due to the various changes made to the game and it's data format, as well as the numerous bugs it had when modding, I've been delayed on a lot of factors. I've also been busy with my personal life when it comes to work which has not helped. Finally, and honestly, I'm burnt out - I've been modding nearly nonstop for 5 years, with a good portion of that time being the only modder for the game.

Quality mods take time and especially so when so many changes have been made to the core data format, unlike between SO5 and SO6.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next