View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Full UK/Ireland Schedule 
Selling plater

Post Full UK/Ireland Schedule
In SO7 is there a limit to the number of races in the schedules per day or overall? i haven't read about this anywhere yet for SO7.

What i did in SO6 and what i want to do in SO7 is build a full UK/IRE Flat/Jumps combined schedule with every race possible included with also the big international races like the Arc, Breeders Cup, Melbourne Cup, Dubai Carnival etc too.

Just don't want to spent ages building it to find out it wont work. Only problems i can foresee is not being enough horses for all the races and there be a lot of walkovers possibly to begin with?? Had that problem with SO6 for a short while.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Full UK/Ireland Schedule
8 Races Per Day Per Meeting; Max 3 Meetings Per Day.
It was expected to be changed to 10 and 4, but that seemed to not have happened.

FYI, this is being planned already by the modding community. See the Modders Partnership thread for more details.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Upping the number of meetings and races per day would of course further increase the problem of horses running too frequently though? I think keeping it at 8/3 is right - I'd even go as far as to prefer it to be 6/2 personally, that still leaves plenty of opportunities.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:58 pm
Group 1 winner

I'd disagree there. I think the game default should be 6/3 or 8/3 max, but allow for the addition for days up to 10/4 - remember, this would add in feature races that would normally already be added in (just on a different day). It's not increasing the amount of races but rather just allowing for races to all be on the day that they should be rather than needing to move races 9+ off the day and putting them on the day before or after.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hopefully the issue with horses running too often will be looked at and something done with the AI to avoid this, even with more race meetings per day there should be enough horses in the game so that horses dont have to run too often. I think more meetings per day would be a good thing particularly for an international schedule as it would allow meetings from different countries to be ran on the same day. I have previously put races on the same day such as the derby and prix du jockey club to avoid horses running in both, this works but it would still be better to have the AI looked at to stop horses doing this when they are on different days anyway.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:24 pm
Selling plater

GS63 wrote:
Upping the number of meetings and races per day would of course further increase the problem of horses running too frequently though? I think keeping it at 8/3 is right - I'd even go as far as to prefer it to be 6/2 personally, that still leaves plenty of opportunities.

Apologies if this doesn't make sense kind of hard to explain what i'm getting at but...

What about having some sort of system in place per trainer? For example a % system, say a horse runs a race there is a behind the scenes calculator that calculates the chances the horse would run again in the next 2 weeks or set period going by the trainer. For example Aiden O'Brien down at 30% generally holds horses back/strategically targets races so doesn't run a horse say 2 weekends in a row. Whereas Mark Johnson who is known for running horses more often would be a much higher percentage at like 80%. I'm not sure if this would be possible to put in the game or if others think this is a good idea but just a suggestion perhaps a bit too complicated to get into the game took me long enough to write it to try make sense of what i was getting at lol Must be some sort of way of sorting this issue sensibly.

Id be happy if the AI trainers couldn't run a horse twice in a 1 or 2 week period however this may knock some trial/big races, off top of my head i think one of the last Derby trials at Lingfield is bang on 2 weeks from the actual Derby.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 pm
Group 1 winner

GGs wrote:
GS63 wrote:

Apologies if this doesn't make sense kind of hard to explain what i'm getting at but...

What about having some sort of system in place per trainer? For example a % system, say a horse runs a race there is a behind the scenes calculator that calculates the chances the horse would run again in the next 2 weeks or set period going by the trainer. For example Aiden O'Brien down at 30% generally holds horses back/strategically targets races so doesn't run a horse say 2 weekends in a row. Whereas Mark Johnson who is known for running horses more often would be a much higher percentage at like 80%. I'm not sure if this would be possible to put in the game or if others think this is a good idea but just a suggestion perhaps a bit too complicated to get into the game took me long enough to write it to try make sense of what i was getting at lol Must be some sort of way of sorting this issue sensibly.

Id be happy if the AI trainers couldn't run a horse twice in a 1 or 2 week period however this may knock some trial/big races, off top of my head i think one of the last Derby trials at Lingfield is bang on 2 weeks from the actual Derby.

I followed what you were saying! :) It's a good idea to apply a % to each trainer in terms of frequency of horses running, but I think you may be correct about how much more complexity this would add to the coding of the game.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:08 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Full UK/Ireland Schedule... need a puzzle solver
Below is my combined Flat/Jumps schedule, also got a few other races from France US Dubai and Aus for the Flat

Soon as i start a game using it it crashes straight away still.... Emailed Support awaiting a reply just in case anyone has had the same issue and found a fix. Only used the in game editor not made any changes to game files

(Removed schedule) for sake ofa gigantic thread

Last edited by GGs on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:58 pm
Group 1 winner

GGs wrote:
Below is my combined Flat/Jumps schedule, also got a few other races from France US Dubai and Aus for the Flat

Soon as i start a game using it it crashes straight away still.... Emailed Support awaiting a reply just in case anyone has had the same issue and found a fix. Only used the in game editor not made any changes to game files

I always create my schedules manually by editing the game files, as I find it easier, so I'm afraid I don't have any experience of whether or not the in-game editor is working in SO7.

From an extremely quick scroll through the list though, one of the things that jumped out is the fact that there's a mile handicap and a 5f listed sprint among the preps for the Arc? If you didn't add those yourself then it means there could be some issues with the editor.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
GGs wrote:

From an extremely quick scroll through the list though, one of the things that jumped out is the fact that there's a mile handicap and a 5f listed sprint among the preps for the Arc? If you didn't add those yourself then it means there could be some issues with the editor.

Eagle eyes Panther

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:27 am
Selling plater

Thanks for noticing that. I havnt added any preps literally just used the editor to add in races that was all not changed any other detail. Reinstalled the game and tried it again while taking out those Arc prep races and it still crashes half way through urgh so annoying. Hopefully sooner or later someone will come up with a full schedule as close to the real UK/Ire schedule that works however i think you are right there is either a problem with the date behind the races in it. Nightmare trying to find which one tho. Least the AW Champs has been spotted as one issue

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:24 pm
Selling plater

Copy and pasted in my SO6 Full Uk/Ire schedule and its worked! Passed the auto run so i assume the AW championships will have worked too! Now i can really enjoy the game

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:35 pm
Group 1 winner

GGs wrote:
Copy and pasted in my SO6 Full Uk/Ire schedule and its worked! Passed the auto run so i assume the AW championships will have worked too! Now i can really enjoy the game

Is that SO6 of SO7 please GGs?

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:51 am
Selling plater

GS63 wrote:
GGs wrote:

Is that SO6 of SO7 please GGs?

I used my so6 schedule file and copy and pasted it into a saved schedule file from SO7 and it worked. Into my secomd season now with no issues. Apart from the odd daft race like that 6f hurdle dunno how thats still in but think the games automatically added that in to make up the cards so dont know how to chamge that.

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:06 pm
Selling plater

Hi GGs

Could you share the S06 schedule? or point me to the post that contains it?

Thanks

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next