View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 S07 Adding a single set of silks to game 
Handicapper

Post S07 Adding a single set of silks to game
Not replacing an existing set. I am assuming this can be done?

Would anyone who is good at modding tell me what files I need to change / add?

I'm just wanting to add one set, so when I watch races it is easy to pick out my horses. I am somewhat familiar with the files. I refitted several mods in SO7 (basically I mod your mods to learn). I use GIMP already for graphic files, and have a 3D silk set made up already for this. I want it as an addition not a replace, so I don't have other trainers in the race possibly using them, since this is to make it easier for me to spot my entries in a larger field.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: S07 Adding a single set of silks to game
You Cant Stop other trainers Having them Mate.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

So you can't add then, just replace a set?

Which, yes doesn't help me as much, since it isn't I have one set I want for sentimental reasons. I just want a set that isn't used by another stable in the game to make it easier to spot horses I want to watch in large fields.

Right now I try and pick odd shirt / helmet combos, after looking at what the game is using. But that ends up varying from game to game since some stable may have a combo that looks close in some other game. And then I get confused. :?

Edit:
Managed to add a new set, at least in tables, but I see that most stables pick a random set at the start, so one grabbed the new one.

From looking at someone's US Schedule overhaul for SO6, looks like I can get around that by adding many silks and in the owner data files assigning each to a specific silk, and having none be "0". That's way to much work for a unique silk set across games. But it is something to put on my wishlist. Like you have the self-trainer portrait drop in location, to add a folder to drop in the race jockey body, head and UI icon files.

For now I guess I'll keep on picking a body/helmet combo no AI picked that game and deal with the confusion if a UK stable has my US game silk combo, or vice versa, and remembering to look for the "other" unique to that game combo.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:07 pm
Selling plater

Yes, you can change the other trainer's silks, and for other country's trainers too. As long as it's not zero, as it'll generally be randomised. The number just needs to match with the 3D file and the trainer dat file.

You can make a very unique silk and use it as your own when you start your game as well.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:48 pm
Handicapper

Yeah, thanks for the help all.

Doesn't fit what I needed. It is fine if the silks I picked are boring even. Honestly, they'd probably be hideous, but easy to spot. ;) I wanted them unique to the player across games for easier watching.

That said, I was able to get a mock up to work fine in the UI. But in the 3D race mode and the daily program, in SO7, even though the silks files were there in the ../horses and ../@HIGH/horses the 3D engine loaded silk 1 instead. I swapped it for silk 1, Goldophin will never find out, and the files I made worked fine in 3D mode.

What file am I missing?

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:38 pm
Group 2 winner

I think what you are trying to do can be done. I have only tried it with a UK game and it seemed to work.

There is a file in the UK database called "trainers.db". I think you can assign a specific set of silks to every trainer. It does take about 10-15 minutes of simple editing to do so.

Most of the trainers in the file have a "0" assigned to them but if you change the "0" to a specific number between 1 and 82, you should have assigned silks to each trainer. Since there are more trainers than silks, you will have to assign some numbers twice.

Something like this

F Hannon
1,R Hughes
L Al Zarooni
2,M Barzalona
H Stoute
3,R Moore

Just make sure that whatever number the silks you want to use is not assigned to anyone else.

Edit:-

There are 4 different areas of the silks that can be edited.

The jockey body palettes and jockey heads are in c:\program files (86)\starters orders 7\3D\race\jockeys - this is how the silks look in a race.

The pictures of the silks and helmets are in c:\program files (86)\starters orders 7\gfx\tables\bmp - this is how the silks look when you select them from the drop down menu in the game.

If you are going to try designing for yourselves, make a copy of the jockeys folder and bmp folder before you start, so if things go wrong, you can copy the originals back again.

I added my own silks and since there are 82 silks in the race, I created the following files:
Jockey_body_D_83.jpg
Jockey_head_D_83.jpg
483.png
1483.png

Quite a few trainers who play in the online league have their own silks. The last number allocated to league players was 102, so if you want to enter the league and keep your new silks you would need to use a number not already allocated. Simpleminds was co-ordinating who used which number for the league.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:07 pm
Handicapper

Thanks for the detailed reply.

So the idea of "reserving" myself a set from the base 82, for my home games, would work. I'm holding off modifying that file though at this stage in the beta. That is an area Mark says still will be worked on. I do back up before things, and have done one full wipe reinstall during the beta too.

For now I'm limiting myself to replacing or adding the graphics files only, I did do what you say for a silk 83. It half worked in SO7 a few patches back. The UI elements were all fine. But the silks used in the 3D were of the base 82 silks. Sort of like with the added UI portraits. "A" silk was used, but it wasn't "the" silk in slot 83. I even tried it with the files in slot 83 being exact copies of a base game silk. It was still a different base silk than the one in copied to slot 83 in the 3D race. I do wonder if I need a line in trainers with the name I use and 83? If it still doesn't work in the next few patches. I haven't retested recently.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:49 pm
Handicapper

OK. Added silks are showing correctly in 3D as of several patches ago. Aaaaand, I have figured out how to do this with out having to modify files. It only works for a new game. But adding new silks to an existing save already makes them unique to you, as no of the AI trainers could have it since it didn't exist when you made that game. But what about games after that? Also works, if you remove them to create games.

This will not work if you use a schedule/trainer mod that uses all the available silk slots, or if the silks you use are not the highest numbered ones. But make your silk in silk slot +1. Which as from above is 83, if using just the base game files. It will be whatever the max number is in existing files +1 if mods installed. Make your four silk files (the two icons and the 3D jockey/hat).

1 - Put your files in the game data and test until they work.
2 - Empty your computer's "Recycle Bin" and back-up your four files.
3 - Delete your four files and leave them in the "Recycle Bin".
4 - Create a new game, and let your silks be whatever default.
5 - Save the game, exit.
6 - Go to "Recycle Bin" and restore them, or reinstall from your back-up of them.
7 - Restart game, chose new silks. All yours.

Not as good as a dedicated, custom, unique silks folder, but gets the job done for me.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]