View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Mods....steer for a newbie 
Handicapper

Post Mods....steer for a newbie
Hi All, loving SO6, 9 seasons in playing a duel game, holding off on 7 until it’s fully patched etc and due to the fact I’m bringing through some great horses on my S6 game

To freshen things up thought I’d try some modding, I’ve done it on games such as FM but never on SO so could really do with a few pointers/idiots guide if somebody could help?

I’ve a few questions initially

If I download a file is it a case of overwriting the existing file or do I need to delete or move the existing file first?

Am I right in saying there is no one large download which overwrites everything? I’ve seen previous threads advertising this but with questionable stability

If that’s the case what is the best to download to keep the game fresh, what’s the best graphical updates for example? Ad boards, courses?

If I download a new schedule do I have to start a new game? If not how does it work with the existing schedule? Overwrite? Merge?

Sorry they seem basic questions, I will give it a go but a few pointers from some experts would help greatly

Thanks in advance

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:17 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Mods....steer for a newbie
Other than schedules, which use the new mods folder, other mods need to overwrite the base install game.

Therefore you really should back-up those files before overwriting them. In some cases you may want to do a full reinstall of the game to remove mods. I say this because since the game is still in beta, and there are often multiple patches per week, the chance that a file you overwrote has a newer version available than the one you backed up after a patch exists.

I don't usually run modded schedules, but, my understanding is that you do need to start a new game for that. The new mods folder grabs them and lets you pick using a nice new UI element on the new game page too!

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]