View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Australian Race Schedule 
Selling plater

Post Re: Australian Race Schedule
Twilightramblings what resolution do you run starters orders on with your 16 Gig video card.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:46 am
Handicapper

My video card only has 6GB, the computer itself has 16GB. I run in 1080p in Starters Orders even though my display is capable of 4K because SO7 isn't optimised for 4K and everything actually gets less clear and it's still very small text-wise. If Mark does optimise the 4K resolution, I know it would run fine in that.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am
Selling plater

oldpeter wrote:
This game is the best horse racing game i have seen.
I am making myself a Australian Race Schedule.
Not far from finishing it as i have only got the preps to do.
I have
74 GROUP 1 RACES
94 GROUP 2 RACES
164 GROUP 3 RACES
264 LISTED RACES
11 OTHERS RACES
TOTAL OF 607 AUSTRALIAN RACES.

Fantastic News. When will it be completed and how do we get it?

I notice one of the biggest problems with SO7 for Australia is the weights. For some reason I have horses that are carrying 36kg which is obviously not right. Will this also get rid of all the claiming and selling races and add handicaps etc instead?

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 am
Handicapper

No, oldpeter was focusing on the feature races. My schedule has the 612 feature races listed on one of the racing sites, though I had to shuffle the courses around because of course some didn't exist. I've also added like 200 USA races, 100 NZ races and still haven't even come close to replacing all the default races. The default conditions, handicaps, claimers and selling races can't be edited directly, so the only way is to make at least 8 races per every day of the season. So about 3000 new races. With unique names.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:29 am
Selling plater

twilightramblings wrote:
No, oldpeter was focusing on the feature races. My schedule has the 612 feature races listed on one of the racing sites, though I had to shuffle the courses around because of course some didn't exist. I've also added like 200 USA races, 100 NZ races and still haven't even come close to replacing all the default races. The default conditions, handicaps, claimers and selling races can't be edited directly, so the only way is to make at least 8 races per every day of the season. So about 3000 new races. With unique names.

Wow, that is a lot of work. It seems to me like the developer must have thought that UK racing is exactly the same all over the world lol. In this case one glove fits all does not work. Oh well, the game had potential. It is a real shame.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:35 am
Handicapper

The Start-It modded schedule, by MJTags, does look like it's got many more handicaps and conditions races, not just feature races. He's also added about ten more courses to the Australian schedule, like Bunbury and Ballarat. But he's just debugging some stuff that's stopping it from working properly at the moment, so there'll be that to download soon.

If I can ever get my schedule to work the way I want it to, I'll upload it if people want it. I have messed around with dates on the Triple Crowns so it's possible for a horse to try all three countries (UK, USA, and AUS) in the same year and I've rounded down or up a lot of distances, to avoid having things like 8.5f because those races don't display that in the booking diary and I like consistency :lol: I thought I'd hit the right thing to force the game to have a whole meeting worth of handicaps when feature races were on was to make one feature race meeting a day, but if it wasn't a full 8 races, some days it would only add the 2 or 3 extra races and then leave it. So now I've gone back to having a few feature race meetings on the days they happen. The next revision is going to be making sure all my international meetings have 8 races (not all of them did and it'll help with the international handicapping) and also making at least 4 custom races on most days, so I can do 2 races at 2 different meetings, which will force the game to fill out the 12 other races. Trying to maximise the amount of handicaps generated.

So to illustrate that a little better:
Day 1: Feature races at Saratoga Springs, Flemington, with one default random meeting
Day 2: 2 custom races and 4-6 generated races at Rosehill and 2 custom races and 4-6 generated races at Ascot
Day 3: Generated default races
Day 4: Feature races...
Day 5: Custom races...
etc.

I've already done about 1000 races and now I have a python script I made to generate the files, so that will make it easier. And another script that will choose a randomised handicap/maiden/novice/conditions race for me, like pick the distance, class, and age.

Think my naming scheme is going to be something like "Flemington Jockey Club's January 1m7f 3yo Conditions" or alternatively, downloading a huge list of race horse names and adding them to a python script that will combine "month" "horse name" "distance" "class" "plate/novice/handicap/etc" :lol:

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:14 am
Selling plater

twilightramblings wrote:
The Start-It modded schedule, by MJTags, does look like it's got many more handicaps and conditions races, not just feature races. He's also added about ten more courses to the Australian schedule, like Bunbury and Ballarat. But he's just debugging some stuff that's stopping it from working properly at the moment, so there'll be that to download soon.

If I can ever get my schedule to work the way I want it to, I'll upload it if people want it. I have messed around with dates on the Triple Crowns so it's possible for a horse to try all three countries (UK, USA, and AUS) in the same year and I've rounded down or up a lot of distances, to avoid having things like 8.5f because those races don't display that in the booking diary and I like consistency :lol: I thought I'd hit the right thing to force the game to have a whole meeting worth of handicaps when feature races were on was to make one feature race meeting a day, but if it wasn't a full 8 races, some days it would only add the 2 or 3 extra races and then leave it. So now I've gone back to having a few feature race meetings on the days they happen. The next revision is going to be making sure all my international meetings have 8 races (not all of them did and it'll help with the international handicapping) and also making at least 4 custom races on most days, so I can do 2 races at 2 different meetings, which will force the game to fill out the 12 other races. Trying to maximise the amount of handicaps generated.

So to illustrate that a little better:
Day 1: Feature races at Saratoga Springs, Flemington, with one default random meeting
Day 2: 2 custom races and 4-6 generated races at Rosehill and 2 custom races and 4-6 generated races at Ascot
Day 3: Generated default races
Day 4: Feature races...
Day 5: Custom races...
etc.

I've already done about 1000 races and now I have a python script I made to generate the files, so that will make it easier. And another script that will choose a randomised handicap/maiden/novice/conditions race for me, like pick the distance, class, and age.

Think my naming scheme is going to be something like "Flemington Jockey Club's January 1m7f 3yo Conditions" or alternatively, downloading a huge list of race horse names and adding them to a python script that will combine "month" "horse name" "distance" "class" "plate/novice/handicap/etc" :lol:

That sounds really good twiliteramblings. I will be interested in looking at it when you finish. I personally wouldn't care if all the race names were random, except for the G1,2 and 3 races and of course the cup races. So much needs to be done to this game to make it even half realistic. As an example, any horse can go into the Melbourne Cup without even qualifying. Now we have races that are by invitation only like the Golden Races. Personally I feel the developer has taken too much on. He should have broken the game down into 3 games. SO7:UK SO7:USA and SO7: AUSTRALIA. It would be more manageable this way for them. And they can focus on getting the basics right.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 am
Selling plater

oldpeter wrote:
My Australian race schedule is finished and works good.
Takes a bit of time to do and the only problems you have is if you type the wrong thing.
Once you correct your typing error you never have a crash.
I am thinking of getting a 4 GIG video card as i only got a 1 GIG now.
I made a spreadsheet up with all the races on so i can find things easy.

This sounds really promising. I'm about to start a new game on a new PC, and I'm wondering how far off this is from being uploaded to here? If it's going to be soon, I might hold off starting the new game and just wait for this.

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:26 am
Selling plater

I had a go at making on of these on the weekend actually. Testing it a little today to see how it balances.

Link to working files if anyone is interested in playing around with them while I test and tweak: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/tm42hlw ... qc7/shared

You will need Tomas' tracks as well (which are great!)

Essentially it is all Gr1, Gr2, Gr3 Australian races (and some Listed). As well as this I have generated a 'Dummy Feature Race' for every single other race of the year to override the autogenerated ones. Overall I created 8760 'dummy feature races' to fill the calendar.

When Group Races line up with a specific week the venue overrides the randomly generated venue and substitutes in the Group races on top of the 'dummy feature races'. The one thing it won't do is move that meeting to a Saturday, Venues are stuck to their day of the week allocation.

3 Different Australian Venues per day with 8 Generated races as per below:

Saturday
Tier 1 NSW
Tier 1 VIC
Tier 1 QLD

Sunday
Tier 3 NSW
Tier 3 VIC
Tier 1 TAS

Monday
Tier 5 NSW
Tier 5 VIC
Tier 3 SA

Tuesday
Tier 3 QLD
Tier 2 SA
Tier 3 WA

Wednesday
Tier 1 SA
Tier 1 WA
Tier 2 NSW

Thursday
Tier 4 NSW
Tier 4 VIC
Tier 4 QLD

Friday
Tier 2 VIC
Tier 2 QLD
Tier 2 WA

Track lists per tier, randomly selected each week (unless overridden by a Group Race Meeting):

NSW
Tier 1 - Randwick, Rosehill
Tier 2 - Newcastle, Hawkesbury, Warwick Farm, Kembla Grange
Tier 3 - Wyong, Gosford, Wagga
Tier 4 - Canberra, Grafton, Albury, Cantebury
Tier 5 - Coffs Harbour, Muswellbrook, Swan Hill, Muswellbrook

VIC
Tier 1 - Caulfield, Flemington
Tier 2 - Moonee Valley, Sandown, Geelong, Bendigo
Tier 3 - Mornington, Ballarat, Warrnambool
Tier 4 - Yarra Valley, Sale, Seymour, Sale
Tier 5 - Werribee, Kyneton, Donald, Moe

QLD
Tier 1 - Doomben, Eagle Farm
Tier 2 - Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich
Tier 3 - Toowoomba
Tier 4 - Mackay, Rockhampton, Darwin

SA
Tier 1 - Morphetville
Tier 2 - Oakbank, Port Lincoln, Murray Bridge
Tier 3 - Mount Gambier, Oakbank, Murray Bridge

TAS
Tier 1 - Hobart, Launceston

WA
Tier 1 - Ascot, Belmont
Tier 2 - Ascot, Belmont, Kalgoorlie
Tier 3 - Ascot, Belmont, Kalgoorlie

Each State Tier is then split into difficulty Categories to assist with generating racedays:

CAT A - NSW 1, VIC 1
CAT B - QLD 1, SA 1, WA 1, NSW 2, VIC 2
CAT C - QLD 2, WA 2, NSW 3, VIC 3, TAS 1
CAT D - QLD 3, SA 2, NSW 4, VIC 4
CAT E - WA 3, QLD 4, NSW 5, VIC 5, SA 3

The Racedays generated fit into a template, with randomisers for distance and Sex Conditions as follows (Cl2 = Class 2 = Maximum 2 wins):

CAT A - 2yo J, 3yLH, 3y+H100, 3y+H100, 3y+H100, 4y+H110, 3y+H120, 3y+H140
CAT B - 2yo J, 3yCl2, 3y+Cl3, 3y+H90, 3y+H90, 4y+Cl6, 3y+H100, 3y+H120
CAT C - 2yCl1, 3yCl1, 3y+Cl2, 3y+H75, 3y+H75, 4y+Cl4, 3y+H90, 3y+H100
CAT D - 2yM, 3yM, 3y+Cl1, 3y+H65, 3y+H65, 4y+Cl2, 3y+H75, 3y+H90
CAT E - 2yM, 3yM, 3y+M, 3y+M, 3y+M, 4y+Cl1, 3y+H65, 3y+H75

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2