View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 The Everything Pack 
Group 1 winner

Post The Everything Pack
Everything Pack updated to patch 1.0170 - http://www.mediafire.com/?om2uvm2dtzj

You get -

Full gfx folder.
* 21 flat silks.
* Updated trophy, end of season awards, betting slip, blackboard, newspaper and racecard button.
* Real banners during the race thanks to The Duke.
* Updated Course pictures for all UK tracks, plus Curragh, Dundalk, Leopardstown, Sha Tin, Flemington, Woodbine, Tokyo, Santa Anita, Belmont Park, Arlington, Churchill Downs, Baden Baden, Meydan, Deauville, Chantilly, Saint Cloud, Longchamp and Maisons Laffitte.
* UK facepacks for jockeys and trainers, + Ireland, USA, Australia, France.

Go to C:/Program Files/Starters Orders 4 and paste new gfx folder in, then hit yes to all.

Majority of the portraits will not work without matching edited data so I have also included the edited names data folder.
* Reduced International flat trainers to leave only major foreign challengers. Much reduced jumps names which annoyingly appear on flat only game.
Designed so that major trainers are matched to appropriate silks, ie Bin Suroor to Godolphin silks, Cecil to Juddmonte silks and O'Brien to Sue Magnier silks.

To add go to C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Starters Orders 4 and paste in the new data folder, select yes to all.
If Vista or above your edited names data folder will be in C:/Program Data/Starters Orders 4 and follow above.

*** A New game will more than likely be needed for everything to take effect.***
***The edited names data is designed for flat only games and will crash on any attempts to open jumps games due to the lack of jumps trainers.***

I've also included an extras folder which contains other versions of the blackboard, alternative cursors, the coolmore purple silks, horses.dat file and an edited names folder, same flat design as above, but which is jumps game compatible.

(If when you start the game and end up with a background showing Dancing Brave winning the Arc, you will have desktop set to user and will need to put whatever picture you had back in the file again.)

Last edited by Dancing Brave on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:32 pm
Handicapper

Downloading it now. Thank you so much for doing this for me. It sounds so simple even I shouldn't screw it up. You are a star my friend!!

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Would you like me to host this file on my server so people can download from it easier?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

DANCING, you might want to change the number 10 item in the bullets folder to show the new betting slip on the home screen. Ive already done it but I thought you might have forgotten. Just a thought. I know its a bit of a nothing but it adds to the realism a touch. Excellent mods by the way.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:25 pm
Group 1 winner

FinalFurlong - Good call. That is quite possibly the smallest file I have ever had to edit, zoom 3000%. Actually looks quite good and makes a noticeable different. Good call.

Added to above pack.

Last edited by Dancing Brave on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 am
Handicapper

Everything works like a dream, so simple too. Thank you again Dancing.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:37 am
Selling plater

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:56 am
Selling plater

Thanx to all involved. Your time spent on improving the game is very much appreciated.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:07 am
Handicapper

Very nice fella well done putting this all together.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:50 am
Group 1 winner

Just one question: What is the difference between your icons and the game icons and a few of your other files, or did you just create a package to overwrite everything in the game? I have been copying and pasting some but not things like icons, input etc.
Great package though, well done.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:06 am
Group 1 winner

Also jockeys portraits are duplicated in folders 7 and 9.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 am
Group 1 winner

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Just one question: What is the difference between your icons and the game icons and a few of your other files, or did you just create a package to overwrite everything in the game?

Just a package to overwrite the initial gfx folder, to make it easier for people less literal when it comes to computers to get the updates onto/into the game. To change almost everything would require designing a new skin and I don't think I have access to all the files needed to do that.

Quote:
Also jockeys portraits are duplicated in folders 7 and 9.

Yes, that's because the jockeys listed are the same. Initially the jockeys were manning, smullen, kinane, oliver and some other one like Heffernan in both folders. Think Mark was going for International jockeys who might turn up at these meetings rather than listing five jockeys from Dubai and Canada each. So working on that theme, I just tweaked the list a bit.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:10 pm
Selling plater

This is great stuff Jacob and thanks for helping me out with the other thing too. Must be many an hour you've put into this and they haven't gone to waste. Big round of applause.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks for your answers to my questions Dancing Brave. This is awesome!!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next