View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Help with schedules and league please 
Selling plater

Post Help with schedules and league please
Right I haven't played SO4 in along while but have got back into it. I've completed 16 seasons on the flat and dont want to lose my data.I see on these forum pages people have screenshots of all these races that I dont have. I just have the basic game and never downloaded any patches. Whats the best patch to download? Do I get extra races then like for example all the breeder cup races turf and dirt on uk mode? And most importantly do I lose all my saved data? And can I use the new patches in existing games I've already
started? Want to start to get into the online league but ill try sort that out myself!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Help with patches please
The next online league will be so5 only.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Help with patches please
The patches are nothing to do with extra races in the race calender. Look in the development discussion page for different schedules. As Simpleminds said the league season will be for SO5 and for a great league horse you really don't need the extra races, you just need to breed a superstar. The extra races are there if you want a more international schedule or you just want more G1's.

Have a look on the Online League Discussion page for more info on building a league team and how to trial them etc.

p.s. I have re-named and move your post so hopefully you will get some more replies.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Help with schedules and league please
thanks supercat. yea its the extra races that im really after I tried following http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5084 but it doesnt work for me. nowhere do I have programdata/so4/exports/schedules .
any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:18 am
Selling plater

also I know so5 is coming out tomorrow and I'm just being a pain! ut I wana finish so4 off properly first!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am
Group 3 winner

zikkofly wrote:
thanks supercat. yea its the extra races that im really after I tried following http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5084 but it doesnt work for me. nowhere do I have programdata/so4/exports/schedules .
any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

I believe when you go into my computer you have to enable hidden files so that your files show up and you can slot the schedule in. I could be wrong, but, from my time on here, I could also be right.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am
Group 3 winner

zikkofly wrote:
also I know so5 is coming out tomorrow and I'm just being a pain! ut I wana finish so4 off properly first!

Does anyone ever finish off SO? It's constantly evolving, that's the pull of the game. Also, if you put a new schedule in the chances are your saved game will not work with the new schedule. You have to start a new game.

Last edited by neves_rats on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 am
Group 1 winner

spot on Neves

you have to unhide your hidden files

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

neves_rats wrote:
zikkofly wrote:

Does anyone ever finish off SO? It's constantly evolving, that's the pull of the game. Also, if you put a new schedule in the chances are your saved game will not work with the new schedule. You have to start a new game.

That's a good point a new schedule will mean any games played on the default schedule will no longer work. I have a set of really good 3yo's in SO4 at the moment and I want to finish off their year but as Neves said you never 'finish' a SO game so I figure I may as well move onto the next one and wait for the next batch of exciting 3yo's because there will be another! That or switch between the two, SO5's schedule looks much better and it looks like it'll be just as easy to edit in-game so I'd wait if I were you.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 am
Group 3 winner

SuperCat wrote:
neves_rats wrote:
zikkofly wrote:

That's a good point a new schedule will mean any games played on the default schedule will no longer work. I have a set of really good 3yo's in SO4 at the moment and I want to finish off their year but as Neves said you never 'finish' a SO game so I figure I may as well move onto the next one and wait for the next batch of exciting 3yo's because there will be another! That or switch between the two, SO5's schedule looks much better and it looks like it'll be just as easy to edit in-game so I'd wait if I were you.

I have a game, and it takes me ages to finish a season as I don't go flying through, where I have a nice crop of 3yo's about a month before the guineas, but, since preperations for SO5 really ramped up I haven't played, seems little point, new achievements await

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 am
Selling plater

thanks for the feedback. id loved to have more G1 races but if theres a chance to lose my saved game dont think it's worth it. put in too much effort to lose 16 seasons of it! when will so5 online league be starting up? seeing it's out today :D

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 am
Group 1 winner

zikkofly wrote:
when will so5 online league be starting up? seeing it's out today :D

A few months I would say but I don't play online league.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:43 am
Group 1 winner

exxplozion wrote:
zikkofly wrote:
when will so5 online league be starting up? seeing it's out today :D

A few months I would say but I don't play online league.

wont be til August or september with what ive heard in lge section

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]