View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Australia - Extra courses and updated showcase!!! (UPDATED) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Australia - Extra courses and updated schedule/showcase!
I've now uploaded v1.1, which includes more realistic field sizes and more international races.

A lot of the international races included in the original game are back, minus some of the age group races (realistically, an Australian horse entered in the St James's Palace Stakes would have to be a 2-year-old). There are also an extra 10 NZ Group races, mostly at times when a similar race isn't available in Australia (e.g. there are now 6 races from the Ellerslie Boxing Day/New Year's Day programme; the International Stakes has been included but not the Waikato Sprint, as the C F Orr is on the same day).

I've looked at the field sizes for almost every race over the last 5 years, and I'm happy with the field sizes on the whole. There are a few races that only attract 4 or 5 runners a little more often than I'd like, and some races have still had field limits set that might not quite be realistic. For example, the Matriarch stakes has had a field of 16 IRL four out of the past five seasons. The real-life field limit might actually be about 18, but I've set it at 16 in the game so that the field size would be most realistic. The alternatives were to have variable fields of 18-22 runners, or a fixed field of 18.

panther wrote:
StReims is still tweaking a few things with his schedule though, so I wouldn't start a game with it until he has released the final version.

This might not be the final update, but I'm happy with how it's all running now, so for all intents, it can probably be considered the final version for now. In other words, I can't see any significant updates in the foreseeable future, unless someone identifies any major issues. Feedback is still welcome, though.

Besides, the game's been out for 2 weeks, and I still haven't started a "proper" game yet! And with patch 1.005 out, I think it's time to start!

meast32 wrote:
Great work St. Reims
Are you still going to post your guide? Want to create a couple of tracks myself, Thanks

It's coming, I swear! Now that the schedule is more-or-less complete, I'd say that this will be posted in the next 24 hours.

Wed May 09, 2012 11:06 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Australia - Extra courses and updated showcase!!! (UPDAT
Thanks for all your efforts! Great Job

Wed May 09, 2012 11:23 pm
Selling plater

Getting a crash when i install and try and start a new game with the latest update... Anyone else getting that???

Thu May 10, 2012 3:12 am
Selling plater

Goffy wrote:
Getting a crash when i install and try and start a new game with the latest update... Anyone else getting that???

Yeah. 'Can't match schedule race (Ladies' Mile) with showcase db rec.' I removed that race from the schedule and showcase files and everything was fine. So I'm guessing it's just a problem with that race.

Does anyone know when the editor becomes available again? I'm delighted with St Reim's schedule and am pretty keen to get stuck into it, but would like to have the option of adding a few more NZ races before I start a proper game.

Thu May 10, 2012 3:21 am
Selling plater

Im also getting it with the Railway Sprint...

For a dope, how do u remove them from the schedule and showcase files????

Thu May 10, 2012 3:22 am
Selling plater

Sir-Slick wrote:
Goffy wrote:

Yeah. 'Can't match schedule race (Ladies' Mile) with showcase db rec.' I removed that race from the schedule and showcase files and everything was fine. So I'm guessing it's just a problem with that race.

So sorry about that. It's actually as simple as the format of the apostrophe in the schedule file was different from the apostrophe in the showcase file. I had already corrected this, but forgot to put the correct showcase file back in the zip... :oops:

Goffy wrote:
Im also getting it with the Railway Sprint...

For a dope, how do u remove them from the schedule and showcase files????

This is from the default schedule in the game, and many of the names from this schedule won't match the names in the updated showcases. If you've installed the latest patch (or any patch), you'd need to unzip the mod back into the game folder afterwards, or you'll get errors like this.

But if you do want to delete any races from the schedule (you don't need to delete it from the showcase file as well), and can't wait for the schedule editor to be fixed, you need to open the file with notepad, find the race you want to remove, and delete the lines relating to that race up to the date. These are usually the two or three lines above the race name.

For example, if you want to remove the Ladies' Mile (although I assure you it works now!),
you would delete the following lines:
Ellerslie
Ladies' Mile

Thu May 10, 2012 9:02 am
Selling plater

Never mind lol im a dumbass lol

Thu May 10, 2012 10:19 pm
Selling plater

Really want to download it, but if there are crashes in the game it isn't worth it right???

Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 am
Selling plater

Mate i would download it, Ive been playing it a while and no issues (after i got it working that is - but that was me being a retard not the database)...

Highly recommend it...

Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 am
Selling plater

Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing after installing the latest patch??

Ive re-copied the database into the folder after patching but its crashing when i go to load the game???

Any ideas??

Tue May 15, 2012 12:20 am
Selling plater

Goffy wrote:
Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing after installing the latest patch??

Ive re-copied the database into the folder after patching but its crashing when i go to load the game???

Any ideas??

Yup. Wouldn't have a clue what the problem is though.

Sun May 20, 2012 12:18 pm
Handicapper

Hey Mate,

Any Reason why you left out the Magic Millions day at the Gold Coast in January ??

Also, with the start positions on the track map at Randwick (the shoot starts at 1100, 1200, 1300, and 1400m are all out of position), at Rosehill (1500m starts on the back straight bend) and Mooney Valley (1000, 1100 & 1200 dont start in the shoot)

Mon May 21, 2012 7:23 am
Selling plater

Just another issue.

I downloaded it and it worked a treat... and then another patch come out. So I downloaded the new patch, and now everything works fine except for the race track map. The little red dot cursor is no where near the actual track layout. Sometimes the shape it makes, is completely wrong....

Any idea what as happened here????

Tue May 22, 2012 4:07 am
Handicapper

@mightandpower, download the courses again and re-install them, should be fine then, I had the same issue.

Tue May 22, 2012 9:19 am
Selling plater

MaLuckyDay wrote:
@mightandpower, download the courses again and re-install them, should be fine then, I had the same issue.

Ah thanks dude... I thought that was the problem, but just double checking

Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next