View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Guide to the data held in the showcases files... 
Handicapper

Post Re: Guide to the data held in the showcases files...
SuperCat's post got me thinking......if you were to limit all other nations except the UK to the bare minimum (i.e 45 horses), would this not greatly increase the chances of buying top game horses through the weekly auctions?? Or would the game crash because there are not enough international horses for the non-UK G1's??

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 pm
Handicapper

Legend Of Warren Place wrote:
SuperCat's post got me thinking......if you were to limit all other nations except the UK to the bare minimum (i.e 45 horses), would this not greatly increase the chances of buying top game horses through the weekly auctions?? Or would the game crash because there are not enough international horses for the non-UK G1's??

Answered my own question.....edited natspread and started a new game, but the non-UK g1's were all virtually empty, didn't fill up with UK horses, UK meetings were packed full of horses though :roll:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar I'm pretty sure that it does happen in the league. I have read about it many times, not sure if it's still being done (think it is though). But I think it is fairly standard league stuff. I don't really want to enter the league I just wanted to try to create the schedule to see if it was possible and what would happen.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Panther r.e. your post about the schedule not working. Does that mean that the best horses will just not ever run? Even though the feature races are sellers? How on earth do people do this then if the game won't enter the best horses?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 pm
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
Panther r.e. your post about the schedule not working. Does that mean that the best horses will just not ever run? Even though the feature races are sellers? How on earth do people do this then if the game won't enter the best horses?

I don't think you will really know which the best horses are, as I'd imagine no horses will ever get a rating of anywhere near 120/130/140 when the highest grade of race available is conditions race or 0-105 handicap. The best horses will run in these races when their ratings are low enough, but once they reach 110+ they will probably just not run at all. If you make a feature claiming or selling race it is likely to only attract the level of horse that would usually enter a seller or a claimer. When you add feature conditions races, they attract the same level of field as the random conditions races in the schedule; the field won't be any stronger just because it's a feature race.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:19 am
Group 1 winner

what is the maximum races allowed in the schedule

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
what is the maximum races allowed in the schedule

I don't think there is a maximum.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:17 pm
Group 2 winner

Can anyone help me im trying to create group races of my own but i dont have all that data as pather posted i get something like this

Newmarket
Tattersalls 3yo Trophy

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:37 pm
Group 1 winner

You are looking in the wrong section. Go into computer, c drive, program files( mine is program filesx86), starters orders 5, data, whatever country you want to add the races to( the numbers correspond to a certain country- uk,USA,aus,ire,fra,jap,7 8 9 are dubai, Germany canada I think not sure which order and 10&11 are new Zealand and hong kong in that order I think. I know the first 6 are correct. Just check the courses file) go into showcase file and add in at the appropriate place.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm
Group 2 winner

Thanks mate i was looking at the sched file lol.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Panther- is it possible to create a listed race for unraced 2yos as I was looking to create the prix yacowlef. Would I have to edit the conditions? So if i put COND=max runs:0 would that work?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Panther- is it possible to create a listed race for unraced 2yos as I was looking to create the prix yacowlef. Would I have to edit the conditions? So if i put COND=max runs:0 would that work?

As far as I'm aware this isn't possible. I've tried putting "0" for maxruns before, and it didn't work, although I don't know if there's since been updates. I think the minimum you can have is "1".

I've not tried it, but perhaps putting "R30" to denote a maximum rating of 30 in the race might encourage only horses without a rating to be entered, but this would really only work for UK races, as overseas horses start with an allocated rating. Also, if the game couldn't find enough suitable unrated horses it would just override the "R30" function anyway.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 am
Group 1 winner

Have tested it in a basic schedule- regular one and just added it in- obviously doesn't need prepping and it worked.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Have tested it in a basic schedule- regular one and just added it in- obviously doesn't need prepping and it worked.

It worked using maxruns=0? Or R30?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Max runs 0. Put it in June and all runners were unraced 2yos. Mostly French which is good as it is a French race.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next