View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Guide to the data held in the showcases files... 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Guide to the data held in the showcases files...
Ubar02 wrote:
Max runs 0. Put it in June and all runners were unraced 2yos. Mostly French which is good as it is a French race.

Ah, that's good to know. I know that maxruns=0 never used to work, so it must have been changed. I wonder if that also means that maxwins=0 also now works, meaning we can create non-maiden races that are only open to maidens?

In saying that though, have you tested it over a few seasons, as a French 2yo race in June is likely to attract mostly unraced horses anyway?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:06 pm
Group 1 winner

No just once will test again.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:
Max runs 0. Put it in June and all runners were unraced 2yos. Mostly French which is good as it is a French race.

Ah, that's good to know. I know that maxruns=0 never used to work, so it must have been changed. I wonder if that also means that maxwins=0 also now works, meaning we can create non-maiden races that are only open to maidens?

In saying that though, have you tested it over a few seasons, as a French 2yo race in June is likely to attract mostly unraced horses anyway?

I have this race in my schedule and on the whole, the maxruns=0 command doesn't work.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yep tested it again multiple times must have been a one off.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Dossa read this

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:56 pm
Selling plater

Where are the showcase files?

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 am
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
You need to right click the file go into properties click into security click edit and then assign who is allowed to change files namely yourself :lol:

I already had the permissions set to that. It still says access is denied.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 am
Group 1 winner

dossa8655 wrote:
Where are the showcase files?

Look in u files and folders on u computer

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm putting the finishing touches on an updated US schedule featuring the graded races run in 2012. I want to assign top handicap ratings for the graded handicap races. Can anyone suggest some numbers? I'm thinking of going with one of these setups...

G1 = 140
G2 = 120
G3 = 100

OR...

G1 = 140
G2 = 130
G3 = 120

Are these too high or off the mark? Any thoughts?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
The third piece of information here (which again is optional), is the maximum preferred rating for horses in the race. You enter an R, followed by the rating, as in the example above. This is particularly useful for setting a preferred ratings ceiling for races that are otherwise open, such as with graded or open handicaps in the jumps game.

Does this only work in the jumps game because it doesn't seem to take effect when I apply it.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:37 am
Group 1 winner

Sirius the problem with having h'caps in the US is that most are limited h'caps, with a range of between 5 to 10 pounds, perhaps mark could put limited H'caps in so 6. It's more realistic if all Graded races are non h'caps in the US game.

Take for instance the Best H'cap in The US, the Santa Anita H'cap, it had a range between 8'0 And 8'8.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 pm
Group 1 winner

That is a problem with NH handicaps as well, there are many limited handicaps like the old roan chase that don't reflect their real life conditions in game either.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
That is a problem with NH handicaps as well, there are many limited handicaps like the old roan chase that don't reflect their real life conditions in game either.

Thats what put me off the jumps game, i love jump racing but the h'caps are odd and there are to many condition race's, the good horses race to many times.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:51 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Sirius the problem with having h'caps in the US is that most are limited h'caps, with a range of between 5 to 10 pounds, perhaps mark could put limited H'caps in so 6. It's more realistic if all Graded races are non h'caps in the US game.

Take for instance the Best H'cap in The US, the Santa Anita H'cap, it had a range between 8'0 And 8'8.

You're probably right, GZ. So I've settled on changing the graded handicaps to straight up graded stakes. Handicaps in name only. I was hoping with the the ratings cap to keep the top stakes horses from running in the G3H's and G2H's.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

You're probably right, GZ. So I've settled on changing the graded handicaps to straight up graded stakes. Handicaps in name only. I was hoping with the the ratings cap to keep the top stakes horses from running in the G3H's and G2H's.

I love my US game, i've totally changed most aspect's of my game, i've got 19 racecourses ( the course's i follow in real life( hastings, emerald , northlands, Arapahoe) and all the stakes race's from those course's but that was the one thing when changing all the stakes race's that i thought could be improved and that was having limited h'caps, lots of the older group one race's are limited hcap's in the US, in my game i made up some decent h'caps for the lower rated horse's because they needed race's to to aim at.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next