View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Natspread 
Selling plater

Post Natspread
I basically know what natspread is, but I don't know exactly what it means.

I know it brings international trainers into the game. But what does a '1' represent? 1%? 1/2 the normal? 1 owner?

And what is the maximum? 10? 100?

Fri May 04, 2012 2:26 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Natspread
The numbers determine the amount of horses from each overseas country in the game at any time, and the countries are in the following order in the file:

UK (always leave this as it is in the default file), USA, Australia, Ireland, France, Japan, UAE, Germany, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong.

Changing the numbers for each overseas country in the UK schedule files means the following:

0 - Country not represented (no horses, no trainers, no jockeys)
1 - 22/23 horses
2 - 45 horses
3 - 90 horses
4 - 135 horses
5 - 180 horses
6 - 225 horses

You can't go any higher than this. These amounts are a guide only - you may find that it's plus or minus one or two horses in any given season. When you include horses for an overseas country, it means that all jockeys and trainers are activated for that country.

For any overseas country that you include in your UK game, you will find their horse pool is divided in four, with the same number of 2yo, 3yo, 4yo and 5yo. Overseas horses automatically retire after their 5yo season, to be replaced by the new 2yo. This keeps the overseas pools at the same size throughout the game.

Fri May 04, 2012 8:49 am
Selling plater

Thanks!

Sat May 05, 2012 2:20 am
Handicapper

Hey panther, was wondering is there any benefit of reducing the amount of overseas horses in the game (for an aussie game in this example). What I mean is will get a lot more Australian horses in the game therefore increasing field sizes and quality of runners? Or is the default amount set and this just adds extra in to the game.

Also say I include Dubai races in my game but set UAE to 0 will this cause an error or just rely on foreign runners from Hong Kong/NZ/UK etc?

Thanks mate

Tue May 22, 2012 8:17 am
Group 1 winner

Teejay1993 wrote:
Hey panther, was wondering is there any benefit of reducing the amount of overseas horses in the game (for an aussie game in this example). What I mean is will get a lot more Australian horses in the game therefore increasing field sizes and quality of runners? Or is the default amount set and this just adds extra in to the game.

Yes, if you reduce the number of overseas horses in your game it will increase the number of Australian horses. There will always be roughly the same number of horses in training in any given season, so this gives you control as to how many are from the schedule's home country, and how many are from overseas.

Teejay1993 wrote:
Also say I include Dubai races in my game but set UAE to 0 will this cause an error or just rely on foreign runners from Hong Kong/NZ/UK etc?

I really haven't done very much testing with this, but it certainly doesn't cause any immediate crashes in the first season. The races will probably fill up mostly with other overseas horses, but you might get some Australian ones in there too, depending on how many overseas horses are available to fill the races you've included.

Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 am
Handicapper

Thanks mate, exactly what I wanted to hear. Ill mess around with my schedule anyway to get the perfect balance, cheers

Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
I really haven't done very much testing with this, but it certainly doesn't cause any immediate crashes in the first season. The races will probably fill up mostly with other overseas horses, but you might get some Australian ones in there too, depending on how many overseas horses are available to fill the races you've included.

Can confirm this doesn't bring about any crashes.

Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Is the maximum number of horses in training is 10000?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:

16076 horses in training. :D I should know I did a horse name database with legends in it.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 am
Group 1 winner

exxplozion wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

16076 horses in training. :D I should know I did a horse name database with legends in it.

He maybe meant in any given season. In the UK flat game, there will always be 4000 horses currently in training.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
exxplozion wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

He maybe meant in any given season. In the UK flat game, there will always be 4000 horses currently in training.

Is this including overseas horses? Only because I am doing a uk combined and I want to change the numbers around a bit and have more uk Ireland and France horses and it would be helpful to know as then I know what I'm working with. I say 10000 because that what it says on the features page. So back to my question how many horses would be in training in total including overseas horses in the uk combined schedule?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:41 am
Group 1 winner

exxplozion wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

Likewise - still ploughing through my list - at about 85% now! :)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
panther wrote:

Is this including overseas horses? Only because I am doing a uk combined and I want to change the numbers around a bit and have more uk Ireland and France horses and it would be helpful to know as then I know what I'm working with. I say 10000 because that what it says on the features page. So back to my question how many horses would be in training in total including overseas horses in the uk combined schedule?

Yes, this is all horses in total, including overseas horses; there will be 4000 horses in training at any given time, and this total applies to both the flat-only game and the combined game. The maximum number of horses you can have in training for any of the overseas countries in your game is up to 225, as per my earlier post in this thread.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 pm
Group 1 winner

GS63 wrote:
exxplozion wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

Likewise - still ploughing through my list - at about 85% now! :)

Good luck mate may I ask what horses are you including in your name database and are you doing ALL 16076 horses :shock:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 am
Group 1 winner

No worries Kev

I'm avoiding putting in real horses names (past and present), so I am weeding out the "Kauto Star's", "Refuse to Bend's" etc as well as taking out crappy names like "Flossy", "Billy" and "Bobby" etc.

I have recorded just in excess of 1,200 new names that I have input myself, so estimate I will have added about 1,350 new ones by the time I am finished. Quite a task!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next