View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Natspread 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Natspread
GS63 wrote:
No worries Kev

I'm avoiding putting in real horses names (past and present), so I am weeding out the "Kauto Star's", "Refuse to Bend's" etc as well as taking out crappy names like "Flossy", "Billy" and "Bobby" etc.

I have recorded just in excess of 1,200 new names that I have input myself, so estimate I will have added about 1,350 new ones by the time I am finished. Quite a task!

And this is before you try to think up names for your own horses!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:27 pm
Group 1 winner

That's right Ubar - good job I like thinking up names for horse eh?!! :)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Well good luck, I did about 8000ish names but mine were from real horses past and present but to make up so many horse names is even harder I don't envy you

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 am
Group 1 winner

Panther I have a question. I am adding jumps from USA, Japan and NZ and I was goin to edit the Natspread on the jumps schedule to include a small number from each country. But I was wondering will this create a problem with their trainers and their jockeys as their jockeys are only flat and so are the trainers, or would the game put British/Irish jockeys on their horses or would it just make their jockeys carry more weight, and would the trainers who are normally flat train the jumpers as well?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Panther I have a question. I am adding jumps from USA, Japan and NZ and I was goin to edit the Natspread on the jumps schedule to include a small number from each country. But I was wondering will this create a problem with their trainers and their jockeys as their jockeys are only flat and so are the trainers, or would the game put British/Irish jockeys on their horses or would it just make their jockeys carry more weight, and would the trainers who are normally flat train the jumpers as well?

I'm not sure, to be honest, as I've never tested that. Just test it and see what happens.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:17 am
Group 1 winner

when i try to change the nat spread in any way, it crashes when i try to load the saved game

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm
Handicapper

panther wrote:
The numbers determine the amount of horses from each overseas country in the game at any time, and the countries are in the following order in the file:

UK (always leave this as it is in the default file), USA, Australia, Ireland, France, Japan, UAE, Germany, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong.

Changing the numbers for each overseas country in the UK schedule files means the following:

0 - Country not represented (no horses, no trainers, no jockeys)
1 - 22/23 horses
2 - 45 horses
3 - 90 horses
4 - 135 horses
5 - 180 horses
6 - 225 horses

You can't go any higher than this. These amounts are a guide only - you may find that it's plus or minus one or two horses in any given season. When you include horses for an overseas country, it means that all jockeys and trainers are activated for that country.

For any overseas country that you include in your UK game, you will find their horse pool is divided in four, with the same number of 2yo, 3yo, 4yo and 5yo. Overseas horses automatically retire after their 5yo season, to be replaced by the new 2yo. This keeps the overseas pools at the same size throughout the game.

Does this mean the Natspread is set for all countries? (ie I am using a full UK flat schedule.) Or do I change the Natspreads for the Frecnh races, Dubai races etc?
Or do I only set it the once for the game overall? Hope that makes sense.

Also, how do the numbers above (0,1,2,3,4,5 and 6) relate to the Natspreads in the editor (1/2, x1, x5 etc)?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

1/2=1
normal=2
X2=3
X3=4
X4=5
X5=6

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:05 pm
Group 1 winner

bosra sham wrote:
Does this mean the Natspread is set for all countries? (ie I am using a full UK flat schedule.) Or do I change the Natspreads for the Frecnh races, Dubai races etc?
Or do I only set it the once for the game overall? Hope that makes sense.

Yes, you have to set it for all the countries, or you can choose to leave it with the default settings.

Ubar answered your other question.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:13 pm
Handicapper

Ok, so that means that on my UK schedule if I select "Ireland" to X5 I will get about 225 Irish horses in my UK schedule?

And will those 225 horses mainly race in my scheduled Irish races rather than French/Dubai/N American races etc?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:24 pm
Group 1 winner

bosra sham wrote:
Ok, so that means that on my UK schedule if I select "Ireland" to X5 I will get about 225 Irish horses in my UK schedule?

And will those 225 horses mainly race in my scheduled Irish races rather than French/Dubai/N American races etc?

You will find that most of the races for older horses should fill up mainly with Irish horses, but you will find that some overseas 2yo and 3yo races can fill up with horses from anywhere - I've asked Mark to have a look at this.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 pm
Handicapper

Ok thanks.

So that means the N.American races should fill up with N. American horses first even with a low "Natspread"? Except for 3yo only races which just fill up with any top horses?

Is that right?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:41 pm
Group 1 winner

I've finished updating my horse list - 2 months work and in excess of 2,000 new names added!!

Now I can start a proper game at last :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:04 pm
Group 1 winner

bosra sham wrote:
So that means the N.American races should fill up with N. American horses first even with a low "Natspread"? Except for 3yo only races which just fill up with any top horses?

Is that right?

Yes, they should, but you will often find that 2yo and 3yo overseas races are more likely to fill up with horses from different countries. I've suggested a few things to Mark to perhaps get around this, and hopefully he will look into these when he's sorted the main bugs. There is also still an issue with distance spread in overseas horses, as there are far more overseas sprinters than there should be.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

GS63 wrote:
I've finished updating my horse list - 2 months work and in excess of 2,000 new names added!!

Now I can start a proper game at last :lol: :lol:

Well done mate, bloody hard work I know go and get yourself a few nice, ice cold beers :D :lol:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next